What if Hobby Lobby was run by Muslims imposing Sharia law on workers?

10426724_10204019594151019_5056455077408294681_n.jpg

So a religious belief applied to a business practice that denied an employee equal protection under the law - which is constitutionally protected - should be unconstitutional because, as you say, it directly conflicts with the US Constitution.

That's what Hobby lobby's denial of medical coverage does.

There you go off on a tangent again.

If that's all you have to say, why say anything?

Because nothing you said needs any more.

Justice Alito said:

"... it is not for us to say that their religious beliefs are mistaken or insubstantial. Instead, our “narrow function … in this context is to determine” whether the line drawn reflects “an honest conviction” and there is no dispute that it does."

So shouldn't this principle be applied to Muslim beliefs? that it isn't up to the Court to decide whether they're right or wrong,

it's up to the Court to determine if they are genuine beliefs, and if they are, to protect them against unconstitutional infringements.

Which might explain why the law firm that won the Hobby Lobby case is also representing a Muslim over a religious rights issue.

Justice Alito said:

"... it is not for us to say that their religious beliefs are mistaken or insubstantial. Instead, our “narrow function … in this context is to determine” whether the line drawn reflects “an honest conviction” and there is no dispute that it does."

So shouldn't this principle be applied to Muslim beliefs? that it isn't up to the Court to decide whether they're right or wrong,

it's up to the Court to determine if they are genuine beliefs, and if they are, to protect them against unconstitutional infringements.

Which might explain why the law firm that won the Hobby Lobby case is also representing a Muslim over a religious rights issue.

People also do not know that the ACLU represents more people over freedom of religion cases in the US than all other legal entities combined. Jerry Falwell hired them numerous times and also they represent any and all street preachers against local and municipal ordinances that ban street preaching.

I believe he is right but the RFRA, a law not thought out too well as Clinton and the Democrats crafted most of it, says otherwise.

I fully support the recent ruling because it was based on Federal Law be it a law we like all of it or not.

I believe a corporation is PEOPLE, but not all people in a corporation have the same religious beliefs and I oppose the law that forces Hobby Lobby to not be able to offer whatever benefits they damn well please.

If they were run by Muslims we'd never see this thread

these cowards only attack Christians

If they were run by Muslims we'd never see this thread

these cowards only attack Christians

Everywhere I go there are verbal attacks on Muslims, they have to have extra security at the Mosque down in Alpharetta which is a local suburb of Atlanta.

How many Christian churches have hundreds of people show up to fight them at zoning meetings like the Muslims have when they want to expand their building or build a new one on the land they own?

Your claim is preposterous, sounds good but not true. Go out and meet some of the Muslims in your community, I disagree with them on a lot of issues but I find they are willing to speak about them and share their agreements openly also.

Most of them respect us Christians.

Forum List

Back