If God loves us unconditionally, why does he kill us instead of curing us?

John 1:3
All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made.

My personal guess is that God gave us existence and that we start that existence on Earth. Earth is governed by the laws of physics and the laws of nature, which God himself created. I wouldn't say that God "created" cancer. I'd say that God has allowed that and other ailments to exist as a part of natural law.

The age-old question is "Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people"? My best guess is that we are here to learn the pros and cons of being good and bad. Ultimately, when we are with God, we will understand these things far more clearly.

Not what John 1:3 says. Of course you are free to twist it to fit what you want it to say. That is what is usually done.
So you don’t believe you are twisting it by arguing for that passage to be true the world would have to be perfect?

Are you a parent? Do you love your kids? Do you keep bad things from happening to them? Or do you let them experience existence?
Parents didn't make a bunch of bad things and put them in their children's way like land mines to be stepped on.
Are you totally ignoring all of the good things?
I never would purposely give my children cancer.

Actually God didn't create cancer.

Cancer was a consequence of the fall of man, which was brought into the world by the sinful acts of mankind.
God had to create the world for man to fall to. Now you know.
That’s super deep thinking, Taz.

But isn’t it the nature of intelligence to create intelligence?
What does that have to do with god creating cancer?
One argument at a time, Taz.

You were pondering why God created the world. God created existence. The world is a product of that existence, just as man is a product of that existence.

Why do you create things? I create because it is fun to use my talents. I create things for a reason to serve some purpose. I create things to share my creation with others.

Why would it be any different for God?
So god created cancer to share with the world. Got it.
That would be an argument that Satan would make.

Try looking at a more balanced picture and you will be able to see more clearly.

My personal guess is that God gave us existence and that we start that existence on Earth. Earth is governed by the laws of physics and the laws of nature, which God himself created. I wouldn't say that God "created" cancer. I'd say that God has allowed that and other ailments to exist as a part of natural law.

The age-old question is "Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people"? My best guess is that we are here to learn the pros and cons of being good and bad. Ultimately, when we are with God, we will understand these things far more clearly.

Not what John 1:3 says. Of course you are free to twist it to fit what you want it to say. That is what is usually done.
So you don’t believe you are twisting it by arguing for that passage to be true the world would have to be perfect?

Are you a parent? Do you love your kids? Do you keep bad things from happening to them? Or do you let them experience existence?
Parents didn't make a bunch of bad things and put them in their children's way like land mines to be stepped on.
I doubt God did either.

Do you believe nothing good can ever come from adversity? Is all adversity bad?

God had to create the world for man to fall to. Now you know.

You were pondering why God created the world. God created existence. The world is a product of that existence, just as man is a product of that existence.

Why do you create things? I create because it is fun to use my talents. I create things for a reason to serve some purpose. I create things to share my creation with others.

Try looking at a more balanced picture and you will be able to see more clearly.
So Satan is real? :lol:

I doubt God did either.

Then why did god invent cancer?

Stay focused, Taz.

Do you only see the bad things in this world? Do you believe there are no good things in this world? Do you believe the world is primarily filled with bad things? What does your distribution look like?

I doubt God did either.

We will get to that as soon as you answer whether or not you are seeing the full picture.

Stay focused, Taz.

Do you only see the bad things in this world? Do you believe there are no good things in this world? Do you believe the world is primarily filled with bad things? What does your distribution look like?
God made a ton of bad things to hurt people. Not very nice.

Stay focused, Taz.

So all you can see is the bad?

I doubt God did either.

We will get to that as soon as you answer whether or not you are seeing the full picture.
Need to move the goalposts again and can't answer the question? same old, same old.

Stay focused, Taz.

It's what we're talking about. Must suck to believe in someone who makes so many bad things on purpose. Kind of like liking the mafia.

I doubt God did either.

Need to move the goalposts again and can't answer the question? same old, same old.
I’m not moving the goal posts. I am trying to show you what the full field looks like.

You can’t possibly understand what is happening unless you look at the full picture.

From my perspective it seems like you believe life is a miserable existence. That nothing good comes from it.

The reality is that life is full of goodness and that it vastly outweighs the bad.

You don’t really see it that way.

Stay focused, Taz.

It's what we're talking about. Must suck to believe in someone who makes so many bad things on purpose. Kind of like liking the mafia.
No. Because I don’t see life like you do. I see life as wonderful. We have literally won the cosmic lottery.

I doubt God did either.

I’m not moving the goal posts. I am trying to show you what the full field looks like.

You can’t possibly understand what is happening unless you look at the full picture.

From my perspective it seems like you believe life is a miserable existence. That nothing good comes from it.

The reality is that life is full of goodness and that it vastly outweighs the bad.

But god still made lots of bad things for people to suffer. He must enjoy watching people suffer. amirite or AMIRITE?

Stay focused, Taz.

No. Because I don’t see life like you do. I see life as wonderful. We have literally won the cosmic lottery.
Deformed children would disagree. But as long as YOU'RE happy, it's all good, right?

Stay focused, Taz.

Deformed children would disagree. But as long as YOU'RE happy, it's all good, right?
I don’t know anyone who is happy 100% of the time. But the vast majority of people see life as good. Why can’t you?

Why can’t you see the full picture?

I doubt God did either.

But god still made lots of bad things for people to suffer. He must enjoy watching people suffer. amirite or AMIRITE?
So just to be clear all you can see are bad things and you don’t believe any good will ever come from adversity?

I don’t know anyone who is happy 100% of the time. But the vast majority of people see life as good. Why can’t you?

I'm very happy personally, but can see all the misery god created. You want to whitewash the bad parts.

So just to be clear all you can see are bad things and you don’t believe any good will ever come from adversity?
Being retarded, in pain and deformed isn't adversity, isn't down right disgusting for a god to do.

I'm very happy personally, but can see all the misery god created. You want to whitewash the bad parts.
I’m not whitewashing anything. I am trying to understand if you believe the world is predominantly filled with bad things.

Do you believe your life - which you claim is wonderful - is any better or worse than others? Are you the exception?

Forum List

Back