If God was so powerful,

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has to be an opposite for agency to exist.

Not so. What is the opposite of sweet. The opposite of a dog? the opposite of electromagnetism? False dichotomies and further fallacies will not be accepted

1. Bitter 2. Cats 3. Electromagnetism itself is a set of opposite attarctions: Positive and negative electrons.

If God said no matter what you choose to do youll be happy, you'd have no free will. Because it's the consequences that create free will, not the initial choices.

So, you contend that it is the coercion that makes the choice meaningful? if I put a gun to your head, does that make your choice to suck my dick meaningful or is the 'choice' negated by the fact that you really had no choice and did so under duress? Come over and let's try...

No, I am saying there is no coercion.

And I wouldnt suck your dick if you did have a gun to my head. Even if I was into that type of thing, I dont have the time or patience to find it. Go ahead and shoot me.

As I have just illustrated, there very much is a choice. The only thing you've really illustrated is you would make a different choice than I would in a similiar situation.

1. Bitter

bitter is not the opposite of sweet, nor are sugars the literal or chemical opposite of acids. I told you false dichotomies will not be accepted

wrong again. The correct answer would be anti-dog.

3. Electromagnetism itself is a set of opposite attarctions: Positive and negative electrons.
those are masses with electrical charges. The force we know as magnetism- what is it's opposite?

If God said no matter what you choose to do youll be happy, you'd have no free will. Because it's the consequences that create free will, not the initial choices.

No, I am saying there is no coercion.

So there is no punishment for those who do not accept jesus? Better go back and tell him that, because that's not what he said ;)

And I wouldnt suck your dick if you did have a gun to my head.
You talk big now :eusa_whistle:

As I have just illustrated, there very much is a choice.
So rape victims make a choice to give it up the moment they give way to tears and cease to fight, slaves chose to be slaves, and the jews chose to walk into Auschwitz upon stepping of the trains they chose to get into after choosing to go with the nice SS Men- you really expect to be taken seriously? :lol:

Bingo.

God has a plan, and we can't see the plan because we aren't God.

That's what I thought, you have no clue, LOL.

PS Avatar, you weenie. Gunny has forbade me from laughing at you and your dumb religion with aliens from a planet that doesn't exist, so just know we're all still laughing at you. :D
You're what's known as too stoopid to live.

Guess you missed reading the rules about divulging the contents of PMs? You can explain it to me in 3. Via PM.

Sorry - Islam does NOT share the same God as christians and jews. They follow "allah" which is not our God. They believe also that Jesus was just a good profit, not the son of God. God promotes love and all you need is faith in Him to be saved. allah tells his believers to murder & lie. Not the same at all!

I do hope you are making a generalization about the teachings of Allah, I can't believe that the entire Koran is dedicated to death and deceit. Sorry, I didn't mean that the three religions had the same god I meant they were similar.

I really don't understand peoples overwhelming love for religion, it is so simple to see that all religion is man made. Examples: No religion has ever made any mention of dinosaurs, Christianity says the earth is only 5000 years old, and at one point in time there was no such thing as Christianity. In this day in age there are 6 major religions (and countless other smaller ones), how is this even possible? According to Christian creed one must accept Jesus as their lord and savior in order to have a chance to go to heaven, does that mean that every follower of Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism are all going to go to hell? What about the indigenous peoples across the world, most have never been introduced to the teachings of Jesus. There are about 7 billion people on the earth, of that about 2 billion people that claim they are Christians, so that means that about 5 billion people plus all of the Christians that don't make the cut are going to hell when they die.

People are blinded by religion, they will preach it, follow it and kill for it. We need to live our life to the fullest and not pray for a better life after we die, because the truth is that when we die we are gone, just like trees, just like animals. We take resources from the earth when we are born and return them to the earth when we die. We don't need to live in fear of God to live without harming others.

We are all already in hell. It's called the earth. Nobody on this planet made the cut. We're all losers in god's eyes.

1. Bitter

bitter is not the opposite of sweet, nor are sugars the literal or chemical opposite of acids. I told you false dichotomies will not be accepted

wrong again. The correct answer would be anti-dog.

those are masses with electrical charges. The force we know as magnetism- what is it's opposite?

So there is no punishment for those who do not accept jesus? Better go back and tell him that, because that's not what he said ;)

You talk big now :eusa_whistle:

As I have just illustrated, there very much is a choice.
So rape victims make a choice to give it up the moment they give way to tears and cease to fight, slaves chose to be slaves, and the jews chose to walk into Auschwitz upon stepping of the trains they chose to get into after choosing to go with the nice SS Men- you really expect to be taken seriously? :lol:

You are comparing crimes, acts of violence against people, to a personal choice where being physically overwhelmed plays no part.

It's an idiotic parallel.

You are comparing crimes, acts of violence against people, to a personal choice where being physically overwhelmed plays no part.

It's an idiotic parallel.
How so? When the girl stops resisting because she doesn't want to get hit anymore or be killed, she is making the choice to surrender to his desires. If she has a serial killer put a gun to her head and she complies (gives him the money, gets on her knees, whatever), she is still making a choice. You said that force, fear, and coercion made that choice meaningful and that to simply avoid suffering is somehow demonstrating a desire to make the choice that results in avoiding suffering (as opposed to simply wishing to avoid eternal suffering). Now you want top backpedal and clean it up?

I, on the other hand, said that force and coercion robbed one of a ereal choice- that people do not 'choose god', they choose to not go to Sheole- just as a rape victim does not chose sex nor a robbery victim to hand over his or her money, but rather they 'choose' to avoid further assault and/or death.

The logical implications of your positions: Any woman who at any time stops resisting ios consenting. Robbery victims are not victims, as they choose to hand over their cash or property. All so you can try to justify your mythology

Logical implications of what I have said: your religion falls apart; rape victims in no way consent; robbery victims do to want to give up their property, and their ''choice' in rendered meaningless and null and void by the coercion and danger to their own well-being

That he/she created the earth in 6 days, why wouldn't he/she be powerful enough to stop destruction and hate? If God created all that is life, why in the world was he/she be helpless to stop Eve from biting the apple, and killing paradise?

I don't get it.

Let me answer this in a logical manner:

If God created ever thing, then God created hatred, destruction and all the terrible things in this world. The rerason why is because God wanted these things to exist. Now why GOD wanted these things to exist is something I can not explain, but he wanted them to exist.

Think, If GOD did not want them to exist, then how did they come into being? Do you see a Quack-a-Dile(part duck, part crocodile)? The reason a Quack-a-dile does not exist because GOD does not want it to exists. Yet, He does want Ebola to exist because God sees good in the Ebola virus.

Do you not understand? Ebola Virus==GOOD--god created it. Quack-a-dile==Bad, GOD refuse to create it.

Hi Tink:

That he/she created the earth in 6 days, why wouldn't he/she be powerful enough to stop destruction and hate?

God created the Heaven and Earth in the twinkling of an eye (Gen. 1:1 = pic = in red and blue), as the perfect ages persisted for a VERY long time. "The Big Bang Theory Of Creation Is A MYTH" (my thread). When ages and ages had passed (Ecc. 1:9-11), then the 'Earth' was formless and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep (Gen. 1:2). Only then did God begin the process of 'reconstituting' the Earth (heavens and earth from 2Peter 3:5) into the 'triune' creation of Genesis 1 we see today (like this). God is powerful enough to destroy this entire creation in the blink of an eye, but 'desolations are determined' (Dan. 9:26) and that is just the way the ole cookie crumbles . . .

If God created all that is life, why in the world was he/she be helpless to stop Eve from biting the apple, and killing paradise?

I don't get it.

Adam and Eve were subjected to futility in the very same way this creation was subjected to the same futility 'in hope' . . .

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. For the anxious longing of the creation (the "Earth" = heavens, heaven and earth = in blue) waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation (The "Earth") was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation (the "Earth") itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation (Heaven and Earth of Gen. 1:1) groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now." Romans 8:18-22.
The 'Creation' suffers the pains of childbirth, just like Eve; the mother of 'all living' (Gen. 3:20), because the "Earth" is a 'water witness/servant' host serving God 'and' His Son (Heaven) like Eve ("helper") serves Adam (spirit witness) and her seed (blood witness). This physical creation (the earth) is the water witness/helper serving the 'heavens' (spirit witness like God = Chart and Chart) and 'heaven' (blood witness like the Word/Son/Heaven) like the Holy Spirit is the "Helper" of the Father and the Son (F+S+HS = The Word/Son/Heaven). The differences between God 'and' My Father who is IN HEAVEN is explained here. The short of a very long story is that God ordained that Eve would eat from the tree of knowledge and know good 'and' evil (your seed) LONG before the 'Earth' (Gen. 1:1) was ever called into being. "You are gods" (Ps. 82:6, Jn 10:34 = far left) from God's Infinite Realm (very top = 'stones of fire'), which means things are NOT nearly what they appear to be in this broken universe . . .

Paradise is very much alive and the 'few' (Matt. 7:13-14) are upon the path to life, but the 'many' are on the wide road to somewhere else (lake of fire and outer darkness (pic) . . .

GL,

Terral

Last edited:
That he/she created the earth in 6 days, why wouldn't he/she be powerful enough to stop destruction and hate? If God created all that is life, why in the world was he/she be helpless to stop Eve from biting the apple, and killing paradise?

I don't get it.

Partaking of the apple did not kill paradise, merely got humanity expelled from it. Eden was then hidden from humanity with an angel armed with a flaming sword so that no one might enter without permission.

God was also far from helpless but remember that God created humanity as a free willed companion in His image. This was a gift, but it was humanity that disobeyed God. You may not find it fare but that one act against God is what gives you knowledge enough to ask this question. I think that, to a degree, it was a good trade off. We may not be immortal but we are larger in number and we reason, see more openly than simply through the eyes of innocence.

Now as for God not destroying hate and what not. When you were a child everything was simple. You just loved everyone you were supposed to but did you really understand how special that love was? Without seeing children starving you don't feel the compassion to reach out as often. A pair of eyes on a half beaten puppy will melt the heart of even the most corrupt of business men. Without the bad the good looses some of its meaning, it doesn't end up being as important. You need bad things in the world to remember that life is precious and that you should reach out a kind and understanding hand whenever you can.

God was also far from helpless but remember that God created humanity as a free willed companion in His image. ]/qupte]

So god is naive and easily manipulated- and would disobey any god who was greater still (since Man, in His image, was disobedient of authority {disobeyed God's commandment} prior to the introduction of sin)- yet he punished those who refuse to grovel at his feet and rules through fear?

You people make you god sound better and better as this thread goes...

This was a gift, but it was humanity that disobeyed God. You may not find it fare but that one act against God is what gives you knowledge enough to ask this question.

Really? I thought it wan intelligence and curiosity :rolleyes:

Now as for God not destroying hate and what not. When you were a child everything was simple. You just loved everyone you were supposed to

What the fuck planet do you live on? There is nothing more needy, cruel, inhumane, or self-motivated than a child that has not been 'brainwashed' and taught modern ethics 9usually enforced via reward-punishment system of some sort)

but did you really understand how special that love was? Without seeing children starving you don't feel the compassion to reach out as often.

If children were not starving, we would not need to feed them in the first place. Your circular reasoning merely shows your god to be incompetent, cruel, or both

A pair of eyes on a half beaten puppy will melt the heart of even the most corrupt of business men.

... seriously, though- what planet are you on?
You need bad things in the world to remember that life is precious and that you should reach out a kind and understanding hand whenever you can.

so a 'perfect' world needs suffering.. then God did not create a 'perfect' world if Eden was as described. :eusa_eh: Please get your story straight

I don't get it.

It's God's purpose from the beginning. God created Adam and Eva and they received free will - the God's gift for the mankind, but both rejected his rulership and disobay him. As punishment they becam dead.If God interfere to Eva the gift of free will was damaged.

What makes you think God couldnt stop Eve from eating the fruit? I could eat junk food, that doesnt mean Im going to.

dont you see? Freedom and knowledge is more important than comfort

knowledge is more important than comfort

Thats really it with you crazy christian fucks isn't it.

Your so-called knowledge is more important than everyone elses comfort.

What makes you think God couldnt stop Eve from eating the fruit? I could eat junk food, that doesnt mean Im going to.

Yeah you seem soooo happy with life.

So there is no free will?

So if I beat the crap out of someone, I cant be blamed. its not my fault.

No, not really talking about that aspect of it. What's the point of giving us "free will", if we exercise that right and basically say "I don't believe who you are, please prove it", and God says "get lost", then where is the free will? It;s a fait acompli, because if I say I don't believe in a God, then I'm damned in hell forever if he exists. In other words, a God is saying "believe in me or else", which I take as a threat or at least coercion. Not free will at all....

You hang on this "damned forever because I do not believe in GOD" concept a little too strongly.

The more logical answer, using Christian ideology, is that God can create loyal obediant servants AT WILL, but to win their love through blind devotion and scant clues of his existant is FAR FAR more desirable.

Think about it--loyal dog for girlfriend becomes boring rather quickly.

But hot Harlot skank that will not give you the time of day keeps you wondering.

Yeah you seem soooo happy with life.

I am. My prototype pneumatic asphalt shingle removal invention should be somewhat operational tonight. This thing should make me 10 million plus over the next two years.

Oh thats right you people gauge your happiness by response to what you present on the internet...sorry...my bad.

I'll take cash thankyou.

So there is no free will?

So if I beat the crap out of someone, I cant be blamed. its not my fault.

No, not really talking about that aspect of it. What's the point of giving us "free will", if we exercise that right and basically say "I don't believe who you are, please prove it", and God says "get lost", then where is the free will? It;s a fait acompli, because if I say I don't believe in a God, then I'm damned in hell forever if he exists. In other words, a God is saying "believe in me or else", which I take as a threat or at least coercion. Not free will at all....

You hang on this "damned forever because I do not believe in GOD" concept a little too strongly.

The more logical answer, using Christian ideology, is that God can create loyal obediant servants AT WILL, but to win their love through blind devotion and scant clues of his existant is FAR FAR more desirable.

Think about it--loyal dog for girlfriend becomes boring rather quickly.

But hot Harlot skank that will not give you the time of day keeps you wondering.

Are you saying that God is more interested in us hot, harlot, skanky atheists than our loyal, lap-dog, take-the-masters-word-on-blind-faith, extremist christian and muslim brothers?

-Joe

I am. My prototype pneumatic asphalt shingle removal invention should be somewhat operational tonight. This thing should make me 10 million plus over the next two years.

Oh thats right you people gauge your happiness by response to what you present on the internet...sorry...my bad.

I'll take cash thankyou.

No, its obvious you arent happy by the bitterness you display every time you. You share alot about yourself in what words you use, the attitude you have, and the way you treat others.

And you may get your money. But it wont make you happy. Material things dont make happiness. Nor do immoral acts. Wickedness never was happiness.

It's easy to tell who is happy and who is not if you bother paying attention to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back