If Government is Inept, why not get rid of it?

"Government is Broken"--"Government is inept"--"Government is the problem"

"YADA YADA YADA"

These are the statements uttered by rightwingers every election year. But if the problem is government, then why not get rid of it? I can think of numerous reasons why government sucks(reason #1--I am not the Dictator!) but I wonder why a rightwinger does not.

For all the Rightwingers, Libertarians, Conservatives and even rightwing Fascists--Why do you wish to keep or destroy government.

I will be glad to spell out specifically what reductions in government I would advocate if you can answer a simple question, when, in your view, is government to big? Is there a point where you are willing to take a stand and say this much, not one inch further?

"YADA YADA YADA"

These are the statements uttered by rightwingers every election year. But if the problem is government, then why not get rid of it? I can think of numerous reasons why government sucks(reason #1--I am not the Dictator!) but I wonder why a rightwinger does not.

For all the Rightwingers, Libertarians, Conservatives and even rightwing Fascists--Why do you wish to keep or destroy government.

I will be glad to spell out specifically what reductions in government I would advocate if you can answer a simple question, when, in your view, is government to big? Is there a point where you are willing to take a stand and say this much, not one inch further?

When our government spends more than they can pay for with our taxes?

"YADA YADA YADA"

Because the US still has the best form of Government in the world.

Then why do you support those who seek to destroy it?

I have no problem getting rid of any government in our nation not supported by the United States Constitution.

That would be incorrect. Murray Rothbard was a libertarian and anarcho-capitalist.
Oh, I guess some is equal to none, in the mind of a lib.

Good to know.

My guess is you know less about libertarianism or anarchism than you think you do.
You'd guess wrong, but that's to be expected.

Now, who were you saying is a libertarian who is also an anarchist? You know, your original claim. Don't go moving goal posts, again.

This should be interesting.

Dude ..............Libertarians are for constraining gubmint to its proper and enumerated roles said:
So then tell me why Libertarians divide themselves into mini anarchists and macro anarchists. The key word being anarchists

Oh, I guess some is equal to none, in the mind of a lib.

Good to know.

My guess is you know less about libertarianism or anarchism than you think you do.

Now, who were you saying is a libertarian who is also an anarchist? You know, your original claim. Don't go moving goal posts, again.

I'd still say my guess is fairly accurate, since you think libertarianism and anarchism are polar opposites.

That would be Murray N. Rothbard, who took the non-aggression axiom at the heart of libertarianism and applied it to the government as a whole. Since everything the government does constitutes aggression, his conclusion was that government is in and of itself immoral. Murray Rothbard who is considered Mr. Libertarian, and one of the greatest libertarian minds of all time, was also the "founder" of capitalist anarchism.

I'd still say my guess is fairly accurate, since you think libertarianism and anarchism are polar opposites.

Really? Is that what I said?

Better review.

Come back when you understand what I said, not what you imagine I said.

Forum List

Back