If I'm proud of what I am, that's a problem for many people...

Who says you canā€™t be proud ? Be proud.

But when you are tearing down others, thatā€™s not pride . Thatā€™s hatred .
But no one would accuse a gay, a non-white or a woman of "tearing down others."

You only say that to me because I'm a straight white man.

Well, you trying to tear down others probably has a lot to do with it.
So, saying black lives matter is cool, but saying all lives matter is tearing down others, eh? Friggin snowflakes!

Like another poster said further up the thread, I'm proud of all the accomplishments that I've managed to do over the course of my life. I served a full career in the military, was one of the best at my job, and trained enough on a bicycle to be a pretty formidable racer.

But, none of those have anything to do with me being male, white or any of the other stuff. It's because of my attitude and willingness to succeed that did it, not the body I was born with.
So you're denying your white privilidge?

Well, the military doesn't give you things because of your race, they give it to you because of how well you do your job. If you want to get rank and move up, you have to earn it by meeting the required standards for advancement. It's based on your evaluations, time in service, time in paygrade, and how many personal awards you have.

And yeah, I was damn good at my job. They don't give away Navy Achievement Medals signed by an admiral to just anyone, and I have 3.

And, race had nothing to do with my being able to go long distances and ride fast on a bike. That was earned by countless miles of riding and training and being willing to suffer in training so I would do well in races.
So you are denying your white privilidge. Why be so long-winded about?

Because otherwise, people like you wouldn't get it. And, to tell you the truth, I've never had to use white privilege, because it didn't exist in the Navy.
Oh, we do get. White privilidge has never been used by liberals, at least the ones I know. It is apparently only used by the Walmart crowd. Every guilt-ridden liberal acknowledges it exists, but insist they are the exceptions because they worked so hard and were so good at there jobs. Every last one of them!

Like I already told you, I didn't use it because it doesn't exist in the military. If you are good at your job, you advance. If not, you don't. And, if you don't make a certain rank by a certain time, you are told to go home. E-4's can only stay in the military up to 10 years. If they haven't advanced by that time, they are told to go home. And yeah, I was exceedingly good at my job. 3 Navy Achievement Medals, all signed by Admirals say that I was. So did the 2.5 percent error rate I had for payroll. The Navy considers it outstanding if you can get it down to 5 percent, and mine was half that.

Like another poster said further up the thread, I'm proud of all the accomplishments that I've managed to do over the course of my life. I served a full career in the military, was one of the best at my job, and trained enough on a bicycle to be a pretty formidable racer.

But, none of those have anything to do with me being male, white or any of the other stuff. It's because of my attitude and willingness to succeed that did it, not the body I was born with.

Well, the military doesn't give you things because of your race, they give it to you because of how well you do your job. If you want to get rank and move up, you have to earn it by meeting the required standards for advancement. It's based on your evaluations, time in service, time in paygrade, and how many personal awards you have.

And yeah, I was damn good at my job. They don't give away Navy Achievement Medals signed by an admiral to just anyone, and I have 3.

And, race had nothing to do with my being able to go long distances and ride fast on a bike. That was earned by countless miles of riding and training and being willing to suffer in training so I would do well in races.

Because otherwise, people like you wouldn't get it. And, to tell you the truth, I've never had to use white privilege, because it didn't exist in the Navy.

Thereā€™s no politics in the Navy?

Not really, at least not until you get into the Chief ranks. But even then, the "politics" as you call them are more like horse trading. I'll do this for you if you do this for me.

Class Warfare is in the tool box for the left every election.............that and character assassination.........then the fake outrage when they are called on it............

It is Drama and nothing more........even though their lunatic base goes freaking nuts when they say it.............

It's all BS. Same as PC........

The proper response to someone who uses this BS..............

Class Warfare is in the tool box for the left every election.............that and character assassination.........then the fake outrage when they are called on it............

It is Drama and nothing more........even though their lunatic base goes freaking nuts when they say it.............

Sounds an awful lot like the tactics that Trump and his minions use. Everyone that Trump doesn't like gets their character called into question or assassinated. And, when he's called on it, he claims he never said that, or gets all pissy about the question.

Oh, we do get. White privilidge has never been used by liberals, at least the ones I know. It is apparently only used by the Walmart crowd. Every guilt-ridden liberal acknowledges it exists, but insist they are the exceptions because they worked so hard and were so good at there jobs. Every last one of them!

Like I already told you, I didn't use it because it doesn't exist in the military. If you are good at your job, you advance. If not, you don't. And, if you don't make a certain rank by a certain time, you are told to go home. E-4's can only stay in the military up to 10 years. If they haven't advanced by that time, they are told to go home. And yeah, I was exceedingly good at my job. 3 Navy Achievement Medals, all signed by Admirals say that I was. So did the 2.5 percent error rate I had for payroll. The Navy considers it outstanding if you can get it down to 5 percent, and mine was half that.
Suck up awards.........Navy achievement awards..............were the suck ups advance over the more qualified at the job happened all the time when I was in...........

If you couldn't get advanced passed e-4 by 10 years then you are dumb as a rock anyway and the Navy didn't need you anyways.

The 25% rule............

25%..........good at their jobs......motivated and fixed everything....
25%..........good at their jobs.....lazy as hell and delegated everything or did nothing...
25%..........horrible at their jobs.....motivated and screwed up broken stuff far more than had they left it alone
25%.........Horrible at their jobs......lazy and did nothing but cause grief ........kinda like a liberal lunatic...lol

Sounds an awful lot like the tactics that Trump and his minions use. Everyone that Trump doesn't like gets their character called into question or assassinated. And, when he's called on it, he claims he never said that, or gets all pissy about the question.
He fires back at the lapdog media and the left..........

Too dang bad that they don't like a taste of their own medicine.

Take 2 spoons full of Karma and get back to me.

Suck up awards.........Navy achievement awards..............were the suck ups advance over the more qualified at the job happened all the time when I was in...........

If you couldn't get advanced passed e-4 by 10 years then you are dumb as a rock anyway and the Navy didn't need you anyways.

The 25% rule............

25%..........good at their jobs.....lazy as hell and delegated everything or did nothing...
25%..........horrible at their jobs.....motivated and screwed up broken stuff far more than had they left it alone
25%.........Horrible at their jobs......lazy and did nothing but cause grief ........kinda like a liberal lunatic...lol

SOME of the NAM's signed by the command's CO could have been considered "suck up" awards on occasion. I've seen them myself. Saw an SH (Ship's Serviceman) get a command NAM for keeping the soda machines stocked during the cruise. Only thing is, that was his only job on the ship.

NAM's that go outside the command and are signed by higher ups are legitimate, because not only is the upper command gonna check on the write up to make sure it's good, but only 10 percent of a command's NAM's are sent outside the command to be signed by higher ranking officers, and commands don't like to waste those for suck up awards.

And, like I said, I had a 2.5 percent error rate for payroll. When I was stationed with an MSC command, MSC decided that I had such a good system, they required the PN's that were checking into the other commands to check in with me if I was inport, because they wanted them to have the same kind of system in place that I had.

The 25% rule............

SOME of the NAM's signed by the command's CO could have been considered "suck up" awards on occasion. I've seen them myself. Saw an SH (Ship's Serviceman) get a command NAM for keeping the soda machines stocked during the cruise. Only thing is, that was his only job on the ship.

NAM's that go outside the command and are signed by higher ups are legitimate, because not only is the upper command gonna check on the write up to make sure it's good, but only 10 percent of a command's NAM's are sent outside the command to be signed by higher ranking officers, and commands don't like to waste those for suck up awards.

And, like I said, I had a 2.5 percent error rate for payroll. When I was stationed with an MSC command, MSC decided that I had such a good system, they required the PN's that were checking into the other commands to check in with me if I was inport, because they wanted them to have the same kind of system in place that I had.
Good boy............Are you Proud of yourself............because the theme of this thread is people shouldn't be proud of stuff.

LOL

Joking..........Bravo Zulu for a job well done.............but my 25% rules stays the same........same for the NAMs............I could give you horror stories all day long on the lazy people who moved up the chain doing incredibly shitty jobs ............and people like me having to clean up the mess.

LOL

I just want to say that I am not proud of being a straight white man.

I said "if"...

However, the hostility you people showed proves my point.

The 25% rule............

Good boy............Are you Proud of yourself............because the theme of this thread is people shouldn't be proud of stuff.

LOL

Joking..........Bravo Zulu for a job well done.............but my 25% rules stays the same........same for the NAMs............I could give you horror stories all day long on the lazy people who moved up the chain doing incredibly shitty jobs ............and people like me having to clean up the mess.

LOL

Well, like I said, at all the commands I was at, if a NAM was signed by someone higher than the CO, that one was a legitimate NAM, because according to the regs at the time, a command was allowed to send only 10 percent of their allotted quota of NAMs per year up the chain. And, the number of NAMs allowed to a command was based on the number of personnel there.

And yeah, I can tell you some pretty good stories as well. Working in the Personnel office, I had to type the certificates, and some of them made be burst out laughing or made me wanna hurl because they were definitely kiss ass awards.

I just want to say that I am not proud of being a straight white man.

I said "if"...

However, the hostility you people showed proves my point.
Which is what..........that people use race, nationality and etc..............for politics and Class Warfare..........

I'm shocked.

The 25% rule............

See how CRCs trash veterans?

If I'm proud to be a man, that makes me a misogynist.

If I'm proud to be white, that makes me a racist.

If I'm proud to be straight, that makes me a homophobe.

And even if I don't have pride in being a straight white man, I am privileged.

The classic no-win situation for me.
No, you actually won the gene pool lottery.

If I'm proud to be a man, that makes me a misogynist. If I'm proud to be white, that makes me a racist. If I'm proud to be straight, that makes me a homophobe. And even if I don't have pride in being a straight white man, I am privileged. The classic no-win situation for me.
Pride is a sin, so there you have another problem. Sucks to be you! :10:
Well, then you must think all those queers at the gay pride parades really SUCK!

And, by the way Eagle, this thread isn't that a person shouldn't be proud of stuff, it's just that being proud of being male, or white, isn't anything you worked for, it's just something that is.

Am I proud to be a white boy from Montana? Maybe about the fact I'm from Montana, but being white shouldn't be something to be proud or ashamed of, because it's just something that is.

My accomplishments however, are quite another thing. I'm proud of the fact that I've ridden a bicycle long distances, from Memphis to Jacksonville FL, from Jacksonville FL to Newport RI, and from Newport RI to Norfolk VA (rode a bicycle each time I transferred commands). I'm also proud of the fact that while I was in Memphis, I was ranked 20th for amateur bike riders in the city (did 10 miles in 22 min), of the speeds I could hit (been clocked at 66 mph going downhill, could hit 53 drafting on the flats, 48 on my own, and cruised at 20 to 25 mph).

But none of those things have anything to do with my gender or color.

Same with everything I accomplished in my life and in the Navy.

If I'm proud to be a man, that makes me a misogynist.

If I'm proud to be white, that makes me a racist.

If I'm proud to be straight, that makes me a homophobe.

And even if I don't have pride in being a straight white man, I am privileged.

The classic no-win situation for me.

It all depends on how you express your pride to be who you are. Is it positive: i.e. I'm male, I'm white, I'm heterosexual, and I stand with my fellow humans of all kinds? Or are you being negative and trying to use your characteristics against different folks, through a gross display of identity politics?

Who says you canā€™t be proud ? Be proud.

But when you are tearing down others, thatā€™s not pride . Thatā€™s hatred .
But no one would accuse a gay, a non-white or a woman of "tearing down others."

You only say that to me because I'm a straight white man.

Well, you trying to tear down others probably has a lot to do with it.
So, saying black lives matter is cool, but saying all lives matter is tearing down others, eh? Friggin snowflakes!

How many of those straw men do you have? Of course all lives matter. The Black Lives Matter group focuses on black lives because that is the group they are in that is being targeted. You don't get that?

Forum List

Back