Zone1 If Biden Issued a Gun Control EO That Included Forced Confiscation, Would You Support This?

No. Counterproductive, expensive, illegal (in most cases), and ineffective.

No, why should they?

If there were no guns in circulation I think the crime and suicide rate will go down.

Not a ban but regulations on motor vehicles, planes, trains, and explosive materials.

Not applicable.

Our knife murder rate is higher than other countries entire murder rate......crime would not go down, in fact, with Americans using legal guns 1.2 million times a year to stop rapes, robberies, murders, beatings, stabbings.....our crime rate would sky rocket as criminals would face 1.2 million more unarmed victims......

What's the point with this crap john?
You must be better than that sort of deliberately manufactured trolling for only the purpose of another shitfight over guns!
dems wont have to confiscate guns if they set the precedent of suing gun makers ...once they open that door they'll be able to do the same with ammo producers ... that will drive said producers out of business ..

I have no doubt the "liberals" on here will support this by a wide margin but can you foresee any obvious consequences?
Keep in mind, a confiscation would require taking the guns from otherwise law abiding citizens protected by the 2A.
1-Do you support forced gun confiscation & why?
Hopefully Biden does such a thing:
-The BATFE will run out of agents willing to enforce this order long before the citizenry runs out of guns.
-Democrats will pay the political price for generations.

Let's go, Brandon!!

This thread demonstrates two things. A) More than a few of you spend far too much time dreaming of a civil war to destroy your perceived enemies. B) not nearly enough of you have the slightest clue how the Laws work. Much less Constitutional law.

This thread demonstrates two things. A) More than a few of you spend far too much time dreaming of a civil war to destroy your perceived enemies. B) not nearly enough of you have the slightest clue how the Laws work. Much less Constitutional law.
And yet, the only reason Biden (et al) won't try such a thing is he knows he won't get away with it.

I have no problem with the government confiscating specific peoples' firearms with cause, including:
- Domestic abusers;
- People with violent mental health issues;
- Cases in which a judge has determined a specific person to be a risk to themselves or others;
- Those who got their firearms under false pretenses, and so on.

But not an absolute ban. Fortunately, there is no widespread effort for an absolute ban.

I do not think it is possible to have the world be utterly firearm-free, whether legally or otherwise. But, if we're living hypothetically, if some wizard snapped his fingers and they all miraculously ceased to exist, yes, there is plenty of evidence to support that violent crime and suicide rates would both plummet.
I think every 4473 Form should include a Drug Screening ( with heavy focus on SSRIs and illegal Drugs , not poppy seed Bagels )

Pretty ironic coming from something that supports the side trying to take away the 1st & 2nd Amendments.

tenor.gif%3Fitemid%3D6233732

I have no doubt the "liberals" on here will support this by a wide margin but can you foresee any obvious consequences?
Keep in mind, a confiscation would require taking the guns from otherwise law abiding citizens protected by the 2A.

2-Do you feel every law abiding 2A supporter would hand in their guns willingly & why?

3-What do you feel would happen to the crime rate if the law abiding turned in their weapons & why?

4-What about other objects that can kill multiple people quickly (motor vehicles, planes, trains, explosive materials, swords, axes, knives, hammers, Hudson sprayer, gas & a lighter, etc), do you favor a ban on those as well & why?

5-Finally, would you still support it if you had to personally go out & confiscate the guns that some would refuse to surrender?
In other words, if it was your life on the line, would you walk the walk & why not?

I'll get it started-
1-I'm totally opposed to virtually all gun control except for in cases where there is an obvious mental illness involved.
Example- trannies

2-I know many of us will never hand in our guns & will defend our rights with our lives, so that means many people will end up dead.
Much more than the occasional mass shooting by the lunatic fringe.

3-I know crime rates have declined as the percentage of gun ownership increased. I also know most mass shooters seek gun free targets of opportunity & that's why they go after the schools all the time.
Crime rates will increase following any attempt at confiscation.

4-I don't want any other inanimate objects or tools banned either.

5-Obviously, I would never demand someone else do something dangerous on my behalf that I'd refuse to do myself.
I can't see how anyone justifies that attitude but you can give it a shot.

And yes, I personally would be willing to physically fight a fire/person or take down either a criminal or enemy soldier.
I think what will happen is that libs will make it against the law to have some types of weapons, and later all weapons

After that criminals caught with guns will get a slap on the wrist, while honest citizens will be severely punished

Thats how libs roll

2-Do you feel every law abiding 2A supporter would hand in their guns willingly & why?

3-What do you feel would happen to the crime rate if the law abiding turned in their weapons & why?

4-What about other objects that can kill multiple people quickly (motor vehicles, planes, trains, explosive materials, swords, axes, knives, hammers, Hudson sprayer, gas & a lighter, etc), do you favor a ban on those as well & why?

5-Finally, would you still support it if you had to personally go out & confiscate the guns that some would refuse to surrender?
In other words, if it was your life on the line, would you walk the walk & why not?

I'll get it started-
1-I'm totally opposed to virtually all gun control except for in cases where there is an obvious mental illness involved.
Example- trannies

2-I know many of us will never hand in our guns & will defend our rights with our lives, so that means many people will end up dead.

3-I know crime rates have declined as the percentage of gun ownership increased. I also know most mass shooters seek gun free targets of opportunity & that's why they go after the schools all the time.

5-Obviously, I would never demand someone else do something dangerous on my behalf that I'd refuse to do myself.

And yes, I personally would be willing to physically fight a fire/person or take down either a criminal or enemy soldier.
Confiscating guns from all the right wing terrorists ? Absolutely !

And yet, the only reason Biden (et al) won't try such a thing is he knows he won't get away with it.

Unlike Trump Biden knows that a Judge would issue a Stay order within minutes of the EO being signed. Biden is aware of how stupid one looks when that happens.

Look at Trump’s first hundred days. Every EO he signed was blocked by Judges.

I wrote this early in the thread. If Biden was dumb enough to sign such a thing, then widows and orphans would be trampled by Gun Rights Group lawyers stampeding to the Courthouse in a race to file the first Motion before the Court.

Instead you people wax on about who wouldn’t enforce it. How it could be resisted. The resulting chaos.

It would not, could not happen.

Judges would happily stay late to insure they were the first to get their name on the order Staying the EO.

You guys act like the only reason Biden doesn’t is that it would cause the Civil War. It wouldn’t have time to. If Biden signed it at 6PM on a Friday before a holiday weekend. Heck make it Christmas Eve. And even if it went into effect immediately. It would be stopped by a Judge in less than six hours.

That is why every single one of Trumps EO’s were stopped in no more than a couple days. The EO can’t violate either the Constitution or existing Federal Law.

Unlike Trump Biden knows that a Judge would issue a Stay order within minutes of the EO being signed. Biden is aware of how stupid one looks when that happens.

Look at Trump’s first hundred days. Every EO he signed was blocked by Judges.

I wrote this early in the thread. If Biden was dumb enough to sign such a thing, then widows and orphans would be trampled by Gun Rights Group lawyers stampeding to the Courthouse in a race to file the first Motion before the Court.

Instead you people wax on about who wouldn’t enforce it. How it could be resisted. The resulting chaos.

It would not, could not happen.

Judges would happily stay late to insure they were the first to get their name on the order Staying the EO.

You guys act like the only reason Biden doesn’t is that it would cause the Civil War. It wouldn’t have time to. If Biden signed it at 6PM on a Friday before a holiday weekend. Heck make it Christmas Eve. And even if it went into effect immediately. It would be stopped by a Judge in less than six hours.

That is why every single one of Trumps EO’s were stopped in no more than a couple days. The EO can’t violate either the Constitution or existing Federal Law.
500 Miles of Wall

I'll get it started-
Example- trannies

It's clear you have no understanding about the gun debate.

Forum List

Back