If God loves us unconditionally, why does he kill us instead of curing us?

That sounds like a wonderful reason to miss out on a relationship with the creator of existence.
I don't doubt that Moon has some invisible friends too. :biggrin:
Unfortunately they don't do body massages..
So no happy ending for you.
Sure when I pick up my paycheck.
But them they deduct all the happy meals you've eaten during the week.
Masonry McDonald’s is such a happy place

John 1:3
All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made.

My personal guess is that God gave us existence and that we start that existence on Earth. Earth is governed by the laws of physics and the laws of nature, which God himself created. I wouldn't say that God "created" cancer. I'd say that God has allowed that and other ailments to exist as a part of natural law.

The age-old question is "Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people"? My best guess is that we are here to learn the pros and cons of being good and bad. Ultimately, when we are with God, we will understand these things far more clearly.

Not what John 1:3 says. Of course you are free to twist it to fit what you want it to say. That is what is usually done.
So you believe there can be no creator unless everything is perfect?

I'm saying that if there were a perfect creator, everything would be perfect.

All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made.

My personal guess is that God gave us existence and that we start that existence on Earth. Earth is governed by the laws of physics and the laws of nature, which God himself created. I wouldn't say that God "created" cancer. I'd say that God has allowed that and other ailments to exist as a part of natural law.

The age-old question is "Why does God allow bad things to happen to good people"? My best guess is that we are here to learn the pros and cons of being good and bad. Ultimately, when we are with God, we will understand these things far more clearly.

Not what John 1:3 says. Of course you are free to twist it to fit what you want it to say. That is what is usually done.
So you don’t believe you are twisting it by arguing for that passage to be true the world would have to be perfect?

Are you a parent? Do you love your kids? Do you keep bad things from happening to them? Or do you let them experience existence?

If I were capable of assuring my child would never need to know about disappointments, I would have, as I'm sure any parent would. Of course that is impossible, so I taught her how to deal with the disappointments that were sure to come.

So you don’t believe you are twisting it by arguing for that passage to be true the world would have to be perfect?

Are you a parent? Do you love your kids? Do you keep bad things from happening to them? Or do you let them experience existence?
Parents didn't make a bunch of bad things and put them in their children's way like land mines to be stepped on.
Are you totally ignoring all of the good things?

Are you totally ignoring all the bad things?

Gods ways are shrouded in mystery. He gave us commandments, and through Jesus, taught us love. Who knows what happened when Lucifer fell from heaven. Satan's fall brought all the bad into the world. God has told us what to do in order to gain eternal life. So a great deal of the puzzle pieces are missing. That is where trust and faith come in. In the face of adversity you have to have faith and trust in the lord.

God invented cancer.

Actually God didn't create cancer.

Cancer was a consequence of the fall of man, which was brought into the world by the sinful acts of mankind.

Cancer is simply cells not acting in the way they were designed.

God created and designed cells.

Without cells to mutate we wouldn't have cancer.

The fall of man allowed sin into the world, which has had negative consequences to the perfection of God's creation.

Some of the negative consequences of sin coming into the world are the cell mutations that cause cancer.

God allows sin to occur, because as a loving God he must give men the option of choosing their own selfish will over God's perfect will.

So the creation and the cells in it were made by God and without God there would be no cells to mutate.

It wasn't God's intention for there to be cancer, but the sin of mankind caused negative changes that resulted in negative effects like cancer to arise. God allowed man to sin.

God allows cancer to exist, because to force mankind to do HIS perfect will would not be loving, but to allow sin without consequence wouldn't be just.

I believe in a strict interpretation of the Bible, but even the Bible has context.

Quoting a single verse often leads to erroneous conclusions because the historical context and the additional revelation provided by surrounding verses is missing.

Above all, scripture must be read in a manner which is consistent with the nature of God, as expressed through the person of Jesus Christ.

If this was supposed to be a gotcha moment you're going to have to work a little harder.

Jesus, Yahweh to some, said he came to serve us and not to have us serve him. That is what I describe as unconditional love.

Yahweh, on the other hand, seems to put a condition of us serving him on his love. If we do not love Yahweh, off to hell we go.

I call that a condition to his love, which is negated when he tortures us in hell, then kills us in hell’s second death.

This appears to be a huge contradiction in the Christian ideology.

Is Yahweh’s love unconditional to you, or is our having to love him back and serve him a condition?

Am I bound for hell because I cannot love or serve a genocidal demiurge like Jesus or Yahweh?

Is Jesus showing unconditional love for us when he kills us instead of curing us?

Regards
DL

God is love.

As such, God gave us free will, which allows us to accept his perfect will or reject his perfect will and follow our own selfish will.

God gave us that choice because forced love is rape.

Unfortunately, when God gave Adam & Eve that choice, they used it to sin. Through that sin, they ushered decay, disease and deterioration into the world.

For that reason, God removed the Tree of Life from the garden of Eden, so people would not live forever in an ever diseased and decayed condition.

God moved the Tree of Life to heaven where he resides and sent himself to live a perfect life and then die on the cross as a substitutional sacrifice for our sins and redeem us.

This is free gift to any who are willing to accept it.The reward is going to heaven to live with him.

How could such a loving God force those who have rejected him their entire life to accept his gift of salvation and live with him in heaven?

Hell is not God's torture chamber. It's the only place that lacks God's presence. Since God is love and light, without God's presence Hell is a pretty unpleasant place.

God never gave me that choice so it's ironic that I must pay for some else's sins...

You have the same choice as Adam & Eve faced.

If you've sinned, that's on you.

The creation was perfect before Adam & Eve sinned.

God invented cancer.

Actually God didn't create cancer.

Cancer was a consequence of the fall of man, which was brought into the world by the sinful acts of mankind.

Cancer is simply cells not acting in the way they were designed.

God created and designed cells.

Without cells to mutate we wouldn't have cancer.

The fall of man allowed sin into the world, which has had negative consequences to the perfection of God's creation.

Some of the negative consequences of sin coming into the world are the cell mutations that cause cancer.

God allows sin to occur, because as a loving God he must give men the option of choosing their own selfish will over God's perfect will.

So the creation and the cells in it were made by God and without God there would be no cells to mutate.

It wasn't God's intention for there to be cancer, but the sin of mankind caused negative changes that resulted in negative effects like cancer to arise. God allowed man to sin.

God allows cancer to exist, because to force mankind to do HIS perfect will would not be loving, but to allow sin without consequence wouldn't be just.

I believe in a strict interpretation of the Bible, but even the Bible has context.

Quoting a single verse often leads to erroneous conclusions because the historical context and the additional revelation provided by surrounding verses is missing.

Above all, scripture must be read in a manner which is consistent with the nature of God, as expressed through the person of Jesus Christ.

If this was supposed to be a gotcha moment you're going to have to work a little harder.

So a 5 year old with cancer deserves it because they are so sinful. Yep, that sounds like a loving god to me.

Jesus, Yahweh to some, said he came to serve us and not to have us serve him. That is what I describe as unconditional love.

Yahweh, on the other hand, seems to put a condition of us serving him on his love. If we do not love Yahweh, off to hell we go.

I call that a condition to his love, which is negated when he tortures us in hell, then kills us in hell’s second death.

This appears to be a huge contradiction in the Christian ideology.

Is Yahweh’s love unconditional to you, or is our having to love him back and serve him a condition?

Am I bound for hell because I cannot love or serve a genocidal demiurge like Jesus or Yahweh?

Is Jesus showing unconditional love for us when he kills us instead of curing us?

Regards
DL

Yeah, I don't think Jesus likes you. Anyway, have a nice life.

I don't doubt that Moon has some invisible friends too. :biggrin:
Probably because Freemasons don’t allow irreligious jackanapes.

Parents didn't make a bunch of bad things and put them in their children's way like land mines to be stepped on.
Are you totally ignoring all of the good things?

Are you totally ignoring all the bad things?
If I did that I couldn’t learn from them.

Perspective and balance.

Why?

If I were capable of assuring my child would never need to know about disappointments, I would have, as I'm sure any parent would. Of course that is impossible, so I taught her how to deal with the disappointments that were sure to come.
Then you would have deprived her of the full human experience.

Probably because Freemasons don’t allow irreligious jackanapes.
Who cares what the Freemason's do with their time.

It's not God who is killing us.

It's Republicans claiming to do God's work.

DxZJ-8tW0AUndo7.jpg

So in remote parts of the Amazon it’s the Republicans fault that bad things happen to natives there? You’re a special kind of weirdo, deantard.

So a 5 year old with cancer deserves it because they are so sinful. Yep, that sounds like a loving god to me.

Because of a loving God, they went to a better place.

After suffering a terribly painful death that left their parents with a lifetime of grief they will never be free of. Yeah god.
When all is said and done, we are in the end absolutely dependent on the universe; and into sacrifices and surrenders of some sort, deliberately looked at and accepted, we are drawn and pressed as into our only permanent positions of repose. Now in those states of mind which fall short of religion, the surrender is submitted to as an imposition of necessity, and the sacrifice is undergone at the very best without complaint. In the religious life, on the contrary, surrender and sacrifice are positively espoused: even unnecessary givings-up are added in order that the happiness may increase. Religion thus makes easy and felicitous what in any case is necessary; and if it be the only agency that can accomplish this result, its vital importance as a human faculty stands vindicated beyond dispute. It becomes an essential organ of our life, performing a function which no other portion of our nature can so successfully fulfill. William James

Forum List

Back