If Government is Inept, why not get rid of it?

amrchaos

Pentheus torn apart
Nov 1, 2008
Miami
"Government is Broken"--"Government is inept"--"Government is the problem"

"YADA YADA YADA"

These are the statements uttered by rightwingers every election year. But if the problem is government, then why not get rid of it? I can think of numerous reasons why government sucks(reason #1--I am not the Dictator!) but I wonder why a rightwinger does not.

For all the Rightwingers, Libertarians, Conservatives and even rightwing Fascists--Why do you wish to keep or destroy government.

Why not have the will to reign it back in??.... to keep it strong in power over the areas where power is indeed granted by our constitution, but keeping the reach and scope of government in check

Nobody is advocating getting rid of the government, nor do I know of anyone who thinks it is a good idea

You say "Reign it back in" to what?

I hear talk of smaller government, but what exact is the size of smaller government?

Is your size of government smaller or larger than your buddy size? and What if programs that you prefer (I am guessing military) is cut while a program that you think is excessive grows, but the over arching size of government is made smaller, would that satisfy you?

"YADA YADA YADA"

These are the statements uttered by rightwingers every election year. But if the problem is government, then why not get rid of it? I can think of numerous reasons why government sucks(reason #1--I am not the Dictator!) but I wonder why a rightwinger does not.

For all the Rightwingers, Libertarians, Conservatives and even rightwing Fascists--Why do you wish to keep or destroy government.

Because the US still has the best form of Government in the world.

Destroy Government? No. I'm not an Anarchist..

It's called small Limited Government, getting rid of the Useless Social Programs that do more harm than good, and are just another add to the Debt and a Weight to the Tax Payer.

Cutting Taxes to the Small Businesses. That's self Explanatory. They need all the money they can get to keep their Company Growing.

Government is Broken, how? Because every party right now, cares about their Agenda only, some don't want to participate in Partisanship. If you want an Efficient Government you have to Toss aside your Personal Agenda, and focus on the Country's Agenda.

It's also called Reading the Constitution..

"YADA YADA YADA"

That is the logical fallacy of argument to the extreme. So by wanting to change X in thing Y, what you really want is to destroy Y totally.

This tactic is seen in the abortion debate, where any change to the law relating to abortion is seen as wanting to ban it (or on the other side free abortions for all, for whatever reason)

"YADA YADA YADA"

Strawman much?

Libertarians are for constraining gubmint to its proper and enumerated roles, not eliminating it altogether....Probably best to keep it around in the few areas where it is empowered to act, just to demonstrate how inept and ineffective it really is.

I hear talk of smaller government, but what exact is the size of smaller government?

Is your size of government smaller or larger than your buddy size? and What if programs that you prefer (I am guessing military) is cut while a program that you think is excessive grows, but the over arching size of government is made smaller, would that satisfy you?

If less spending is needed for defense, that is something the government itself needs to address, because that actually IS something the government is charged to provide... The constitution is there to guide on what the federal government is indeed empowered to do...

Just take a look of agencies and departments we have in our government (just beginning with the letters A or B) that really do not have any reason to be in our federal government

Administration for Children and Families (ACF)
Administration for Native Americans
Administration on Aging (AoA)
Administration on Developmental Disabilities
Advisory Council on Historic Preservation
African Development Foundation
Agency for International Development
Agricultural Marketing Service
Agricultural Research Service
Alabama Home Page
Alabama State, County, and City Websites
Alaska Home Page
Alaska State, County, and City Websites
American Samoa Home Page
AMTRAK (National Railroad Passenger Corporation)
Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service
Appalachian Regional Commission
Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board (Access Board)
Arctic Research Commission
Arizona Home Page
Arizona State, County, and City Websites
Arkansas Home Page
Arkansas State, County, and City Websites
Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Interagency Coordinating Committee
Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship and Excellence in Education Foundation
Bonneville Power Administration
Bonneville Power Administration home page
Botanic Garden
Broadcasting Board of Governors (Voice of America, Radio|TV Marti and more)
Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA)
Bureau of International Labor Affairs
Bureau of Land Management (BLM)

Our federal government was not intended to be some all encompassing puppet master with strings going into every last aspect of the lives of the citizenry... it was not intended to be a nanny or charity... it was intended to be smaller in scope but great in power... the government was not given total power and then specifically told what it can't do... the government was limited to what it was charged to do in the first place, with an amendment process to deal with any additions subtractions or modifications needed in the listed powers

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Yeah, its ridiculous. Nothing human's do is perfect, but we have one of the best forms of gov't in the world, and are one of the most prosperous countries in the world. IMO, we are the best in the world. The delusional people will claim that has nothing to do with government, but that's just complete hogwash. Our justice system, our infrastructure, our education, research funding, etc all help this country prosper. Regulations help protect americans from deceitful and harmful practices by businesses, and protect their rights.

yeah there is many fucked up policies, and things slip through the cracks, and their is corruption, but that's humans, nowhere in the world will get you get none of those things.

They just sound stupid when they make claims that everything government is bad and inept.

Meanwhile they probably are completely inept in many facets of life themselves

and as soon as something they benefit is cut, they bitch and moan. Or there will be someone out there that will not be happy about certain things being cut. Free speech is great but at the same time people abuse it and do nothing but bitch bitch bitch about everything, all while doing nothing about it

If less spending is needed for defense, that is something the government itself needs to address, because that actually IS something the government is charged to provide... The constitution is there to guide on what the federal government is indeed empowered to do...

Just take a look of agencies and departments we have in our government (just beginning with the letters A or B) that really do not have any reason to be in our federal government

Alabama Home Page
Alaska Home Page
American Samoa Home Page
Arizona Home Page
Arkansas Home Page
Botanic Garden

Our federal government was not intended to be some all encompassing puppet master with strings going into every last aspect of the lives of the citizenry... it was not intended to be a nanny or charity... it was intended to be smaller in scope but great in power... the government was not given total power and then specifically told what it can't do... the government was limited to what it was charged to do in the first place, with an amendment process to deal with any additions subtractions or modifications needed in the listed powers

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

So, where does paying to rebuild parts of TN due to floods and paying to clean up an oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico get explained in the Constitution?

If Government is Inept, why not get rid of it?

I love it when people take things to the extreme! Bravo!!!!

It's like a quote I keep seeing: "If these politicians hate government so much, why are they politicians?"

Evidently, wanting to reduce the size of government means that you hate the government.

I picture a world where the stench of burning flesh is a delicacy. Where children labor, pushing wheel-barrows up steep hills to deliver the deep-fried organs of disabled corpses. I fantasize of a world where an exit out of the front door could end with a sizzling bullet striking straight inward, through the bridge of my nose, slightly grazing the bottom corner of my bare eyeballs.

I can envision a great world, where fire and misery reign through the Chapels, burning the wicked tyrants who preach in the name of goodness. My mind occupies a territory where goods and services are paid for with blood, puss and mucus. The noble drink from skull cups, and only the elite savor the tastes of the finest bits of plague.

I picture a world where the stench of burning flesh is a delicacy. Where children labor, pushing wheel-barrows up steep hills to deliver the deep-fried organs of disabled corpses. I fantasize of a world where an exit out of the front door could end with a sizzling bullet striking straight inward, through the bridge of my nose, slightly grazing the bottom corner of my bare eyeballs.

I can envision a great world, where fire and misery reign through the Chapels, burning the wicked tyrants who preach in the name of goodness. My mind occupies a territory where goods and services are paid for with blood, puss and mucus. The noble drink from skull cups, and only the elite savor the tastes of the finest bits of plague.

"I'll take 80's movies for $500, Alex"

What I see here is a lot of people not attempting to understand the original poster. Listen to what he's saying...if only to understand what your opponent hears when you say what you say. Make sense? If you're communicating X and he's hearing Y, you can either write that off or bridge the gap...if you care to.

I don't think that the OP is far off the mark in his understanding of a lot of the cross-talk on this board. In fact, it's not a strawman at all. It's what a lot of people sound like when you take into account THE SEVERITY and the BREADTH of the laundry list that some conservatives say is wrong with the government.

Now that he's calling y'all on it...you back up a bit. Kind of interesting really.

What is Nightmare on Elm Street.

aha, no, I was just fantasizing aloud how I wish the world were, and how it might turn with no Governments.

What I see here is a lot of people not attempting to understand the original poster. Listen to what he's saying...if only to understand what your opponent hears when you say what you say. Make sense? If you're communicating X and he's hearing Y, you can either write that off or bridge the gap...if you care to.

I don't think that the OP is far off the mark in his understanding of a lot of the cross-talk on this board. In fact, it's not a strawman at all. It's what a lot of people sound like when you take into account THE SEVERITY and the BREADTH of the laundry list that some conservatives say is wrong with the government.

Now that he's calling y'all on it...you back up a bit. Kind of interesting really.
PFFFFT!

That is all.

What is Nightmare on Elm Street.

aha, no, I was just fantasizing aloud how I wish the world were, and how it might turn with no Governments.

Damn. And here I thought you were describing "The Road Warrior"...

:clap2: Strong point.

Alabama Home Page
Alaska Home Page
American Samoa Home Page
Arizona Home Page
Arkansas Home Page
Botanic Garden

So, where does paying to rebuild parts of TN due to floods and paying to clean up an oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico get explained in the Constitution?

It doesn't... hence also where I do not believe that the federal government should have been repaying to rebuild private houses, private buildings etc.... hence why the government should not be paying for oil cleanup in the gulf, though it should handle the court case/proceedings with any charges or civil litigation against those responsible... look, the thought of helping people or cleaning things up so cute dolphins don't get hurt puts a smile on a lot of people faces. And if it makes you feel good, you have your own money and time to donate to whatever cause you want. But we are supposedly free people in a society based on freedoms and liberties, and with those freedoms and liberties comes risks. Big mommy government is not supposed to be here to try and eliminate every risk while it continuously grows and consumes like The Blob

And if you want those responsibilities put into the constitution, that's why we have the amendment process in place... go for it and try and get that added to the constitution

New Topics

Forum List

Back