If I tell you...

I think "teenager" when I hear teenager. Not child or adult because they can be both. It's a unique age/time in a person's life. They are the inbetween years.

You asked a question and I answered honestly.

And I didn't have to pull some imaginary "stat" out of my rear to back up my opinion.

I think "teenager" when I hear teenager. Not child or adult because they can be both. It's a unique age/time in a person's life. They are the inbetween years.

You asked a question and I answered honestly.

And I didn't have to pull some imaginary "stat" out of my rear to do so.

Stat? Ok lets play your game shall we?

Of those ages how many are children?

Actually, make the 13-16 because 17 year olds can join the military.

I hope this game ends quick ... I'm off work in 5 minutes.

17 year olds can ONLY join the Military with parental permission, at which time they become emancipated. Now shall we guess how many actually do that?

Here lets do it another way shall we? Lets assume that across all the age groups the breakdown is the same number of persons. Lets pick 1 million for argument sake.

That means 7 million people are between the ages of 13 and 19 inclusive. How many of that 7 million are children?

17 year olds can ONLY join the Military with parental permission, at which time they become emancipated. Now shall we guess how many actually do that?

Here lets do it another way shall we? Lets assume that across all the age groups the breakdown is the same number of persons. Lets pick 1 million for argument sake.

That means 7 million people are between the ages of 13 and 19 inclusive. How many of that 7 million are children?

My simple math skills tells me 4 million, Sarge.

So lemme guess ... using your logic because of that then the majority of Americans must view teenagers as children?

Is that the brilliant point you are trying to make?

So lemme guess ... using your logic because of that then the majority of Americans must view teenagers as children?

It is a simple fact the vast majority of "teenagers" are children. The reality is that the press uses the term teenager in an effort to evoke an image of a child.

Might want to recheck your math, it is 5 million. once again slow poke, FEW 17 year olds join the military. And in fact the military has quotes for how many they can take.

lol ... teenager is a factual term

Is your brow permanently furrowed or what?

Forum List

Back