If Blacks started voting Republican, would the Dems finally focus on their actual problems?

What have Democrats originated that has benefited Blacks? End Slavery? Voting Rights? Nope. Those were Republican originated.

What have Democrats done?

What have Democrats originated that has benefited Blacks? End Slavery? Voting Rights? Nope. Those were Republican originated.

Actually, those ideas came from progressives.... incidentally, they were progressives that would be Democrats, today...

Just wondering what your opinions are on this hypothetical that wont happen.

"If the Blacks started voting Republican"

haha, good one. Next thread: "If Trump suddenly became intelligent..."

Trump was intelligent enough to run again net Washington and win. Are you intelligent? Do you support Obamacare? The architect of the plan said that its success depended upon the stupidity of the American voter.

Start anywhere you want. Republicans have been pushing that message for years TO EVERYBODY! It's the Democrats who were kissing ass to the women's lib moment by promoting single-parent families. Single-parent households are directly related to poverty. It's Republicans who have promoted marriage and a stable income before having children.

Can you explain how supporting Planned Parenthood is promoting single parent families? It seems like the opposite to me.

The theme you missed (in both) is the responsibility factor. Republicans promote personal responsibility whether it's getting knocked up or having children you can't afford to support.

Don't do either. How's that?

Nope, not buying that answer.

I'm Pro-life, but the key thing is... I'm also not telling people that have babies they can get fucked and die because they made the mistake of getting pregnant. Understand the difference?

Making a mistake is taking a hammer to hit a nail and hitting your hand instead. When you jump in bed with somebody unprotected and end up pregnant, that's not a mistake, that's irresponsibility.

Not all pregnancies are from unprotected sex...

Not to mention a lot of unwanted pregnancies come from teenage kids whose brains are not fully developed including the part of their brain that helps them make informed decisions... thus why certain laws require certain ages to make important decisions.

Correct, not all pregnancies are from unprotected sex, but I'd bet my dime to your dollar most of them are.

And you are incorrect about teen unwanted pregnancies:

• In 2011, there were 45 unintended pregnancies for every 1,000 women aged 15–44. In other words, nearly 5% of reproductive-age women have an unintended pregnancy each year.[8]
  • Unintended pregnancy rates are highest among poor and low-income women, women aged 18–24, cohabiting women and minority women.[8] Rates tend to be lowest among higher-income women, white women, college graduates and married women. For example, in 2011, the rate of unintended pregnancy among higher-income white women was less than half the national rate (18 vs. 45 unintended pregnancies per 1,000 women aged 15–44).[8]
Unintended Pregnancy in the United States

Just wondering what your opinions are on this hypothetical that wont happen.

"If the Blacks started voting Republican"

haha, good one. Next thread: "If Trump suddenly became intelligent..."

Trump was intelligent enough to run again net Washington and win. Are you intelligent? Do you support Obamacare? The architect of the plan said that its success depended upon the stupidity of the American voter.

Yes, I am intelligent. Yes, I am more intelligent than is Trump, and so are you. Yes, I support some of the ideas of Obamacare; but, no, I am not beholden to it. And I don't care what "that one guy" said, I can make up my own mind.

Last edited:

Actually, those ideas came from progressives.... incidentally, they were progressives that would be Democrats, today...

Based on what criteria? Based on JFK's economic policies, would he still be a democrat?

Can you explain how supporting Planned Parenthood is promoting single parent families? It seems like the opposite to me.

The theme you missed (in both) is the responsibility factor. Republicans promote personal responsibility whether it's getting knocked up or having children you can't afford to support.

I'm Pro-life, but the key thing is... I'm also not telling people that have babies they can get fucked and die because they made the mistake of getting pregnant. Understand the difference?

Making a mistake is taking a hammer to hit a nail and hitting your hand instead. When you jump in bed with somebody unprotected and end up pregnant, that's not a mistake, that's irresponsibility.

Not to mention a lot of unwanted pregnancies come from teenage kids whose brains are not fully developed including the part of their brain that helps them make informed decisions... thus why certain laws require certain ages to make important decisions.

Correct, not all pregnancies are from unprotected sex, but I'd bet my dime to your dollar most of them are.

• In 2011, there were 45 unintended pregnancies for every 1,000 women aged 15–44. In other words, nearly 5% of reproductive-age women have an unintended pregnancy each year.[8]
  • Unintended pregnancy rates are highest among poor and low-income women, women aged 18–24, cohabiting women and minority women.[8] Rates tend to be lowest among higher-income women, white women, college graduates and married women. For example, in 2011, the rate of unintended pregnancy among higher-income white women was less than half the national rate (18 vs. 45 unintended pregnancies per 1,000 women aged 15–44).[8]

Uh yeah. I never said there were more pregnancies from protected sex gone wrong compared to unprotected sex. Pat yourself on the back for creating a serious strawman argument...

Now how about you argue against teen pregnancies?

Based on what criteria? Based on JFK's economic policies, would he still be a democrat?

Yes, he would still be a Democrat, because he was an overall progressive. And not all Democrats share the same economic beliefs, anymore than do all Republicans.

No offense, but you are asking kind of childish questions.

Uh yeah. I never said there were more pregnancies from protected sex gone wrong compared to unprotected sex. Pat yourself on the back for creating a serious strawman argument...

I just did. Teen unwanted pregnancies are not the majority of unwanted pregnancies.

I just did. Teen unwanted pregnancies are not the majority of unwanted pregnancies.

You created ANOTHER strawman. I never said they made up THE MOST of them, simply they were part of the issue, especially in dealing with your argument that they should know better.

Bro, is that how you treat EVERY argument? Someone says something and you try to change their argument to fit your data?

You created ANOTHER strawman. I never said they made up THE MOST of them, simply they were part of the issue, especially in dealing with your argument that they should know better.

Bro, is that how you treat EVERY argument? Someone says something and you try to change their argument to fit your data?

Fair enough, you didn't say most of them, you said this:

Not to mention a lot of unwanted pregnancies come from teenage kids whose brains are not fully developed including the part of their brain that helps them make informed decisions

So what is "a lot" by your definition?

Fair enough, you didn't say most of them, you said this:

Not to mention a lot of unwanted pregnancies come from teenage kids whose brains are not fully developed including the part of their brain that helps them make informed decisions

So what is "a lot" by your definition?

I'll tell you a lot doesn't mean the majority of, otherwise I would have said that.

Why even bother? who gives a shit what he thinks? It's the woman's choice, period. And that will not change. that's why these guys can only cheat and connive their way to self-righteousness, like making it harder to get abortion, closing down clinics, making ridiculous requirements meant only to shut down clinics, etc. They are huge, tantrum-throwing sissies that demand respect for the law, except for all of the laws that don't jibe with their own neuroses, superstitions, and bigotry. Screw them.

Yes, he would still be a Democrat, because he was an overall progressive. And not all Democrats share the same economic beliefs, anymore than do all Republicans.

You are interchanging time periods. Ronald Reagan took JFK's economic policy and liberals excoriate Reagan to this day for it. Point being: you can't broad brush a progressive from then would be today. Stop being childish.

You are interchanging time periods. Ronald Reagan took JFK's economic policy and liberals excoriate Reagan to this day for it. Point being: you can't broad brush a progressive from then would be today. Stop being childish.

i didn't say all or even most liberals would like his economic policies, so I made no error. And yes, i can paint with somewhat of a broad brush in response, just as you asked me to do with your question. Yes, he would still be a democrat, despite his economic beliefs at that time. And you are right that he was like Reagan in many ways. He greatly expanded government like Reagan did. He also pumped government money into the economy to recover from recession, as Reagan did. And, most of all, he looooved deficit spending, as did Reagan.

Republican plantation means working for slave wages that can't support your family

No, the Republican plantation is teaching people not to have a family until they can support them.
Oh wow, that's hilarious.

You know we can post maps of teen births by state. Start with Appalachia.

Start anywhere you want. Republicans have been pushing that message for years TO EVERYBODY! It's the Democrats who were kissing ass to the women's lib moment by promoting single-parent families. Single-parent households are directly related to poverty. It's Republicans who have promoted marriage and a stable income before having children.
Whaaaat???????

Stable income?????

You get that from education.

Republicans don't believe in education.

Republican plantation means working for slave wages that can't support your family

No, the Republican plantation is teaching people not to have a family until they can support them.
Oh wow, that's hilarious.

You know we can post maps of teen births by state. Start with Appalachia.

Whaaaat???????

Stable income?????

You get that from education.

Republicans don't believe in education.

Yes, a stable income. Need me to post the definition? Obviously you don't believe in education.

Why even bother? who gives a shit what he thinks? It's the woman's choice, period. And that will not change.

Really think so? See who's in charge of putting Supreme Court justices in? Do you know what his stance is on abortion?

They are huge, tantrum-throwing sissies that demand respect for the law, except for all of the laws that don't jibe with their own neuroses, superstitions, and bigotry. Screw them.

Right, and who is on USMB complaining about the Electoral College for eight months?

Forum List

Back