If 3/4 of Your Legal Neighbors Agreed It Would The US Illegal Immigration Problem...

US Citizen ID Cards?

• Good Idea!

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Bad Idea!

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
Want to solve the illegal problem and with it 3/4 of this country's problems? Take over Mexico. Problem solved!

If it 3/4 of your legal neighbors agreed it would 'solve' the US illegal immigration problem, would you subject yourself to mandatory carrying of a US Citizen ID card with your photo, thumbprint and a magnetic strip with your biographical data on it?

-Joe

P.S. - It's a poll, but I type slow... gimme a sec...

We already do have ID and photo. All that is missing is the thumbprint. Does foot print count? I would not care because we are all open books anyway to the government.

If it 3/4 of your legal neighbors agreed it would 'solve' the US illegal immigration problem, would you subject yourself to mandatory carrying of a US Citizen ID card with your photo, thumbprint and a magnetic strip with your biographical data on it?

-Joe

No.

Why not?

Why not? MAybe because I do not believe in giving up my rights and being punished because of the actions of others?

So the fucking answer is a resounding...

NO!

Last edited:

-Joe

We already do have ID and photo. All that is missing is the thumbprint. Does foot print count? I would not care because we are all open books anyway to the government.
In once sense we have a national ID in our driver's licenses...check out the bar code(s) on the back. I remember when Massachusetts issued a license with an expanded bar code in order to come into line with other states on creating a national standard of sorts. But...

but...we are NOT required by law to carry and produce the license upon request by some power hungry moron in an ill fitting suit.

Fair enough.

I have to admit, I did NOT expect this poll to be a 50 / 50 split at this point.

:eusa_think:

New poll!

How many of y'all have a Social Security number on a flimsy paper card you're not supposed to laminate? Isn't that just a national ID that's pretty easy to forge?

-Joe

ID cards are a sensible measure for any civilized society, especially given our other concerns regarding people illegally crossing our borders.

I would support a national ID. It seems the next logical step dealing with illegal immigration and terrorism. I haven't read a convincing argument that it would have serious negative repercussions. These arguments sound more like paranoid anti-government hysteria than compelling reasoning.

I would support a national ID. It seems the next logical step dealing with illegal immigration and terrorism. I haven't read a convincing argument that it would have serious negative repercussions. These arguments sound more like paranoid anti-government hysteria than compelling reasoning.

Really? Is your head always up your head with ass backwards statements? The government has NOT made a compelling case FOR a national ID.

So you and your kind want us to be more like the commies and fascists of China, USSR et al...?

why not? » NO2ID

use google and see what others have to say on this matter

Hell ... many states now have micro ships in their ID's .... I just don't see how anything more would possibly help.

Really? Any liberal or freedom loving American should be horrified at the idea that we give up our freedoms because of fears of shitheads. :eusa_hand:

Two things.

One, I don't see how carrying an ID card is an infringement of any freedoms whatsoever. It isn't heavy, it fits in your pocket, and it doesn't even have GPS. You can probably even use it to pick cheap door locks.

Two, I'm not "liberal" by either the classical or the modern definition.

National ID cards are a positive step toward enhancing the security of our country without intrusive police measures. They allow us to conveniently determine who belongs in this country and who does not, allow us to identify persons living and dead in a timely fashion, and ID cards using modern information storage technology can allow us to make a number of government services and functions more efficient and more convenient for law-abiding citizens. Depending on what information is encoded upon them-- what information "civil libertarians" allow to be encoded on them-- they can be used to provide life-saving information to EMTs and other first responders, help keep sexual predators away from areas frequented by children, and virtually eliminate voter fraud.

Last edited:
ID cards are a sensible measure for any civilized society, especially given our other concerns regarding people illegally crossing our borders.

Really? Any liberal or freedom loving American should be horrified at the idea that we give up our freedoms because of fears of shitheads. :eusa_hand:

You are going to have to help me out here... I can't think of even one single thing that I can do now (with or without the governments 'permission') that I would not be able to do if I had a card in my possession that proved I was a US citizen....:confused:

The only thing that comes to mind is employ illegals, assuming I ran a company that employed people.

Please help me out with a short list of freedoms I would be giving up.

Thanks in advance!

-Joe

Want to solve the illegal problem and with it 3/4 of this country's problems? Take over Mexico. Problem solved!

And what, pray tell, would you recommend that we do with all of the Mexicans living there?

We can't even assimilate the couple million that come here every year. How are we going to integrate hundreds of millions of them into our society?

Really? Is your head always up your head with ass backwards statements? The government has NOT made a compelling case FOR a national ID.

So you and your kind want us to be more like the commies and fascists of China, USSR et al...?

why not? » NO2ID

Interesting web site, but they talk about things like data bases - which corporations already maintain and would not hesitate trading and / or selling to the highest bidder if not for government intervention. I know most marketing firms would pay dearly to down load our current Social Security Administration data base... what would be the harm in trading in our flimsy paper cards for ID cards that expire with a photo, making it more difficult for 5 or 6 Mexicans to get a SSN card with the same US birth certificate?

-Joe

why not? » NO2ID

Interesting web site, but they talk about things like data bases - which corporations already maintain and would not hesitate trading and / or selling to the highest bidder if not for government intervention. I know most marketing firms would pay dearly to down load our current Social Security Administration data base... what would be the harm in trading in our flimsy paper cards for ID cards that expire with a photo, making it more difficult for 5 or 6 Mexicans to get a SSN card with the same US birth certificate?

-Joe

I don't care about the databases, not paranoid so I don't see what harm they could do. As for anything else, really, what else could we do? I just don't see how they can make it less possible for forge without finding an excuse to charge us even more.

Two things.

One, I don't see how carrying an ID card is an infringement of any freedoms whatsoever. It isn't heavy, it fits in your pocket, and it doesn't even have GPS. You can probably even use it to pick cheap door locks.
First thing... the weight, size and features of an ID card/chip would not be what any rational person would use as a standard against which to judge the infringement of rights upon. WTF are you talking about?

Two, I'm not "liberal" by either the classical or the modern definition.
then you have my pity as well as my contempt.

National ID cards are a positive step toward enhancing the security of our country without intrusive police measures.

positive step? you're a freakin' nut!
They allow us to conveniently determine who belongs in this country and who does not, allow us to identify persons living and dead in a timely fashion, and ID cards using modern information storage technology can allow us to make a number of government services and functions more efficient and more convenient for law-abiding citizens. Depending on what information is encoded upon them-- what information "civil libertarians" allow to be encoded on them-- they can be used to provide life-saving information to EMTs and other first responders, help keep sexual predators away from areas frequented by children, and virtually eliminate voter fraud.
the 'potential' upside of anything listed above is overshadowed by the minutest downside. I do NOT want to be forced by any government agent (read: hack, idiot, moron with badge and ill-fitteing suit/and gun) to produce an ID to walk freely around my own country in pursuit of happiness. :evil:

You are going to have to help me out here... I can't think of even one single thing that I can do now (with or without the governments 'permission') that I would not be able to do if I had a card in my possession that proved I was a US citizen....:confused:

The only thing that comes to mind is employ illegals, assuming I ran a company that employed people.
Fuck the illegals and the horse you rode in on.

Just as with the gun issue...there are already enough laws to deal with illegal aliens. Enforce those and leave the rest of us normal Americans alone. :evil:
Please help me out with a short list of freedoms I would be giving up.

Thanks in advance!

-Joe
the freedom to walk around my own country unimpeded by the demands of proving who I am and that I hjave THE RIGHT toi be here...just because the government is unable and unwilling to enforce the border security.

people like you and others here who want to punish the rest of us in order to do a runaround of the government is making me angry enough to support sterilization for stupid people.

why not? » NO2ID

-Joe

an ID that expires? WTF? another conservative mandated government fee to process paper? I'm gonna be ill.

So you area big government con man?

Forum List

Back