If God was so powerful,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinktink

May 25, 2009
That he/she created the earth in 6 days, why wouldn't he/she be powerful enough to stop destruction and hate? If God created all that is life, why in the world was he/she be helpless to stop Eve from biting the apple, and killing paradise?

I don't get it.

Who says it was an apple? Where do you get "killing paradise" from Eden?

What makes you think God couldnt stop Eve from eating the fruit? I could eat junk food, that doesnt mean Im going to.

dont you see? Freedom and knowledge is more important than comfort

Bingo.

God has a plan, and we can't see the plan because we aren't God.

It makes much more sense, from a historical perspective, that we are on our own and we had better learn to get along, because no god-parent is going to intervene in the greedy, selfish, playground cruelty we call 'humanity'.

-Joe

That he/she created the earth in 6 days, why wouldn't he/she be powerful enough to stop destruction and hate? If God created all that is life, why in the world was he/she be helpless to stop Eve from biting the apple, and killing paradise?

I don't get it.

Man was endowed with "free will". To the contrary of the message that atheism professes and propagates, Evil exists, therefore God cannot. The inverse is true, If evil actually exists in the world, and some things are indeed EVIL and not the way they should be.......then by Logic there must be a standard existing outside the realm of all that is natural to calibrate or measure the nature of evil....because EVIL does not exist in nature, it is only the human animal that is capable of evil actions. Thus, the question must be asked, where does man gain the knowledge to calibrate what is good or what is evil...if evil does not exist in nature? Can a snake be evil for acting the way it was designed or created? Is that snake considered evil for biting and injecting poison into the blood stream of a human that just happened to be danger close to that animal? Does not any action of evil have to come from "premeditation"? After all it is only man that has been endowed with the ability to reason His/Her own existence and mortality.

If anyone really believes in the message of secular humanism or 'naturalism' that declares that all life was created naturally from DEAD matter by random happenstance, (Even though there has never been a single OBSERVED or repeatable experiment that has shown that nature has that capability) there can be no standard of calibration....evil cannot be defined, as it is merely SUBJECTIVE to any natural need or impulse...even rape or murder can be justified if rationalized in the proper manner.

Last edited:
This the "if God exists, why is there so much suffering in the world?" argument.

I'd look at it another way - If there is no God, why is there so much love and understanding in the world?

I would enjoy seeing an atheist define EVIL, and present the empirical evidence as to where the required information might have came from to standardize and calibrate just what establishes an act as being absolutely evil.

Bingo.

If it were god's plan that they eat the fruit, combined with the bible saying that nothing happens that is not god's will... then we are not liable for playing a role god had us play- sin becomes meaningless, and so does the entire premise of your religion

predetermination cannot exist with free will, sin, or salvation

God is a myth. A nice myth with good moral tales, but a myth nonetheless....He/She was invented to explain the unexplainable. All cultures have had some sort of God or other.

This the "if God exists, why is there so much suffering in the world?" argument.

I'd look at it another way - If there is no God, why is there so much love and understanding in the world?

I would enjoy seeing an atheist define EVIL, and present the empirical evidence as to where the required information might have came from to standardize and calibrate just what establishes an act as being absolutely evil.

a) Dumb question. b) a god believer wants empirical evidence, LOL. Got any other jokes?

Bingo.

That's what I thought, you have no clue, LOL.

PS Avatar, you weenie. Gunny has forbade me from laughing at you and your dumb religion with aliens from a planet that doesn't exist, so just know we're all still laughing at you. :D
You're what's known as too stoopid to live.

Being is great, because by being you are you, nothingness is not great, where we are going. So thank God for being.

I don't get it.

Free will is the simple answer

Nobody gets that either, though, so don't feel too bad about not getting it.

Unless you want to want to feel bad about not getting it, of course.

That Free will is a real bitch, isn't it?

Actually, an atheists would take the definition as it applies to actions in the physical world and not the metaphysical one. For instance, an atheists living in a Christian society would call woman beating or child molestation a form of evil. But would not believe that the individuals are "demon possessed" like a Good Christian would.

In other words, Atheist use of the word "evil" and "immoral" is in reference to actions that are against the individual(in reference to his/her standing among his peers), society, or the world.

Atheists do not believe in the metaphysical definition, nor metaphysical sources, of evil.

If there is no God, why is there so much love and understanding in the world?---Sometimes, we humans do not know better!!

If God exists, why is there so much suffering in the world? Sometimes, we humans do know better!!

No, I did not mix up the answers.

I don't get it.

It is called Free Will. He gave Satan and man a chance to prove they could go it alone. If he interfered in that process there would be no point to having made the deal nor in having given us free will.

Actually, an atheists would take the definition as it applies to actions in the physical world and not the metaphysical one. For instance, an atheists living in a Christian society would call woman beating or child molestation a form of evil. But would not believe that the individuals are "demon possessed" like a Good Christian would.

In other words, Atheist use of the word "evil" and "immoral" is in reference to actions that are against the individual(in reference to his/her standing among his peers), society, or the world.

Atheists do not believe in the metaphysical definition, nor metaphysical sources, of evil.
Many Christians do not believe in demons either. Some even claim there is no hell when they do not know or understand what hell is.

This is what i don't understand...I'm a Christian, and i believe in God. If I believe God exists, then i have to also believe Satan exists. How can a Christian not also believe in someone Evil?
Yes, we have free will to make our own decisions. Eve had this free will. They knew God personally, and they still made the decision to do what they wanted, because Satan was also there (the snake), and he told them it would be ok! That's the biggest problem, we will never have peace and happiness on earth as long as Satan and his crew are here. Once God has had enough and he pulls the Holy Spirit away, Satan will rule everything. Thinks it's bad now??? Just wait! I hope i'm not here then...

god told adam that if he eats the hetero apple and bangs eve, he's booted from eden. pretty gay, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back