“If God does not exist, then all things are permitted.”

Some would argue that inner conscience we have is God.
Or a natural occurrence..

some would say that too, but if it IS God, then, if there was NO God, we would have no conscience...
something to consider...
So it suppose to bother me because an animal has a conscious?

conscience.... what's the difference between emotions and conscience?
You can see emotions in animals - fear, guilt, shame, happiness. but a conscience?

Well, shame and guilt make up the "conscience." No? When you do something you know is wrong, you feel guilty and maybe shame about it later, and that would be "conscience." I don't think animals feel guilt or shame either. I think they do have some emotions, but they are very limited, like happy, sad, and fear.
Not true! You ever see a dog that knows its guilty? So cute.

We've always thought no other animal will ever be smart enough to think deeply but were realizing we don't know shit about dolphins. They're brains have been developing or evolving for millions of years longer than ours. We just don't know.

And dogs have gotten a lot smarter living beside us for thousands of years. One day dogs might talk. And if it ever happens it won't be a miracle or a sign that the end days are apon us. Lol

So if God does not exist you loose your conscience?

We have laws. Rape or murder go to jail.

In Islam God told them to chop off a thief's hand. Do you believe God told mo that? Then why do you believe your fairytale.

Thinking that we'd fall apart without God is a joke. I think we would excel without the notion.

As an athiest, why don't I stab someone in the neck today? Do you think I wouldn't feel bad if I stole an old ladies money? There are consequences to your actions. Just no hell or invisible 24 7 big bro.

some would say that too, but if it IS God, then, if there was NO God, we would have no conscience...
something to consider...

You can see emotions in animals - fear, guilt, shame, happiness. but a conscience?
Maybe one day they will evolve to have a conscience like us. Maybe they already have. A house pet certainly has more conscience than a wolf.

something to consider...

Well, shame and guilt make up the "conscience." No? When you do something you know is wrong, you feel guilty and maybe shame about it later, and that would be "conscience." I don't think animals feel guilt or shame either. I think they do have some emotions, but they are very limited, like happy, sad, and fear.

We've always thought no other animal will ever be smart enough to think deeply but were realizing we don't know shit about dolphins. They're brains have been developing or evolving for millions of years longer than ours. We just don't know.

And dogs have gotten a lot smarter living beside us for thousands of years. One day dogs might talk. And if it ever happens it won't be a miracle or a sign that the end days are apon us. Lol

Yeah sure, but I don't think I would call that a "conscience." They feel bad because of your tone of voice and other such "cues" I think. I don't think a dog actually realizes that chewing up your shoes is doing anything wrong though, and I don't think the dog really feels the equivalent of "human guilt."

About dogs talking?? Lol. Color me skeptical.

something to consider...

Yeah sure, but I don't think I would call that a "conscience." They feel bad because of your tone of voice and other such "cues" I think. I don't think a dog actually realizes that chewing up your shoes is doing anything wrong though, and I don't think the dog really feels the equivalent of "human guilt."

if god does not exist then it means women will give mostly nice guys a difficult time, while not getting him laid in the most true witness bearing of manners and fashions, not Only for fun and practice but also to ensure he always clamors for a relationship when women want him to.

Wow Daniel, that was almost straight forward! Not all women are like that, you know that, right?
not that moral? where are nice and moral girls like Ruth, when the guy doesn't have enough money; and is conscience of over-population possibilities with any city founding glee in the younger generation.

something to consider...

They know they are doing bad. I've unknowingly walked near a poop I didn't even know and when my god sealy got near it she started that guilty look

My buddy at work said he use to take a dig to work with him Tuesdays and Saturdays, right? He said the dog knew what days were go to work day. Only two. 5 days a week he lays out treats. Occasionally he can't take the dog on a Saturday or Tuesday and when he lays out treats he comes home the treats aren't eaten and the dogs giving him attitude.

Rabbits don't have smart brains but humans Crow dogs and dolphin do. We are just another animal but our brains are the most developed.

Dolphins may even believe gods a dolphin. And it would laugh if us polluters and parasites thought we were.

something to consider...

They feel love. Isn't that the God emotion? Maybe an ant doesn't but a mother elephant sure does.

Yes, I used to have a cat that, when he wanted to go out, he would sit in front of the door and meow, which sounded suspiciously like "out." :lol:

something to consider...

They feel love. Isn't that the God emotion? Maybe an ant doesn't but a mother elephant sure does.

Yes, I said they were capable of emotion, but I think only basic emotions. Their emotions are certainly not as complex as those of a human being though.

something to consider...

Yes, I said they were capable of emotion, but I think only basic emotions. Their emotions are certainly not as complex as those of a human being though.
Yeah, humans have such greater emotions.....

Do you think a dog's emotions are the equivalent of a human's? I didn't say "greater." I said "more complex."

Do you think a dog's emotions are the equivalent of a human's? I didn't say "greater." I said "more complex."
How is back stabbing more complex?

Are our emotions and thoughts more complex than a dolphins? We don't know. My friend says talk to him when a dolphin can land a ship on the moon. Lol

Back stabbing is not an emotion.

Back stabbing is not an emotion.
It's just a non-emotive response...

If you wanted to say that animals are more loyal than humans, that might be true. That does not mean that their emotions are at as complex as human emotions though. Our complex range of emotions is just one thing that makes us different from other animals. That is not to say that your dog doesn't love you. He does, but I doubt if he has much if any of a "conscience."

Forum List

Back