If 3/4 of Your Legal Neighbors Agreed It Would The US Illegal Immigration Problem...

US Citizen ID Cards?

• Good Idea!

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Bad Idea!

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
If it 3/4 of your legal neighbors agreed it would 'solve' the US illegal immigration problem, would you subject yourself to mandatory carrying of a US Citizen ID card with your photo, thumbprint and a magnetic strip with your biographical data on it?

-Joe

P.S. - It's a poll, but I type slow... gimme a sec...

Last edited:
If it 3/4 of your legal neighbors agreed it would 'solve' the US illegal immigration problem, would you subject yourself to mandatory carrying of a US Citizen ID card with your photo, thumbprint and a magnetic strip with your biographical data on it?

-Joe

No.

-Joe

I would prefer a chip implanted in either my forehead or right hand.

-Joe

No.

Why not? The illegals are certainly not going to register... the only other option is to count the warm bodies (and account for them) that are supposed to be walking around between Canada and Mexico.

-Joe

-Joe

I would prefer a chip implanted in either my forehead or right hand.

Baby steps, brother!
:muahaha:

-Joe

-Joe

No.

Why not? The illegals are certainly not going to register... the only other option is to count the warm bodies (and account for them) that are supposed to be walking around between Canada and Mexico.

-Joe

I do not want the government having any more information on me than they currently do, hell I don't want them to have all they do!

Then there is the problem of the government increasing the need of information, restrictions, etc. What if they are lost? Stolen? What will be the penalties?

I want liberty, the nature of government is to 'control', they don't need additional tools.

-Joe

I do not want the government having any more information on me than they currently do, hell I don't want them to have all they do!

Then there is the problem of the government increasing the need of information, restrictions, etc. What if they are lost? Stolen? What will be the penalties?

I want liberty, the nature of government is to 'control', they don't need additional tools.

I understand your fear, but somebody has to have all that information on us...

What makes the private credit reporting companies and the private financial corporations more worthy to maintain that database?

What would those private corporations pay to down load a few choice years and / or names off of the Social Security Administrations Database, I wonder? :eusa_think:

-Joe

-Joe

What makes the private credit reporting companies and the private financial corporations more worthy to maintain that database?

What would those private corporations pay to down load a few choice years and / or names off of the Social Security Administrations Database, I wonder? :eusa_think:

-Joe

Hasn't a thing to do with 'fear' has everything to do with restraining government that gets its power from us, not the other way around.

-Joe

Hasn't a thing to do with 'fear' has everything to do with restraining government that gets its power from us, not the other way around.

Should we refuse to give our 'personal' information to every corporation that demands it? Can we live the lifestyle we've become accustomed to without having massive data bases tracking our every transaction? Are we willing to give up Social Security Mandatory Insurance against disability and retirement?

Is it worth it?

Once again, Average Joe has more questions than answers! :D

-Joe

-Joe

Should we refuse to give our 'personal' information to every corporation that demands it? Can we live the lifestyle we've become accustomed to without having massive data bases tracking our every transaction? Are we willing to give up Social Security Mandatory Insurance against disability and retirement?

Is it worth it?

Once again, Average Joe has more questions than answers! :D

-Joe

What we choose to give depends on what we wish to acquire. Not one business can demand any information, if one is not asking them for a thing. Government? That's different. Nope, not going there.

Hmmm. Too late now. Sans thumb print, they've already got all that with our driver's licenses, and pretty soon they'll have all of our electronic medical records on file, and the GPS chip is already in the cell phone...So what's left? :eusa_eh:

Hmmm. Too late now. Sans thumb print, they've already got all that with our driver's licenses, and pretty soon they'll have all of our electronic medical records on file, and the GPS chip is already in the cell phone...So what's left? :eusa_eh:

Only 11 states issue driver's licenses to illegals. Have the feds tell the states to stop, and voila', only legal citizens have driver's licenses.

I know...fat chance. There is a black market for driver's licenses. Just because the states won't issue them, doesn't mean the illegals won't get them.

Same with the "Legal US Citizen" card. If that is all that is needed to prove yourself legal, the black market will start making them.

Just as fast as they make driver's licenses.

(I think they should implant the chip in the knee)

Only 11 states issue driver's licenses to illegals. Have the feds tell the states to stop, and voila', only legal citizens have driver's licenses.

I know...fat chance. There is a black market for driver's licenses. Just because the states won't issue them, doesn't mean the illegals won't get them.

Same with the "Legal US Citizen" card. If that is all that is needed to prove yourself legal, the black market will start making them.

:lol: In the kneeeee!

I meant our licenses not the illegals. They already have all our info and a magnetic strip on the back, just no thumb print. Just feels like it's too late to protect our privacy, it's already all out there anyway. That's my response to Joe's question. Philosophically, I don't like it and I agree it can be potentially dangerous, but I'm afraid it's too late. We may as well get the illegals on the record somehow.

Last edited:

Good idea, implant my chip in my knee and implant the reading device in some bureaucrats groin.

:lol: In the kneeeee!

I meant our licenses not the illegals. They already have all our info and a magnetic strip on the back, just no thumb print. Just feels like it's too late to protect our privacy, it's already all out there anyway. That's my response to Joe's question. Philosophically, I don't like it and I agree it can be potentially dangerous, but I'm afraid it's too late.

Oh I know..I agree with you. All it would take is a few programmers and all our info would be in one place. I'm not crazy about it...but what are you going to do ?

Having U.S. citizens hold "Legal" I.D. cards would do nothing but increase the market of illegal U.S. citizen cards. It's here with driver's licenses, it will be here with those too.

I took the afternoon off and went to pick strawberries. Unmanned drones followed me all the way there and all the way back! :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back