If Hobby Lobby wins...

Equivalents are not a slippery slope. Hobby Lobby is objecting to medical treatments, in this case certain forms of birth control.

Catholicism opposes all artificial birth control. There is no 'slippery slope' to the prospect that a business run by a Catholic could demand to be exempted from all birth control coverage in the insurance.

[SIZE="7"pay attention---HL is not objecting to any form of birth control, they are objecting to abortion causing drugs, nothing else. abortion is NOT birth control.[/SIZE]

Are you denying that Catholicism objects to ALL birth control? Are you denying that that is a core religious belief of a major branch of the Christian faith?

this is not about what catholics believe or any other branch of Christianity. Its about what the owners of HL believe and their right to live by their beliefs.

Its called freedom, dingleberry.

NY won't answer when the questions get tough...maybe he's gotta get in touch with his feeeeeelings first....:eusa_whistle:

libs are all about killing helpless innocent new life.....but suddenly get all 'concerned' when it comes to dealing with the one responsible for the heinous act....
.... If you outlaw abortion, more poor people will have babies....

?

So tell me, these "unwanted" children, what are we to do with them?? Will you send them home with a parent who not only does not want their new albatross but sees them as a burden / hindrance. A baby who will neither be wanted or loved in life by it's biological parents.

So will you put these children in an over burdened system and make them a responsibility of the government?? What type of life will they have? How many will be sexually / mentally / physically abused as they travel through a system fraught with sexual / financial predators who have little to no regard for human life.

Is this the life you would choose for these poor souls, aren't you the compassionate one ...

Will you sleep better at night knowing that some poor defenseless child is being victimized and that you were an integral part of it. No you did not participate but had you let the mother make a choice only SHE is capable of all that misery could be avoided. It is easy for you to sit in your ivory towers and envision a perfect world but at the end of the day it an an evil world full of evil people. You can claim you were unaware just as the Democraps do on a regular basis, but really would you rather come off as just plain wrong or totally ignorant.

I would have left this thread alone but your flippant attitude struck a nerve...

the answer is: don't create children that you don't want. If you are a woman either use birth control or don't screw. If you are man either use a condom or be ready to take responsibility for your actions.

Abortion should be reserved for saving the life of the mother and cases of rape and incest.

Actually, I suspect a 5-4 ruling against HObby Lobby,

Sure you do...

You even admitted that HL would win this yesterday. Now you retreat because the hate sites want you to go the other way.

because Corporate Personhood is such a thicket of messed up, no one would want to go there.

You are spouting stupidity.

Based on case law, and precedence, Hobby Lobby will win this, my guess is 6 - 3, with Sotomayor ruling in favor of HL - and only the 3 communist hags ruling against.

Standard Disclaimer: Is Breyer more of a fag than a hag? Does it matter? :D

So tell me, these "unwanted" children, what are we to do with them?? Will you send them home with a parent who not only does not want their new albatross but sees them as a burden / hindrance. A baby who will neither be wanted or loved in life by it's biological parents.

So will you put these children in an over burdened system and make them a responsibility of the government?? What type of life will they have? How many will be sexually / mentally / physically abused as they travel through a system fraught with sexual / financial predators who have little to no regard for human life.

Right, because this is Oliver Twist and we have orphanages overflowing with unwanted children - you fucking retard.

Is this the life you would choose for these poor souls, aren't you the compassionate one ...

Will you sleep better at night knowing that some poor defenseless child is being victimized and that you were an integral part of it. No you did not participate but had you let the mother make a choice only SHE is capable of all that misery could be avoided. It is easy for you to sit in your ivory towers and envision a perfect world but at the end of the day it an an evil world full of evil people. You can claim you were unaware just as the Democraps do on a regular basis, but really would you rather come off as just plain wrong or totally ignorant.

I would have left this thread alone but your flippant attitude struck a nerve...

You know, you fucking retard, that people spend up to a million dollars to adopt babies from China, Russia, and Africa - because you just can't get a kid in the USA - but here you are spewing the stupid shit from the hate sites about "unwanted babies."

You moronic fucktard.

That might be the case here but it's not the issue. Hobby Lobby or some other religious business owners could be objecting to all sorts of medical procedures on religious grounds.
I have a nice list going if it happens, starting with pregnancy. There are too many kids in the world already. Let the games begin.

I don't condone abortion, but there ARE circumstances, for example, where it might be necessary - YOU for example, would have been a perfect case for the life of the Mother...
A Pro-Lifer I see...

[SIZE="7"pay attention---HL is not objecting to any form of birth control, they are objecting to abortion causing drugs, nothing else. abortion is NOT birth control.[/SIZE]

Are you denying that Catholicism objects to ALL birth control? Are you denying that that is a core religious belief of a major branch of the Christian faith?

this is not about what catholics believe or any other branch of Christianity. Its about what the owners of HL believe and their right to live by their beliefs.

1. You don't get to live by 'your beliefs' in this country, if doing so violates the law.

2. Are you aware that the Little Sisters' challenge to the law involves ALL birth control, not just these so-called abortifacients?

No, you weren't...

Right, because this is Oliver Twist and we have orphanages overflowing with unwanted children - you fucking retard.

You know, you fucking retard, that people spend up to a million dollars to adopt babies from China, Russia, and Africa - because you just can't get a kid in the USA - but here you are spewing the stupid shit from the hate sites about "unwanted babies."

You moronic fucktard.

What a childish little bastard you are, see I can call names too you faggot!!

Foster Children Available for Adoption and Photolistings

Here this site not only impeaches you , but also allows me to show how brainless your retarded ass is moron!!

There are literally thousands of children potentially identified for adoption in California, many of whom have been abused and/or neglected, and are in need of the stable, loving home environment that Adoptive parents can provide.

You moronic fucktard.

Here this site not only impeaches you , but also allows me to show how brainless your retarded ass is moron!!

There are literally thousands of children potentially identified for adoption in California, many of whom have been abused and/or neglected, and are in need of the stable, loving home environment that Adoptive parents can provide.
Some idiotic cons don't think those children exist cause they're not itty bitty baybees.

They only give a shit if it's in the womb or ittty bitty.

I think it's cause they relate to embryos.

Yes you can; what you CAN'T do is rub two brain cells together and formulate a thought.

Oh, are they aborting children over 4 years of age now?

Must make you cum...

Adoption Wait Times - How Long Is The Wait for Adoption?

Some idiotic cons don't think those children exist cause they're not itty bitty baybees.

Look, you're mentally retarded - which is why you are a leftist....

What your scuzball buddy was advocating is more abortions. Now unless you leftists have lived your dream, and can now kill 4 and 5 year old kids, and granted, I know you want nothing more than this, but last I checked this is still a dream for you.

SO, unless you can kill older children now, abortion does nothing but reduce the population of "itty bitty baybees."

Or it could be the desire to bond.

I know, you leftists just have a lust to kill, you don't grasp the whole bonding thingy...

Cold hard fact.

97c2070e0835fdb499e021c9662900ba.jpg

First of all, no one's arguing against birth control. The argument is against other people being forced to buy you forms of birth control they don't approve of. Feel free to use as much of whatever type of birth control grabs you . . . on your own fucking dime, you cheap twat.

Second of all, why are the only alternatives for us to either pay out of our pockets to medicate you or to allow you to kill infants? Why is you taking some responsibility for your out-of-control vagina and not fucking like an indiscriminate monkey never on the table? Why do we just assume that you and your compatriots are going to spend the bulk of your waking hours on your backs with your legs spread, and every conclusion afterward must be predicated on that?

Bottom line, honey: you're the one fucking, so you're the one who should be ponying up the cash to fund it. If someone else is nice enough to chip in, you don't get to bitch that they're not chipping in enough or in the right way. Be grateful, you greedy cow.

...SO, unless you can kill older children now, abortion does nothing but reduce the population of "itty bitty baybees."

Or it could be the desire to bond.

I know, you leftists just have a lust to kill, you don't grasp the whole bonding thingy...

What I am advocating is for you not to condemn a human being to a miserable life when there are alternatives.

So what do these babies become over time?? Do you have some magic substance that stops / slows aging till you can find a perspective parent??

What about the mother, it is her body, with your stance, you are using her as an incubation container against HER will ...
What about her psychological well being of her, either keep a baby she doesn't want or give it away and always have questions ...

So the way I am reading it now, you are subjecting 2 others to possible horrific misery based simply on your self serving ideology but yet you want to call others "scuzball"....

Yeah, I think I am about to get a real clear image of YOU ....

Ame®icano;8864926 said:
[q

Actually, I suspect a 5-4 ruling against HObby Lobby, because Corporate Personhood is such a thicket of messed up, no one would want to go there.

How about no ruling with explanation that this coverage was not part of ACA, but added by executive order?

Not the reasoning that they were suing under in this case.

They weren't suing that the Executive Branch lacked authority under the ACA to create mandates.

They were arguing that an imaginary entity (Hobby Lobby) believes in an imaginary being (God) who says that certain kinds of birth control are equivlent to abortion (which is disputed by the entire medical community.)

THis would be laughed out of court, normally, but now we've got people like Scalia and Uncle Tom on there who can twist all sorts of logic to suit their agenda.

In this case, though, they might open a can of worms the GOP's Corporate Masters don't want opened- that corporations are the people who own and run them, and they can be sued for the actions of said corporation.

They are actually arguing that the Obama administration violated the law.

Dealing with that would actually force you to admit they have a case, which is why you keep arguing that they are arguing about something else.

That might be the case here but it's not the issue. Hobby Lobby or some other religious business owners could be objecting to all sorts of medical procedures on religious grounds.

Funny how you love slippery slopes when they might come down you r way, but are totally contemptuous of them when they fall on top of you, isn't it?

Just to show you how stupid you are, according to the government, anyone that has a religious objection to health insurance can opt out and amply pay the $2000 per employee fine. That means that they can already opt out, so you can relax and stop predicting the end of the universe if people actually have rights.

Equivalents are not a slippery slope. Hobby Lobby is objecting to medical treatments, in this case certain forms of birth control.

Catholicism opposes all artificial birth control. There is no 'slippery slope' to the prospect that a business run by a Catholic could demand to be exempted from all birth control coverage in the insurance.

That is exactly what a slippery slope is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope

Cold hard fact.

97c2070e0835fdb499e021c9662900ba.jpg

Cold hard fact, Hobby Lobby is not opposed to contraception.
They are opposed to IUD's: Contraception.

They are opposed to Emergency Contraception, which has the same medical effects as regular BC -- just variance in dosage and frequency.

BDBoop's statement stands.

There are lots of other types of contraception. Two kinds do not equal all contraception.

BDPoop's statement is crap.

Are you aware that Conestoga Woods, the other firm that was part of the same case, is owned by Mennonites?

But they can refuse service to them? As in the AZ bill that failed? lol

btw, these contraceptive methods are covered by insurance on the exchanges:

Covered contraceptive methods

All Food and Drug Administration-approved contraceptive methods prescribed by a woman’s doctor are covered, including:

•Barrier methods (used during intercourse), like diaphragms and sponges
•Hormonal methods, like birth control pills and vaginal rings
•Implanted devices, like intrauterine devices (IUDs)
•Emergency contraception, like Plan B® and ella®

If any of those were abortions, they couldn't be in the exchange plans, because the exchange plans get federal subsidies,

and the Hyde Amendment prohibits federal money going for abortions.

By the way, the fact that they are covered does not prove they are not abortifacient drugs, it just proves they are covered.

Unless, that is, you can prove that Obama has never in his life told a lie.

If they're abortion drugs, under the law, the Hyde amendment would prohibit them from being offered in the exchanges.

Apparently you missed the part of the debate where the Hyde amendment doesn't apply to Obamacare because it only prohibits direct spending on abortions.

Either that, or you are a lying sack of shit.

So...it only took 225 years for Americans to realize Corporations, fictional entities, they too should be afforded religious recognition, as if they were living, breathing, sentient hoomans.

Well whaddaya say.

The fact that you were unaware of the fact that America has always recognized that the individuals who actually own and populate corporations have rights to religious freedom, until twits like you came along playing Mr. Clever and trying to find ways to undermine them, doesn't mean it wasn't the case.

1. You don't get to live by 'your beliefs' in this country, if doing so violates the law.

2. Are you aware that the Little Sisters' challenge to the law involves ALL birth control, not just these so-called abortifacients?

No, you weren't...

That explains why the federal government actually allows Native Americans to use peyote and hunt eagles even though it is against the law.

Forum List

Back