Zone1 If God Is All Powerful, All Knowing, and All Loving, Then Why Didn't He Create Us To Be Perfect Like Himself

If God has the power to do anything imaginable and knows all things, certainly He would have the power to make us to be exactly like himself. Certainly He would know how to make us perfect like himself, and if He truly loves us, then he would certainly make us to be the best we could be. So why did God create us as imperfect sinful beings instead of perfect beings just like himself?
This is a really stupid question. Are you being deliberately obtuse? Or just trying to create a rationalization to justify your own lack of God in your life? You have the power to do many things, you could get up tomorrow and give your life savings, possessions and wealth to the next homeless wino on the street, but will you do it? What would the wino do but buy more wine with it? Why would God make us all perfect like Him? Then we would BE Him. There would be nothing but Him, no us. Did it ever occur to you that we are who we are and in the position we are for a reason? Perhaps due to our own actions, and for our own needs? Your question sounds that that of a child asking: "Daddy, why must I work to attain wealth and things when the bank or government could just give them to me while I sit on my own fat ass doing nothing!" Maybe the work in getting from the imperfect place we are now to the perfect position of God IS THE THING--- the work is what gives us the achievement and attainment to knowing and being more Godlike.

Some have answered this by saying that God gave us free will and because of this mankind has chosen to be imperfect. However, this does not really answer the dilemma. If God created us to be perfect like Himself, then we would make perfect choices given that we are created to be perfect even as God is perfect. Does God have free will? Does God make bad choices?
You are obviously confused and do not understand. Just consider that maybe we are what we are through our own actions and choices.

how would you define mistake??

to know that you would have to know his intentions,,
I don't have a perfect knowledge or understanding but the overall belief of a Christian is that God is perfect and doesn't make mistakes. I am not God and cannot define for you everything that is a mistake. Yet it is a Christian belief and faith that God is perfect and does not make mistakes but that all his doings are righteous and good and that He is capable of being so because of his perfection. I take it on faith that God is perfect. Matthew 5:48 is a teaching of Jesus that assumes God is perfect.

Matthew 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

I don't have a perfect knowledge or understanding but the overall belief of a Christian is that God is perfect and doesn't make mistakes. I am not God and cannot define for you everything that is a mistake. Yet it is a Christian belief and faith that God is perfect and does not make mistakes but that all his doings are righteous and good and that He is capable of being so because of his perfection. I take it on faith that God is perfect. Matthew 5:48 is a teaching of Jesus that assumes God is perfect.

Matthew 5:48
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
you havent defined what a mistake is and that he made any,,
is the duckbilled platapus a mistake??

what were his intentions would be the first thing you need to know,,

If God has the power to do anything imaginable and knows all things, certainly He would have the power to make us to be exactly like himself. Certainly He would know how to make us perfect like himself, and if He truly loves us, then he would certainly make us to be the best we could be. So why did God create us as imperfect sinful beings instead of perfect beings just like himself?
Some have answered this by saying that God gave us free will and because of this mankind has chosen to be imperfect. However, this does not really answer the dilemma. If God created us to be perfect like Himself, then we would make perfect choices given that we are created to be perfect even as God is perfect. Does God have free will? Does God make bad choices?
As a Christian, how would you respond to this problem of imperfect and evil?

Lucifer's plan was that we would all be perfect, have no free will, and would only do what was right, and that not one of us would be lost.

But that also would have denied us the opportunity to learn and advance to to become all that God meant for us to eventually become.

Free will didn't come into play until they had eaten the forbidden fruit. Until they had their little picnic they were "perfect"
God gave Adam and Eve free will to choose whether they would partake of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Thus they were given free will before partaking of the fruit.

In some regards they were considered perfect since they had not sinned and were in a state of immortality. However, they did not have a knowledge of good and evil and thus were not perfect in that respect. After partaking of the fruit, God exclaimed that the man had become as one of them in knowing good and evil.

Genesis 3:22
22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Up until they partook of the forbidden fruit, they didn't have a knowledge of good and evil and therefore did not have a perfection of knowledge. Even after partaking they didn't have a perfect knowledge of all things but they did gain a knowledge of good and evil.

God gave Adam and Eve free will to choose whether they would partake of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Thus they were given free will before partaking of the fruit.

In some regards they were considered perfect since they had not sinned and were in a state of immortality. However, they did not have a knowledge of good and evil and thus were not perfect in that respect. After partaking of the fruit, God exclaimed that the man had become as one of them in knowing good and evil.

Genesis 3:22
22 And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

Up until they partook of the forbidden fruit, they didn't have a knowledge of good and evil and therefore did not have a perfection of knowledge. Even after partaking they didn't have a perfect knowledge of all things but they did gain a knowledge of good and evil.
So God spoke too soon.

you havent defined what a mistake is and that he made any,,
is the duckbilled platapus a mistake??

what were his intentions would be the first thing you need to know,,
A mistake is going against the will of God. That is how I would define it. However, I still confess that I don't have a perfect knowledge and understanding of all things and must rely on God's perfect knowledge and understanding to the extent that he has revealed right and wrong to us. If God created a duckbilled platapus then I would not consider that a mistake.

A mistake is going against the will of God. That is how I would define it. However, I still confess that I don't have a perfect knowledge and understanding of all things and must rely on God's perfect knowledge and understanding to the extent that he has revealed right and wrong to us. If God created a duckbilled platapus then I would not consider that a mistake.
and thats the second part of my statement,,

what is gods will?? what were his intentions??

answer those and all will be revealed,,

Or it's simply that man created God. That makes the most sense.

Lucifer's plan was that we would all be perfect, have no free will, and would only do what was right, and that not one of us would be lost.

But that also would have denied us the opportunity to learn and advance to to become all that God meant for us to eventually become.
Lucifer was never our creator and had no power to create us perfect. I bring up this question on this forum to get people to think about what they believe about God. In LDS doctrine there is a great answer to this dilemma but I want others to consider this dilemma first to see what they come up with. Many believe that God is all powerful in that he can do absolutely anything imaginable and also that he created all things from absolutely nothing. Given this type of reasoning, I ask this question to hear how others will answer it and later I will reveal why I believe God did not create us to be exactly like himself.

and thats the second part of my statement,,

what is gods will?? what were his intentions??

answer those and all will be revealed,,
I am a believer in God and will get to what I believe is the answer to this dilemma after hearing from others and how they will answer this question. However, I respond to answers with reasonable objections if I don't feel their response answers the question.

I am a believer in God and will get to what I believe is the answer to this dilemma after hearing from others and how they will answer this question. However, I respond to answers with reasonable objections if I don't feel their response answers the question.
for the record if god exists I think its a women scientist that created what amounted to an ant farm where the males are the heavy lifters and do all the hard work and all the women have to do is stay home and have babies,, and cook a little,,,

Adam and Eve were supposed to rule with God but they decided to check out sin and got kicked out of paradise...

for the record if god exists I think its a women scientist that created what amounted to an ant farm where the males are the heavy lifters and do all the hard work and all the women have to do is stay home and have babies,, and cook a little,,,

Deep thinking, that...... No, really.
Only from the mind of a Democrat.
kakistocracy.jpg

This is a really stupid question. Are you being deliberately obtuse? Or just trying to create a rationalization to justify your own lack of God in your life? You have the power to do many things, you could get up tomorrow and give your life savings, possessions and wealth to the next homeless wino on the street, but will you do it? What would the wino do but buy more wine with it? Why would God make us all perfect like Him? Then we would BE Him. There would be nothing but Him, no us. Did it ever occur to you that we are who we are and in the position we are for a reason? Perhaps due to our own actions, and for our own needs? Your question sounds that that of a child asking: "Daddy, why must I work to attain wealth and things when the bank or government could just give them to me while I sit on my own fat ass doing nothing!" Maybe the work in getting from the imperfect place we are now to the perfect position of God IS THE THING--- the work is what gives us the achievement and attainment to knowing and being more Godlike.
Why go through all of this if God could simply make us perfect like himself? If he could make us to be exactly like Himself, which is his end goal according to Matt. 5:48 and John 17:20-23, why would He put us all through the suffering and death of this life when He could simply create us perfect like Himself.
You are obviously confused and do not understand. Just consider that maybe we are what we are through our own actions and choices.
You avoid the argument that why couldn't God simply create us with free will choice and with a perfect knowledge and understanding like He has so that we would make perfectly good decisions with our free will as He does and avoid all the pain and suffer of this world?

Forum List

Back