If abortions are murder…

IF ABORTIONS ARE MURDER…

Than the method and reason should not matter. Death penalty is murder. Abortions are murder. Putting a gun to someone’s head is murder. Collateral Damage is murder. Does it make a difference who that victim is? Rape, incest that produce a pregnancy and if that pregnancy is terminated it is not murder? Or life in a test tube terminated. What makes that life different from a life produced by a husband and wife, etc?

I agree 100%.

I doubt it.

Romney is more centrist than any candidate the GOP has yet to propose for office. They had all three branches of government at least once that I can remember since RvW was cleared by the SCOTUS and they didn't do anything about it. Do you really believe that a New England Republican will even try?

I don't doubt it.. He supports Ron Paul's position on it.

I disagree but hopefully, we will get a chance to find out who's right.:D

I do also.. I'm stating he supports and has supported FOR YEARS that abortion should be a State level position and OUT of the hands of the Federal Government. I agree with him.

The numbers are ABUNDANTLY clear.. Abortion

This country is not ruled by the Minority.. never has been. Just because they have big mouths and scream a lot, doesn't give them the right to dictate ANYTHING. As I stated, it's time for this issue to go the States.

Speaking of majorities:

A majority of Americans consistently oppose the overturning of Roe v. Wade

Abortion (2)

Roe v wade is not a conversation on the ethics of abortion. To overturn it would just put the decision in the states hands.

To overturn it would make it possible to pass a federal 'personhood' law, or the like, which could effectively ban all abortion.

President Mitt Romney with a Majority in both houses of Congress will send this to individual states, like Ron Paul has been stating for a very long time.

Protect All Human Life

Romney won't do anything to change anything regarding abortion.

No offense but coming from you that doesn't mean squat to me.

Your point?
Try being smart enough to realize Romney has to please the base on these social issues. Romney flip flopping on this issue is proof enough he won't do anything,

This country is not ruled by the Minority.. never has been. Just because they have big mouths and scream a lot, doesn't give them the right to dictate ANYTHING. As I stated, it's time for this issue to go the States.

Speaking of majorities:

A majority of Americans consistently oppose the overturning of Roe v. Wade

Abortion (2)

From what I read, there are more and more wacko fundies in the US and more people seem to be going to the far right. That's their business and as long as they keep their beliefs to themselves, I really don't care.

Majority/minority - has nothing at all to do with this issue.

Luissa
Romney flip flopping on this issue is proof enough he won't do anything,

And, there is no issue he has not flip flopped on several times.
ermahgerd-mitt-completely-wrong-flerp-flerps.png

Last edited:
My problem with abortion is the way it is portrayed. When you have an abortion you are ending a life. Don't try to color coat it with this it's not a life crap.

I think women should have control over their bodies but know, if you have an abortion, you are choosing to end a life. That's all.

President Mitt Romney with a Majority in both houses of Congress will send this to individual states, like Ron Paul has been stating for a very long time.

Protect All Human Life

You're right, Luissa. If it is changed, it needs to be changed by the people.

And I'm not talking about left or right or Catholic or Protestant or Jewish. I'm talking about the people. The people should determine whether that is returned to states or kept as is.

The issue is all about the American people. It is not about one leader who will be in office 4 years or 8 years, depending again, on whether the people feel he served their needs.

And I agree with you. Romney said he won't do anything to change the abortion law. He is well aware that is Congress' job, and he will not fiat abortion to death, imho.

I do hope for one thing, however. It would be good if either states or the congress or both decided exactly WHEN life begins. That is something I don't believe has been done.

I personally feel that lies somewhere between the mother and father and when and where the fertilized ovum implants itself. They say many do not implant, or implant improperly outside the uterus where they become a risk not only to the mother's life, but to the well-being of the fetus by perishing. Since an imminent certain death by hunger and starvation is not desirable, that is one of the times when abortion could be considered an act of mercy upon the entire family including the luckless fetus whose remains could cause severe problems and even sterilization to the mother's womb, giving her no chance to try again.

The only other issue I have with abortion is that its sheer numbers of over a million a year were never anticipated by the Supreme Court, and the government paying for all of it wasn't, either. That puts the government in the position of picking people's pockets who had no intention of ever engaging in the practice of abortion due to religious belief.

Also, I think the government ordering church facilities to do anything thus and so is an abridgment of the First Amendment and should be eschewed sans argument.

I'm against abortion being employed as a means of birth control. I'm not against it if the embryo or mother's life is certainly threatened.

I'm neither fundamentalist nor Roman Catholic, but I have read the Psalms, and I agree with King David's words to the effect that God knows you're there and growing in your mother before she does. I think those were words of love, gratitude, humility and wisdom spoken or sung within a decade of three thousand years ago.

My logic is if God knows you're there, you're alive. The founders did believe in a supreme being and in particular, God Almighty, God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob since the beginning.

No offense but coming from you that doesn't mean squat to me.

Your point?
Try being smart enough to realize Romney has to please the base on these social issues. Romney flip flopping on this issue is proof enough he won't do anything,

I don't need you to lecture me on my intelligence level, thank you. You need to worry about Barack Obama and all of the scandals he's swimming in instead of worrying about how I think.

My problem with abortion is the way it is portrayed. When you have an abortion you are ending a life. Don't try to color coat it with this it's not a life crap.

I think women should have control over their bodies but know, if you have an abortion, you are choosing to end a life. That's all.

yes and no ...

No woman makes the decision to abort with out knowing full well what the it means. OTOH, the fundie nuts "portray" it as a form of birth control when in fact, more than 2/3 of abortions are medically necessary and the result of some deep soul searching and a lot of broken hearts.

We give lip service to 'life being sacred' but in fact, its cheap and always has been. I'm certainly not suggesting that I agree with this but I do choose to live in the real world. If life were truly sacred, no one would say anything like '... why should I pay for your child blah blah blah ...' Nor would anyone suggest that hungry children in the US be ignored and we hear that from the right every day - including here in this thread with the incredibly foolish declaration that a woman should just 'keep her legs closed'. Reminds me of that idiot pubpot who said she should hold an aspirin between her knees.

Abortion is here to stay. Legal or not, we have always had abortion and will always have abortion. While the radical religious right will run screaming off to the hills in response to this, what we should be doing is making sure it is absolutely humane - for everyone involved, not the least of which is the fetus, because there really is no reason and no excuse for the suffering we allow now.

Nonetheless, the bottom line really is and will always be, its no one's business expect the woman's.

Okay, let the screeching begin.

So if the majority now want restrictive abortion and being only 7% total is due to rape, incest, life of the mother.. we can now cut back on the systemic slaughter of our children. This needs to go to the States and let the people decide. The UBER left and their small 25% no longer dictates this issue.

Link to Gallup: Abortion

I hate to tell you.... even if only 1% were pro choice.... the law would be the same.

This is not about what you or the masses want, its about how the law protects individuals FROM mob rule.

question...

how many adopted children do you have?

This has been my argument all along, it is legal to kill your kid....don't use euphemisms to make yourself "feel" beter.

Its killing a child.

Is it a life of its own?

Can you c-section it out at 12 weeks and it will ...live?

In my opinion it is no different then removing a parasite..... until it can survive WITH HELP outside a host body. At 12 weeks you are not ending a "life" you removing the potential for life.

Is it a life of its own?

In my opinion it is no different then removing a parasite..... until it can survive WITH HELP outside a host body. At 12 weeks you are not ending a "life" you removing the potential for life.

....and how many do you have?

Is it a life of its own?

....and how many do you have?

how many do i have...what?

Forum List

Back