If fighting wars is so noble and heroic...

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Why don't we celebrate how many dead soldiers rack up? Never seen on the news anyone celebrating a bombing mission with like, "And 18 enemy combatants wewre obliterated during the bombing." Or, "a special ops teams massacred dozen of suspected militants, some in their beds still fast asleep."

If blood and death is so fucking awesome, why don't we celebrate blood and death?

Why don't we celebrate how many dead soldiers rack up? Never seen on the news anyone celebrating a bombing mission with like, "And 18 enemy combatants wewre obliterated during the bombing." Or, "a special ops teams massacred dozen of suspected militants, some in their beds still fast asleep."

If blood and death is so fucking awesome, why don't we celebrate blood and death?
Why don't we.

Why don't we.

because we all read THE RED BADGE OF COURAGE ----in junior high

The OP also must have missed that fact that white american culture glorifies violence. Thats why movies about mobsters, wars, insane serial killers etc are so popular.

We do. There were daily reports of body counts all during the Viet Nam war. In fact, the body count reported by the military exceeded the total population of Viet Nam.

The OP also must have missed that fact that white american culture glorifies violence. Thats why movies about mobsters, wars, insane serial killers etc are so popular.

as opposed to what and whom---where?

In fact, Viet Nat was the first war where victories were counted by body count and not territories/land won.

Who said anything about being opposed?

I will help you to understand. In the study of ANATOMY---
if an anatomical part is described as RIGHT-----as in RIGHT
ARM-------the convention is that there is also a LEFT ARM.
If there is a left lobe of the liver, there is also a right lobe of
the liver. If there were a "right stomach"------there would also
be a "left stomach"-------but there isn't. GET IT?

In specifying WHITE AMERICANS you have implied that there
is something OTHER than white americans and that the "other"
does not engage in the activity that under discussion------
ie "white americans as opposed to __________ americans
glorify violence

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-24_16-38-38.png
    upload_2015-10-24_16-38-38.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 88

glorify violence
I'm not talking about anatomy. I'm talking about white american culture. Did you see me say anything about anatomy?

Of course there is something other than white americans. I only implied that white americans make it part of their culture. Thats pretty apparent all throughout history.

glorify violence
I'm not talking about anatomy. I'm talking about white american culture. Did you see me say anything about anatomy?

Of course there is something other than white americans. I only implied that white americans make it part of their culture. Thats pretty apparent all throughout history.

wll thruou history-----"white americans" have a culture glorifying violence?
-------what are you calling "history" ?

glorify violence

Yes they have a history of glorifying violence. Whites in general have the same issue but whites in america really have it bad.

I'm referring to the documented admissions of whites when I speak of "history". I'm glad you note there is a difference in real history and the white version of history.

glorify violence

Yes they have a history of glorifying violence. Whites in general have the same issue but whites in america really have it bad.

I'm referring to the documented admissions of whites when I speak of "history". I'm glad you note there is a difference in real history and the white version of history.

you have a citation to support your claim as
"We whites ADMIT ---that in comparison with all other groups OUR WHITE GROUP has a history which glorifies violence over all other groups of people on
the planet earth"??

glorify violence

you have a citation to support your claim as
"We whites ADMIT ---that in comparison with all other groups OUR WHITE GROUP has a history which glorifies violence over all other groups of people on
the planet earth"??
That wasnt my claim at all. Now go chastise your strawman, come back , and try again.

Why don't we.

Not sure I know what you mean.
I watched Red Dawn though. Now that was awesome. They celebrated their kills.

Why don't we.

red badge is a classic------about the civil war------I believe that the author's name is
STEPHEN CRANE (sorry ----too tired to google) I thought every kid who attended public school in the USA read it--------it is kinda anti war)

Why don't we.

Uh ya, the "they were people" scene really screamed 'hey killing people's so much fun!'

Forum List

Back