Who’s Going to the Great Total Solar Eclipse of 2024?

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
1708009161602.jpeg

It’s on a Monday, but if you can get to the path of totality, do it. There’s nothing like it on earth. And if you’re close to the path DO NOT settle for less than 100%. 99.9% is a cloudy day darkness. When it hits 100% it’s like a light switch and you’re in darkness looking up at a black hole in the sky. This is what you see with your naked eye.

1708014495569.jpeg

A useful tool for finding locations. Personally I’m going to be in the Fredricksburg TX area.

I drove for a little over an hour to get into the total eclipse zone in 2017. It turned out to be cloudy where I stopped to view the eclipse, so I didn't get the that great of an eclipse experience.

View attachment 902742
It’s on a Monday, but if you can get to the path of totality, do it. There’s nothing like it on earth. And if you’re close to the path DO NOT settle for less than 100%. 99.9% is a cloudy day darkness. When it hits 100% it’s like a light switch and you’re in darkness looking up at a black hole in the sky. This is what you see with your naked eye.

View attachment 902777

A useful tool for finding locations. Personally I’m going to be in the Fredricksburg TX area.

This will pass directly over my city. Thinking about renting out my backyard pool if anyone wants to see the show from a floaty with a drink in their hand. ;)

View attachment 902742

View attachment 902777

Weather permitting, I'm planning on giving it a whirl.

It's going over Cleveland. It might be worth going if they light the river on fire again so we have multiple sources of entertainment.

View attachment 902742

View attachment 902777

I can't wait. Remember our last eclipse?

1709929699447.png

Somebody should tell Biden that solar eclipse is not an ice cream flavor.
Biden will probably tell a story about how when he was a kid they didn’t have solar eclipses
No Lie it really didn’t happen jack

He will end his statements on how this proves climate change is the cause of more frequent eclipses and congress needs to pass the aid bill for Ukraine to help combat these eclipses.

I think I will sit this one out, but my daughter wants to do a day trip. I think the gov has issued an ex order putting employees on standby notice, it will be a mess. My last one is still vivid.

I have a son who lives at the top of a hill on the outskirts of Waco. If the weather cooperates, his backyard will be a great viewing spot.

View attachment 902742

View attachment 902777

Too much travel for us. We drove 2 hours for the last one and it was amazing. You can look directly at it when it's total. The drive back too 5 hours. Parking lot the whole way.

Forum List

Back