If Ebola is so contagious why

Duncan's flight came from Belgium.

Stop with the panic, it's ridiculous.

He came from Liberia and had a visa that originated in that country.
Yet his flight didn't originate in West Africa.

You're smarter than that. The ban would apply to travelers who originate from Ebola countries.
Like the US?

And how about Nigeria?

The U.S. is not an Ebola country - and Nigeria has successfully thwarted its outbreak because it did control its borders.

It still let people in via checkpoints. They are credited with success for:

"According to WHO, the success of Nigeria — Africa’s most populous nation — was attributable to ample funding, quick action and assistance from the WHO, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and the non-profit Doctors Without Borders.

Unlike the situation in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone, “all identified contacts were physically monitored on a daily basis for 21 days. The few contacts who attempted to escape the monitoring system were all diligently tracked” by special teams and returned to observation."

Nigeria declared Ebola-free after only 8 deaths - The Washington Post

Basically exactly what we are doing. Except of course I doubt we've had any assistance from WHO or DWB.

20 people infected, eight died, that 40% kill rate I believe. Not bad but looks like we are going to beat it.

And apparently, according to WHO, you must have no active cases to be declared Ebola free. We aren't quite there yet.

No one Duncan lived with, rode with, or interacted with aside from two caregivers have become ill.
go volunteer to treat ebola patients and confirm that it is not contagious
she'd have to go to West Africa, where everyday sanitation & electricity are not up to par w/ the First world, but you knew that didn't you? Thats why it spreads so easily over there..

No there are people
If it's not contagious, then why are so many people in West Africa dying from it?
Who said it isn't contagious? The point of the OP is that people should stop the hysteria and panic over Ebola.

Nigeria saw 20 cases of Ebola and is about to be declared Ebola free in a few days since they have had no new cases in 6 weeks. Lagos, the 5th most populated city on Earth with far less infrastructure and less sanitary conditions than those found in the US, managed not to have a widespread outbreak.

I have encountered ONE hysterical person. I do observe that many people are concerned about the political spin and incompetence coming out of the Obola Administration.
You must not be reading many of the threads on here.

I can't help it if loons such as yourself interpret concern regarding our government's lack of veracity and competency to be hysteria.
The amount of speculation alone about Ebola being airborne, without evidence, is flat out hysteria. All being driven by right wing nut jobs.
There many
that are concerned from every political stance,but the hacks like yourself,just see what they wish to.

No one Duncan lived with, rode with, or interacted with aside from two caregivers have become ill.
she'd have to go to West Africa, where everyday sanitation & electricity are not up to par w/ the First world, but you knew that didn't you? Thats why it spreads so easily over there..
you hop on a bus with her. funny how in this country who you claim is so well prepared, the CDC and our own president told us there was absolutely nothing to worry about 2 people contracted it. looks like it spread pretty easily here. in a well prepared hospital environment no less

you hop on a bus with her. funny how in this country who you claim is so well prepared, the CDC and our own president told us there was absolutely nothing to worry about 2 people contracted it. looks like it spread pretty easily here. in a well prepared hospital environment no less
There is nothing much to worry about unless you are a health care worker working in a poorly run hospital (like the two nurses). And I am happy to leave the health care to the experts. All you whining and claiming doom is upon us are the ones that "know" how to better act in the situation so in reality it is YOU that needs to put yourself on the line. Man up and go show them how it's done.

No there are people
Who said it isn't contagious? The point of the OP is that people should stop the hysteria and panic over Ebola.

Nigeria saw 20 cases of Ebola and is about to be declared Ebola free in a few days since they have had no new cases in 6 weeks. Lagos, the 5th most populated city on Earth with far less infrastructure and less sanitary conditions than those found in the US, managed not to have a widespread outbreak.

I have encountered ONE hysterical person. I do observe that many people are concerned about the political spin and incompetence coming out of the Obola Administration.
You must not be reading many of the threads on here.

I can't help it if loons such as yourself interpret concern regarding our government's lack of veracity and competency to be hysteria.
The amount of speculation alone about Ebola being airborne, without evidence, is flat out hysteria. All being driven by right wing nut jobs.
There many
that are concerned from every political stance,but the hacks like yourself,just see what they wish to.
You have a serious case of fear-bola. I prescribe that you stop watching cable news.

I'm sure the 4,000 dead would appreciate your trivialization of their deaths.

Well, death IS trivial. That is, because EVERYONE dies. This or that way, it doesn't matter.
In fact, death is the most trivial thing on earth. Always was and will be.
And the dead will do nothing about their trivialization. They will also care a shit about your fake mourning. They are fucking dead.

There is nothing much to worry about unless you are a health care worker working in a poorly run hospital (like the two nurses). And I am happy to leave the health care to the experts. All you whining and claiming doom is upon us are the ones that "know" how to better act in the situation so in reality it is YOU that needs to put yourself on the line. Man up and go show them how it's done.
I got it, you just whine about the doom of guns. been shot lately?

So why didn't any of Duncan's family members contract Ebola? For several day, they were totally unprotected in a close environment while he was contagious. Were they better protected than the nurses?

Liberals think Ebola is like chickenpox and we should all get infected sooner rather than later

So why didn't any of Duncan's family members contract Ebola? For several day, they were totally unprotected in a close environment while he was contagious. Were they better protected than the nurses?
Perhaps they were more hygienic. Do a little research and you'll find that it is very easy to pick up an infection in a hospital. Especially one that lets an ebola patient stay in the general hospital population for days.

I'm sure the 4,000 dead would appreciate your trivialization of their deaths.

Well, death IS trivial. That is, because EVERYONE dies. This or that way, it doesn't matter.
In fact, death is the most trivial thing on earth. Always was and will be.
And the dead will do nothing about their trivialization. They will also care a shit about your fake mourning. They are fucking dead.

Wow. You are fucking stupid.

However, it should give you pause when you get morons who continuously say the common flu is a bigger concern than Ebola. They, are giving you agreements.
Has it occurred to you that predfan is just in agreement with folks thinking more rationally than you unhinged rightwingers?

Forget Ebola, you're far more at risk for this

With the annual flu season looming, hospitals and doctors are preparing themselves for emergency rooms that may become flooded with patients who fear Ebola but instead have influenza, which can cause similar symptoms in the early stages such as fever and body aches.

But fear often trumps common sense, even though people should be far more worried about the flu given the toll it is known to take every year, doctors said.​
This flu season millions of people will seek medical help with symptoms of high fever, headaches, weakness and fatigue, muscle pains and aches, and vomiting and diarrhea, the early symptoms of Ebola and the Flu.
I wonder how many of these people will be monitored or admitted.

Forum List

Back