If deer could talk

I finally hit one last year, after 40 years of close calls.
Did you have a talk with it?

My closest call about 20 yrs ago with my 72 Cutlass.

Big ass buck ran out just as I went by at about 40 mph. I saw the flash, heard the hoofs, and I just bumped him with my tail light as he ran through, heard just the slightest sound. That thing would have ran straight in the door driving if it was 2 seconds sooner

I would have been in tears if he hit this. Plus the tears of his head smashing through my side window impaling 8 points in my head

DSCN1355.JPG

Big ass buck ran out just as I went by at about 40 mph. I saw the flash, heard the hoofs, and I just bumped him with my tail light as he ran through, heard just the slightest sound. That thing would have ran straight in the door driving if it was 2 seconds sooner

I would have been in tears if he hit this. Plus the tears of his head smashing through my side window impaling 8 points in my head

View attachment 623941
The big doe I hit just took out my right front marker light, but the impact killed the deer. I've had several cases where I knew I was going to hit a deer full on, closed my eyes and braced for impact. Miraculously the deer avoided the crash. How is still a mystery to me.

Hey with Biden around we might have to eat the ones we hit for protein
A lot of drivers do take the deer for meat. I worked as a meat cutter in a small town in 'deer country'. People signed up for roadkilled deer which were brought in by the county, if there was enough salvageable meat.

The big doe I hit just took out my right front marker light, but the impact killed the deer. I've had several cases where I knew I was going to hit a deer full on, closed my eyes and braced for impact. Miraculously the deer avoided the crash. How is still a mystery to me.
Most people die when they swerve to avoid.......At higher speeds best to straight flatten hit it. This is why we have insurance

I saw an 18 wheeler once plow in to 2 of them on the opposite side, thank God, at 70 mph

It was unreal. Like being in Ukraine after a hit

A lot of drivers do take the deer for meat. I worked as a meat cutter in a small town in 'deer country'. People signed up for roadkilled deer which were brought in by the county, if there was enough salvageable meat.
Oh yeah. I guess if you don't crush a lot of the guts it is ok...........Hmmmm....Venison.......................HHHHMMMMMMM VENISON DEER JERKY

Most people die when they swerve to avoid.......At higher speeds best to straight flatten hit it. This is why we have insurance

I saw an 18 wheeler once plow in to 2 of them on the opposite side, thank God, at 70 mph

It was unreal. Like being in Ukraine after a hit
I saw that once as well. It was terrible to see.

Oh yeah. I guess if you don't crush a lot of the guts it is ok...........Hmmmm....Venison.......................HHHHMMMMMMM VENISON DEER JERKY
A lot of them suffered just a glancing blow, like my doe, but the shock was enough to kill them without doing much damage to the meat. They did need to have enough damage to bleed out however. If not bled out they were...dog food.

Last edited:

View attachment 623941
Have never hit one, but they have nabbed me twice, after I thought I had successfully avoided the herd in the road.

Forum List

Back