If I'm proud of what I am, that's a problem for many people...

Like another poster said further up the thread, I'm proud of all the accomplishments that I've managed to do over the course of my life. I served a full career in the military, was one of the best at my job, and trained enough on a bicycle to be a pretty formidable racer.

But, none of those have anything to do with me being male, white or any of the other stuff. It's because of my attitude and willingness to succeed that did it, not the body I was born with.
So you're denying your white privilidge?

Who says you can’t be proud ? Be proud.

But when you are tearing down others, that’s not pride . That’s hatred .

Conservatives regularly utilize the HATE and SWITCH routine...

They'll say "I hate gays"

then when you call it hate speech switch it to "I merely disagree with their life style"

All over this message board are conservatives calling liberals TRAITORS and DEMONIC and SCUM and NAZIS....

yet when you say "sounds like hate speech to me"

they respond "i'm offended.....I merely disagreed with you and you called it HATE SPEECH"

in their brains "I want to kill my enemies" is NOT hate speech. It is reasonable and just.

Like another poster said further up the thread, I'm proud of all the accomplishments that I've managed to do over the course of my life. I served a full career in the military, was one of the best at my job, and trained enough on a bicycle to be a pretty formidable racer.

But, none of those have anything to do with me being male, white or any of the other stuff. It's because of my attitude and willingness to succeed that did it, not the body I was born with.

Well, the military doesn't give you things because of your race, they give it to you because of how well you do your job. If you want to get rank and move up, you have to earn it by meeting the required standards for advancement. It's based on your evaluations, time in service, time in paygrade, and how many personal awards you have.

And yeah, I was damn good at my job. They don't give away Navy Achievement Medals signed by an admiral to just anyone, and I have 3.

And, race had nothing to do with my being able to go long distances and ride fast on a bike. That was earned by countless miles of riding and training and being willing to suffer in training so I would do well in races.

Well, the military doesn't give you things because of your race, they give it to you because of how well you do your job. If you want to get rank and move up, you have to earn it by meeting the required standards for advancement. It's based on your evaluations, time in service, time in paygrade, and how many personal awards you have.

And yeah, I was damn good at my job. They don't give away Navy Achievement Medals signed by an admiral to just anyone, and I have 3.

And, race had nothing to do with my being able to go long distances and ride fast on a bike. That was earned by countless miles of riding and training and being willing to suffer in training so I would do well in races.
So you are denying your white privilidge. Why be so long-winded about?

Because otherwise, people like you wouldn't get it. And, to tell you the truth, I've never had to use white privilege, because it didn't exist in the Navy.

PROUD TO BE A SOUTHERN WHITE MAN [emoji1317]
4521c5a7acdf11a2b6802bbcb0e494fd.jpg

Proud to fly a flag of traitors ? Proud of all’s the US troops they killed , more than any enemy in history ? Proud of how they tried to destroy the United States ? Proud of their stance on slavery ?

I bet you get all upset at the athletes who kneel.

Because otherwise, people like you wouldn't get it. And, to tell you the truth, I've never had to use white privilege, because it didn't exist in the Navy.
Oh, we do get. White privilidge has never been used by liberals, at least the ones I know. It is apparently only used by the Walmart crowd. Every guilt-ridden liberal acknowledges it exists, but insist they are the exceptions because they worked so hard and were so good at there jobs. Every last one of them!

There’s no politics in the Navy?

If I'm proud to be a man, that makes me a misogynist.

If I'm proud to be white, that makes me a racist.

If I'm proud to be straight, that makes me a homophobe.

And even if I don't have pride in being a straight white man, I am privileged.

The classic no-win situation for me.
I'm curious....if you are proud of all those things, why are you always whining?

Pride is a mortal sin...

But no one would accuse a gay, a non-white or a woman of "tearing down others."

You only say that to me because I'm a straight white man.
They are "tearing down others" if they call whites inferior, men inferior or straights inferior......................oops.

Being male is being a gender. Not something you achieved so why are you proud?

Being white is being a race. Not something you achieved so why are you proud?

Being straight is your sexual orientation. Again not an achievement.

You just named three things you're proud of that are in no way something you earned or achieved. Here's a tip. Don't want to be labeled as something. Don't say things that deserve that label.
I never said I was proud of any of these things that are not within my control.

I said "if".

But others do say they're proud.

LGBT has a whole month of calling themselves proud.

If you can't help being LGBT, why be proud of it if you are?
So...it's really envy over Gay Pride Month....and I'll bet Black History Month too.

Being male is being a gender. Not something you achieved so why are you proud?

Being white is being a race. Not something you achieved so why are you proud?

Being straight is your sexual orientation. Again not an achievement.

You just named three things you're proud of that are in no way something you earned or achieved. Here's a tip. Don't want to be labeled as something. Don't say things that deserve that label.
I never said I was proud of any of these things that are not within my control.

I said "if".

But others do say they're proud.

LGBT has a whole month of calling themselves proud.

If you can't help being LGBT, why be proud of it if you are?
So...it's really envy over Gay Pride Month....and I'll bet Black History Month too.

I never hear people complaining about St Pattys day? Which celebrates white People .

Not sure what the OP is crying about .

What interests me is the leftist's attitude that straight white men can just eat shit and die for all they care.
Why should you even care what someone else thinks? That is the real problem you have is lack of self esteem.

Conservatives regularly utilize the HATE and SWITCH routine...

They'll say "I hate gays"

then when you call it hate speech switch it to "I merely disagree with their life style"

All over this message board are conservatives calling liberals TRAITORS and DEMONIC and SCUM and NAZIS....

yet when you say "sounds like hate speech to me"

they respond "i'm offended.....I merely disagreed with you and you called it HATE SPEECH"

in their brains "I want to kill my enemies" is NOT hate speech. It is reasonable and just.

Or they complain that conservatives are being thrown off social media sites because of their “views”. Well when your views are super racist shit, that’s what happens !

PROUD TO BE A SOUTHERN WHITE MAN [emoji1317]
4521c5a7acdf11a2b6802bbcb0e494fd.jpg

Proud to fly a flag of traitors ? Proud of all’s the US troops they killed , more than any enemy in history ? Proud of how they tried to destroy the United States ? Proud of their stance on slavery ?

I bet you get all upset at the athletes who kneel.
Actually, that's not even the con-federate flag......some people are too stupid to even know that when they fly that.

But no one would accuse a gay, a non-white or a woman of "tearing down others."

You only say that to me because I'm a straight white man.

Well, you trying to tear down others probably has a lot to do with it.

I is who I B. Generally evaluated as a complete asshole at first meet. A little later people become friends once they get my pessimism.
OFTEN THEY become asSholes (the smart ones who get it)

Forum List

Back