If God loves us unconditionally, why does he kill us instead of curing us?

I wrote this to refute the false notion that Gnostic Christians do not like matter and reality that the inquisitors propagated to justify their many murders of my religions originators. It shows that Christians should actually hate matter and not Gnostic Christians.

The Christian reality.

1 John 2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.

-----------

The Gnostic Christian reality.

Gnostic Christian Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"If those who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you.

If they say to you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, the Kingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who] become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] become acquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are the sons of the living Father.

But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

As you can see from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, we cannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most just don't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the way I do.

Here is a mind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that can possibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide. "It is demonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as all things have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for the best end.”

That means that we live in the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given all the conditions at hand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement given entropy and the anthropic principle.

You live in one of the poorest condition that I have found.

Regards
DL
You can write whatever bullshit you want to write, but there is plenty of information out there that says otherwise.

Gnostic Christianity
As you noted, “information” does not equate to reality.
Reality is. Evidence is. It’s the interpretation of reality and evidence that is open to subjectivity.
“Reality”, as an interpretation of objective & subjective evidence, is subjective (to one’s mind). However, with more objective evidence & multiple interpretations (multiple minds), one may be able to assess “reality” in a more practical, consistent manner, to increase one’s long-term happiness.
You mean like the Nazis did?
Looks like you have no clue what rational thought is.
If you don’t like or understand, then just call up stupid names ... Is that your MO?

You can write whatever bullshit you want to write, but there is plenty of information out there that says otherwise.

Gnostic Christianity
As you noted, “information” does not equate to reality.
Reality is. Evidence is. It’s the interpretation of reality and evidence that is open to subjectivity.
“Reality”, as an interpretation of objective & subjective evidence, is subjective (to one’s mind). However, with more objective evidence & multiple interpretations (multiple minds), one may be able to assess “reality” in a more practical, consistent manner, to increase one’s long-term happiness.
You mean like the Nazis did?
Looks like you have no clue what rational thought is.
If you don’t like or understand, then just call up stupid names ... Is that your MO?
My point is that numbers don’t determine objectivity. Objectivity is a phenomenon unto itself. Objectivity is the absence of bias not the sum of a popular vote.

But hey, if you want to think that or I am irrational, go right ahead. I’m not swayed by popular opinion anymore than objectivity is.

He doesn't kill. Free Will.
Make your choice
A
Or
B
Now lets ask ourselves what would have "happened" to abraham if he didnt kill his son? Its a stretch to call it free will when your other option is completely awful.

If God loves us unconditionally, why does he kill us instead of curing us?

No human can possibly know God's reasoning. And even if God himself responded to your question, it's quite possible that his answer would be beyond your ability to understand. That's not a knock on you, by the way.

John 1:3
All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made.

My personal guess is that God gave us existence and that we start that existence on Earth. Earth is governed by the laws of physics and the laws of nature, which God himself created. I wouldn't say that God "created" cancer. I'd say that God has allowed that and other ailments to exist as a part of natural law.

The age-old question is "Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people"? My best guess is that we are here to learn the pros and cons of being good and bad. Ultimately, when we are with God, we will understand these things far more clearly.

All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made.

My personal guess is that God gave us existence and that we start that existence on Earth. Earth is governed by the laws of physics and the laws of nature, which God himself created. I wouldn't say that God "created" cancer. I'd say that God has allowed that and other ailments to exist as a part of natural law.

The age-old question is "Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people"? My best guess is that we are here to learn the pros and cons of being good and bad. Ultimately, when we are with God, we will understand these things far more clearly.

Not what John 1:3 says. Of course you are free to twist it to fit what you want it to say. That is what is usually done.

Not what John 1:3 says. Of course you are free to twist it to fit what you want it to say. That is what is usually done.

Pearls. Swine.

So you believe there can be no creator unless everything is perfect?

God invented cancer.

Actually God didn't create cancer.

Cancer was a consequence of the fall of man, which was brought into the world by the sinful acts of mankind.
God had to create the world for man to fall to. Now you know.
That’s super deep thinking, Taz.

But isn’t it the nature of intelligence to create intelligence?
What does that have to do with god creating cancer?

So you don’t believe you are twisting it by arguing for that passage to be true the world would have to be perfect?

Are you a parent? Do you love your kids? Do you keep bad things from happening to them? Or do you let them experience existence?

So you don’t believe you are twisting it by arguing for that passage to be true the world would have to be perfect?

Are you a parent? Do you love your kids? Do you keep bad things from happening to them? Or do you let them experience existence?
Parents didn't make a bunch of bad things and put them in their children's way like land mines to be stepped on.

God invented cancer.

Cancer was a consequence of the fall of man, which was brought into the world by the sinful acts of mankind.

One argument at a time, Taz.

You were pondering why God created the world. God created existence. The world is a product of that existence, just as man is a product of that existence.

Why do you create things? I create because it is fun to use my talents. I create things for a reason to serve some purpose. I create things to share my creation with others.

Why would it be any different for God?

Parents didn't make a bunch of bad things and put them in their children's way like land mines to be stepped on.
Are you totally ignoring all of the good things?

God invented cancer.

One argument at a time, Taz.

You were pondering why God created the world. God created existence. The world is a product of that existence, just as man is a product of that existence.

Why do you create things? I create because it is fun to use my talents. I create things for a reason to serve some purpose. I create things to share my creation with others.

Why would it be any different for God?
So god created cancer to share with the world. Got it.

Forum List

Back