If Government is Inept, why not get rid of it?

You say "Reign it back in" to what?

I hear talk of smaller government, but what exact is the size of smaller government?

Is your size of government smaller or larger than your buddy size? and What if programs that you prefer (I am guessing military) is cut while a program that you think is excessive grows, but the over arching size of government is made smaller, would that satisfy you?

Read Article I of the Constitution. That's the exact size of the US's smaller government.

:lol:

Do You Hate the State? by Murray N. Rothbard

This is a pretty good article as it relates to libertarian-anarchism and libertarian-minarchism.

Yet, that still doesn't change the fact that some libertarians cannot be anarchists, as you said they could.
Some libertarians are anarchists, however.

Grow up.

Yes, I said it because it's true, no growing up necessary.

Well, then support it. You said ONE thing, yet you keep posting links to another.

:rofl:

See, that's that sticky wicket of changing the goal posts that you seem to think makes you right.

But, you prefer to argue fallacies rather than debate. Got it.

Since libertarians themselves (you know, the one with that label) came up with the word I think we will let them decide what beliefs fit their philosophy, not someone who isn't a libertarian on a messageboard...

Yet, that still doesn't change the fact that some libertarians cannot be anarchists, as you said they could.

Grow up.

Well, then support it. You said ONE thing, yet you keep posting links to another.

See, that's that sticky wicket of changing the goal posts that you seem to think makes you right.

What? :eusa_eh:

What in the world have I posted that says something different from my original point? That point being that some libertarians are anarchists.

What in the world have I posted that says something different from my original point? That point being that some libertarians are anarchists.
You don't even know what your own links say, obviously.

You are arguing a logical fallacy. And my repeating myself about the obvious is boring me.

I picture a world where the stench of burning flesh is a delicacy. Where children labor, pushing wheel-barrows up steep hills to deliver the deep-fried organs of disabled corpses. I fantasize of a world where an exit out of the front door could end with a sizzling bullet striking straight inward, through the bridge of my nose, slightly grazing the bottom corner of my bare eyeballs.

I can envision a great world, where fire and misery reign through the Chapels, burning the wicked tyrants who preach in the name of goodness. My mind occupies a territory where goods and services are paid for with blood, puss and mucus. The noble drink from skull cups, and only the elite savor the tastes of the finest bits of plague.

How much for a Cadillac Margarita and a Cheeseburger with Fries?

You are arguing a logical fallacy. And my repeating myself about the obvious is boring me.

From the looks of things you have zero knowledge of libertarian history or philosophy. It'd be best for you and for everyone else if you wouldn't even "debate" this.

Ask some actual libertarians if some forms of anarchism are libertarian. You will find out the truth. What you think is reality in your head is not...

My link points out that there are indeed minarchist and anarchist libertarians, and I've already explained how some libertarians took the nonaggression axiom to an anarchist conclusion. Your response has consistently been "Nuh uh," or "grow up" as if I don't know my own political philosophy. Get serious.

From the looks of things you have zero knowledge of libertarian history or philosophy. It'd be best for you and for everyone else if you wouldn't even "debate" this.

Ask some actual libertarians if some forms of anarchism are libertarian. You will find out the truth. What you think is reality in your head is not...

She's debating the point with a libertarian right now.

My link points out that there are indeed minarchist and anarchist libertarians, and I've already explained how some libertarians took the nonaggression axiom to an anarchist conclusion. Your response has consistently been "Nuh uh," or "grow up" as if I don't know my own political philosophy. Get serious.

She'd also go up to Karl Marx and tell him what Marxism is and what it is not.

Holy Mary. Your link is an opinion piece that a libertarian, who is an anrcho-capitalist (belives in no government interference in the free market), is an anarchist.

Yup, that's proof that some libertarians are anarchists.

:rolleyes:

Holy Mary. Your link is an opinion piece that a libertarian, who is an anrcho-capitalist (belives in no government interference in the free market), is an anarchist.

How many books and articles about libertarian philosophy have you read?

Umm, an anarcho-capitalist believes in no government at all, not just in the free market.

Yes, the fact that Murray Rothbard, who was a libertarian, was an anarcho-capitalist does kind of make the point that a person can be both a libertarian and an anarchist.

Umm, an anarcho-capitalist believes in no government at all, not just in the free market.

Yes, the fact that Murray Rothbard, who was a libertarian, was an anarcho-capitalist does kind of make the point that a person can be both a libertarian and an anarchist.

You mean one of the first libertarians, anarcho-capitalists, and one of the founders of the Libertarian Party defined what and what is not libertarianism? The guy who wrote numerous books, articles, and made many speeches about libertarianism?

Dang. I think I'm gonna go with Si Modo on this one, not Murray Newton Rothbard.:clap2:

You mean one of the first libertarians, anarcho-capitalists, and one of the founders of the Libertarian Party defined what and what is not libertarianism? The guy who wrote numerous books, articles, and made many speeches about libertarianism?

Dang. I think I'm gonna go with Si Modo on this one, not Murray Newton Rothbard.:clap2:

Well she can certainly think whatever she wants, it just seems a little ridiculous.

Really? An anarcho-capitalist is the same as an anarchist?

Interesting. A moronic claim, but interesting.

:eusa_eh:

This is a joke right? I mean the word ANARCHO should be somewhat of a hint that they're anarchists.

:eusa_pray: Please let people like this do more research before jumping to conclusions.

:eusa_pray: Please enlighten those with no knowledge of political philsophy who claim to.

:eusa_pray: Please encourage those who don't know to keep their mouths shut for the good of humanity.

This is a joke right? I mean the word ANARCHO should be somewhat of a hint that they're anarchists.

No joke.

If anarcho-capitalism is anarchy,it makes perfect sense to have two names for the same thing. to you. :rolleyes:

No joke.

If anarcho-capitalism is anarchy,it makes perfect sense to have two names for the same thing. to you. :rolleyes:

It's called anarcho-capitalism to differentiate it from other forms of anarchism, such as anarcho-communism.

Anarchist schools of thought - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back