Debate Now If Blackface Isn't Allowed Then Why Is Womanface?

You know yours and Hellbilly's true problem? You have no real counter argument so you deliberately change the subject. You both got nothing.
Post 67 provided a counter argument. You ran away from it.

1706226306222.gif

I wonder if the OP wears pants? If so…why is she mocking men? Isn’t this insulting to men?

I'm not claiming myself to be a man though and that argument is extremely weak btw.

I'm not claiming myself to be a man though and that argument is extremely weak btw.
Oh…so it is ok to mock men by dressing in men’s close…like black face, right?

I mean, this whole OP is about fauxrage and false equivalencies right?

Oh…so it is ok to mock men by dressing in men’s close…like black face, right?

First of all it's clothes not close and second of all that's not the subject. If a man wants to dress like a woman let them, but that doesn't make them a woman.

First of all it's clothes not close and second of all that's not the subject. If a man wants to dress like a woman let them, but that doesn't make them a woman.
It is still “mocking” women (according to your logic). Mocking someone requires intent to mock or parody, usually a cruelty. That doesn’t occur in either case: transgender dressing or women wearing men’s clothes.

Are you going to shuffle the goalposts some more?

Here is part of my prior reply, which you avoided.

There is no equivalency between black face and transgender women dressing as women. It isn’t mocking women. It isn’t a parody. It isn’t even insulting to women unless you have an issue with allowing transgender people to exist in the first place.

Care to address it?

Blackface is racist. Wearing a headdress is disrespectful. I’m a Native and I would not wear one because I haven’t earned the right to.
I would compare it to me wearing a Purple Heart knowing I haven’t earned the right to do so
The headdress argument is an interesting one and I will not dismiss it out of hand.

However black face is something that's been used theatrically for centuries and not necessarily to denote or mock people of African descent.

Jo

Just as an fyi…those porter jobs were mostly taken by Blacks because they were one of the only jobs open to Blacks in the railways. Subservient…and ”in their place”.
The point being that they were jobs open to blacks. A big step up from what had transpired before. That is called Progress.

Blackface was designed to parody and mock racial stereotypes.
I never knew parody was such a bad thing. And here I've watched parody of things and people all my life as just a mere harmless form of entertainment when people could still laugh at themselves. I bet it has been a real long time since you've laughed at yourself.

Thread locked. Too many posts which are not Zone 1 compliant to clean.

It went off the rails when OP trolled her own thread with Post # 56

The nature of the discussion when downhill from there.

I made a mistake, this forum IS NOT Zone 1. The report I received was under the impression, and had me likewise, under the impression that it is.

The only rules, are to be set down at the beginning.

So, please stay on topic from here on out. It is, indeed, still Zone 2, so, light tolling will be tolerated.

Zone 2 rules apply. (thread title and opening post, keep it reasonably civil or risk thread being moved)

Debate Now - Structured Discussion Forum
  • Site wide rules apply.
  • Zone 2 rules apply. (thread title and opening post, keep it reasonably civil or risk thread being moved)

Members participating in this forum will be expected to follow the rules specified in the OP at all times. NO EXCEPTIONS.

It is recommended that any rules specified in the OP be simple, easy to understand, kept to a reasonable minimum, and that they make sense. (If rules are too broad, vague, complicated, restrictive, or numerous, it will be impossible to moderate their intent and purpose.)
The only two rules are stay on topic and no twisting anybody's words around.

Re-opened, please stay on topic.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back