Hobby Lobby Open Amid Coronavirus: God Will Keep Workers Safe

This is irresponsible beyond words.

hobby lobby should be closed in some places. In some states only grocery stores and pharmacies are open.

Yet the greedy owner of hobby lobby is trying to get his workers to go back to work. Against some state governors orders.

This man is a billionaire yet all he cares about is his money. He's not paying any sick leave while this pandemic is happening. He's telling his workers that things will get hard for them.

He could help out by paying them a living wage with proper benefits.

He could help out by keeping his stores closed so the virus won't spread.

He could keep his religion to himself and not lie to his employees to get them to go back to work against governors orders.

This man should be told that his stores should remain closed and his workers remain at home. He should be paying them at least 2 weeks sick leave too.

Hobby Lobby Open Amid Coronavirus: God Will Keep Workers Safe | Heavy.com

Many stores including Lowe’s, Walmart, Enterprise, Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Target, Wine and More, Big Lots, Car Dealerships, Sporting Goods Stores, Gun Stores, Jewelry Stores, Bars, Cabela’s, Dicks, the list goes on and on. Why only Hobby Lobby? Is it because they are owned by a Christian? I don’t like their excuse however they are no different than any of these other stores?
Dicks, Target and Cabela's? Essential? ???

Target has food.

hobby lobby should be closed in some places. In some states only grocery stores and pharmacies are open.

Yet the greedy owner of hobby lobby is trying to get his workers to go back to work. Against some state governors orders.

This man is a billionaire yet all he cares about is his money. He's not paying any sick leave while this pandemic is happening. He's telling his workers that things will get hard for them.

He could keep his religion to himself and not lie to his employees to get them to go back to work against governors orders.

This man should be told that his stores should remain closed and his workers remain at home. He should be paying them at least 2 weeks sick leave too.

Many stores including Lowe’s, Walmart, Enterprise, Ace Hardware, Home Depot, Target, Wine and More, Big Lots, Car Dealerships, Sporting Goods Stores, Gun Stores, Jewelry Stores, Bars, Cabela’s, Dicks, the list goes on and on. Why only Hobby Lobby? Is it because they are owned by a Christian? I don’t like their excuse however they are no different than any of these other stores?

They are currently open. I don’t make the rules and no one has even come to me to ask. So take up reality with the people that make the laws.

It's still a free country. The owners have a right to stay open. Employees have a right to work or say F-YOU to the owners. Customers have a right to shop there or not. Social media has a right to call them out and voice their opinion as this thread is doing.

It’s not a free country and business doesn’t get to do whatever it wants

Totally goes against the Democrats plan to shut down the economy and get Trump out of office! Abhorrent!

They have been chosen, they are special people.

So it is hatred against religion Is the reason. Thanks for clarifying that it is hatred that is the motivation here.

Religion is a $1.2 T bilk, other than that I have no problem.

I don’t care how people spend their money, it is their to do with what they like and choose. Why is what they make your business?

Target has food.

Some have food, not all. Same with Walmart, I believe. We have a local supermarket chain, I shop there.

They have been chosen, they are special people.

So it is hatred against religion Is the reason. Thanks for clarifying that it is hatred that is the motivation here.

They can be as victimy as they like, I really don't mind.

The OP was the one miffed at Hobby Lobby, she was the one starting the thread, Hobby Lobby isn’t the ones bitching.

Who the hell cares?

I've been to a number of Hobby Lobby stores, and not a one of them has been anywhere nearly as full of people as any grocery store is at any given time, and they're allowed to be open.

You liberoidals really could benefit from chilling the fuck out.

Why are you trolling Hobby Lobby stores?
I was talking in general....I go there for airbrush and modeling supplies.....There is very rarely any more that 20 or so customers in those stores at any given point in time.

The CEO's wife had a vision from God! Wait, I'm having the same vision......$$$$$$$$$$$$$

See there you go on your hate. You are a greedy ass business owner, no one should trust a thief such as yourself.

Target has food.

Some have food, not all. Same with Walmart, I believe. We have a local supermarket chain, I shop there.

All targets and Walmart's sell food.

The CEO's wife had a vision from God! Wait, I'm having the same vision......$$$$$$$$$$$$$

See there you go on your hate. You are a greedy ass business owner, no one should trust a thief such as yourself.

Religion=Greed.

Some stores here doing the same kinda thing.

Here in Washington, some places are like a ghost town.

I am at my place by Mt. Rainier now. Came down on Friday. Driving down the towns I went through were shutdown. The only businesses open are grocery stores, gas stations and pharmacies.

Towns big enough to have them, restaurants and drive throughs are still open though only for delivery and take out. We went into town for dinner last night. We had to place our order outside at the door, they had taken their phone off the hook so no phone orders. We waited in the car for our order to be brought to us. I took some shots of it.

Since being here I've gone to places that are usually filled with people. Now, are empty. It's very unnerving.

Unfortunately this needs to happen if we want to beat this virus.

Business owners such as the owner of hobby lobby are being very irresponsible. They have the money to shutdown and not be hurt badly. They have the money to pay their employees during this time.

Yet they don't. This one is a christian. I guess the owner didn't read the Matthew 19:21 or Luke 18:22 where Jesus tells rich people to sell everything they own and give the money to the poor.

If they shut down, those people will lose their housing and whatever else they are paying on. The number one thing you are not prepared to deal with is the new group of homeless that you will see.

Last edited:

Target has food.

All targets and Walmart's sell food.

You could be right, I don't shop at either. I prefer supporting my local stores. I’m pro small local businesses.

Religion=Greed.

Religion=Greed.

I disagree, I believe government = greed.

What in the Blue Hell is Hobby Lobby. Never heard of it. And yes the owner is stupid.

The only business he is concerned with is if the cafeteria will be serving his favorite pudding for dessert tonight at the Home for the Terminally Bewildered.

His fantasies seem to come to life in his posts, yet it is easy to tell that he is psychologically damaged.

What in the Blue Hell is Hobby Lobby. Never heard of it. And yes the owner is stupid.

Why is he stupid? The OP failed to make the case. Let's hear your reasoning.

Because it is evident that social distancing works. Keep the stores closed for another few weeks.

I tried to become as incensed and outraged about this issue as the author, and I failed. :dunno: Seems irresponsible, yes, as HL is a non-essential store. But, unless ordered to close down, capitalists gonna capitalist. Free country, and all.

Because it is evident that social distancing works. Keep the stores closed for another few weeks.

...and when the economy collapses and we add a few trillion to the national debt...

Forum List

Back