CDZ If Democrats are so aghast at Trump lying

So, none of the leftists on this board can explain why Democrats in Congress don't introduce a bill making it illegal for politicians to lie to constituents eh?

Another hundred million bills will not fix what ails us.

Maybe not, but the question remains, If Trump is so outside the norm with his lies, and Democrats are so honest, why don't they insist on a law that would make it illegal for Trump to lie to voters?

why don't they pass a law making it a crime for politicians to lie to the American people? I mean it hardly seems fair that American citizens can go to prison for a long time for lying to Congress , but they can lie to us with impunity .

Are you serious?

Yes I'm serious. If I was in Congress I would introduce a bill today that made lying to constituents a felony. Why? Because I have principles, I believe the American people deserve the truth from their elected leaders, and I'm sick of lying politicians. This includes the evil orange man who I have called a liar repeatedly on this board.

Why are Democrats not pushing for a law that would make it illegal for Trump to lie, since apparently he's the only liar in DC?

STATEMENT: " If I was in Congress I would introduce a bill today that made lying to constituents a felony"

RESPONSE: Your bill would not get one other sponsor, and would never be put up for a vote.

That's my point. Why are Democrats concerned enough to be on TV every day screaming that Trump is such a liar that he is a danger to democracy, but not concerned enough to make it illegal for politicians to lie to the American people?

There are lies, damn lies and Trump: Trump is a pathological liar, one driven by narcissism and a deep seeded megalomania.

why don't they pass a law making it a crime for politicians to lie to the American people? I mean it hardly seems fair that American citizens can go to prison for a long time for lying to Congress , but they can lie to us with impunity .

Are you serious?

Yes I'm serious. If I was in Congress I would introduce a bill today that made lying to constituents a felony. Why? Because I have principles, I believe the American people deserve the truth from their elected leaders, and I'm sick of lying politicians. This includes the evil orange man who I have called a liar repeatedly on this board.

Why are Democrats not pushing for a law that would make it illegal for Trump to lie, since apparently he's the only liar in DC?

STATEMENT: " If I was in Congress I would introduce a bill today that made lying to constituents a felony"

RESPONSE: Your bill would not get one other sponsor, and would never be put up for a vote.

That's my point. Why are Democrats concerned enough to be on TV every day screaming that Trump is such a liar that he is a danger to democracy, but not concerned enough to make it illegal for politicians to lie to the American people?

There are lies, damn lies and Trump: Trump is a pathological liar, one driven by narcissism and a deep seeded megalomania.

But you still haven't answer my question. Why haven't Democrats simply introduced a bill making it illegal for Trump and or any other politicians to lie to the American people?

Another hundred million bills will not fix what ails us.

Maybe not, but the question remains, If Trump is so outside the norm with his lies, and Democrats are so honest, why don't they insist on a law that would make it illegal for Trump to lie to voters?

~~~~~~
What's wrong why just choose Trump as the subject when all politicians on both sides lie to the People and in some cases been caught in treasonous plots to destroy this nation's National Security. I.E., the Racist, KKK Virginia Democrats and rapists that have been uncovered. Democrats can no longer claim it's just Republicans are racists.

Unbelievable how many people are incapable of understanding the idea behind this thread and or are incapable of staying on topic.

Are you serious?

But you still haven't answer my question. Why haven't Democrats simply introduced a bill making it illegal for Trump and or any other politicians to lie to the American people?

There are questions, stupid questions and ridiculous questions. Your's is ridiculous, but I'll consider it for a moment.

I find it ridiculous, since there are white lies ("I really liked that dinner, dear); Damn lies (lies under oath) and Trump Lies (lies which harm others). The Trump lies, and Damn lies have consequences already, the former is forth coming; the latter results in indictments and incarcerations.

How very strange that no leftists here can explain why if liberals believe Trump lying to the pubic is such a danger to democracy and yet they haven't introduced a bill making it a crime for politicians to lie to the public..........

I'm just kidding, it isn't strange at all.
but are you saying that republicans have no interest in passing a bill that they have to tell the truth to their constituents, and this is all up to Democrats???

I'm fine with a law like that, though Republicans would also have to support it as well. And enough to over ride the president,s veto.

otherwise it is a waste of time.

Plus, how would it be enforced? With giving due process to the one charged, and who determines whether something said was a known lie?

There are questions, stupid questions and ridiculous questions. Your's is ridiculous, but I'll consider it for a moment.

I find it ridiculous, since there are white lies ("I really liked that dinner, dear); Damn lies (lies under oath) and Trump Lies (lies which harm others). The Trump lies, and Damn lies have consequences already, the former is forth coming; the latter results in indictments and incarcerations.

So we'll mark you down as "unwilling to answer the question"

How very strange that no leftists here can explain why if liberals believe Trump lying to the pubic is such a danger to democracy and yet they haven't introduced a bill making it a crime for politicians to lie to the public..........

but are you saying that republicans have no interest in passing a bill that they have to tell the truth to their constituents, and this is all up to Democrats???

I'm fine with a law like that, though Republicans would also have to support it as well. And enough to over ride the president,s veto.

Plus, how would it be enforced? With giving due process to the one charged, and who determines whether something said was a known lie?

That is not what I said at all. We'll mark you down as "dishonest"

Lying to us is the only weapon they have.
They can't govern worth shit.

But you are only asking leftists about Dems doing this? Thus my question about Republicans being excluded from your proposal....

Also, any comments on my posted concerns?

or are you simply trolling, with your own agenda?

Because you guys hear trump lie and say it's not a lie. So you can even argue a lie is not a lie. You're never wrong even when you are. And we aren't the only ones sick of Trump.

View attachment 244032
What Trump lie are we talking about today? Can you be more specific? He lies daily.

Trump Topped 8,000 Falsehoods Or Distortions In 2 Years, Fact-Checker Says | HuffPost

8000 lies
How many lies from your team did you swallow whole and carry the water for during the previous eight years?

Now, go get that lumber yard out of your eye.
Benghazi, sniper fire, keep your healthcare,???

Like 3 or 4. Not 8000
98 percent of Americans kept their healthcare

Now, if Mexico would only pay for 98 percent of the wall

But you are only asking leftists about Dems doing this? Thus my question about Republicans being excluded from your proposal....

OMG I can't even believe this has to be explained.

If Democrats were really so concerned about Trump lying to the American people they would make it illegal for him to do so, but they themselves constantly lie to the American people so no way are they going to make it illegal.

If Democrats were really so concerned about Trump lying to the American people they would make it illegal for him to do so, but they themselves constantly lie to the American people so no way are they going to make it illegal.

The only thing illegal is lying under oath
Trump refuses to testify under oath

off topic

off topic
Nope

So we'll mark you down as "unwilling to answer the question"

I did, in an abstract manner. I suppose that is why you are so confused.

How do you prove a lie, unless their is evidence of a tort, and that harm is proved by clear and concise evidence?

Exposure and transparency will prove or exculpate President Trump's Integrity. Time and investigative discipline will provide the evidence to clear him, or to find him guilty of obstruction of justice, and or collusion with Russia.

Consider, Trump has made a promise that he will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it.

Was this a lie?

Yes, if you consider Obama's statement "you can keep you doctor".

Yet, it seems to me to be the same thing, a misjudgment, a hope, and not an intentional effort to mislead the people.

Forum List

Back