Idiot Rush Limbaugh calls Bush Presidency the "Good Ol' Days"

Are you getting it yet cowboy?

It could not have been CRA because the level of loans required in that program would NEVER be enough to cause the scale of mess we ended up with.

Who ever is feeding you that information is lying to you.

Now that you know they were lying to you will you ask yourself why they lied to you?

Get your head out of your ass. Did you watch that video? Dems were warned in advance we were going to have a problem. CRA was a major factor in tipping the scale. It was enough to put is over the top.
You are blind and stupid. Maybe you just have a little crush on Barney Frank.

CRA had nothing..and I mean nothing..to do with the Subprime boondoggle.

You know absolutely nothing about finance and/or banking.

The subprime sales pitch sometimes was fueled with faxes and emails from lenders to brokers touting easier qualification for borrowers and attractive payouts for mortgage brokers who brought in business. One of the biggest weapons: a compensation structure that rewarded brokers for persuading borrowers to take a loan with an interest rate higher than the borrower might have qualified for.

The reason so many sub primes were written was people were making money off them

Cowboy I think you love this country but have just been willing to trust the wrong people.

There is no shame it that it happens to everyone once or twice in our lives.

Its time to stop trusting those people.

They are lying to you.

They are lying to you for the same reasons these bankers lied to their customers.........FOR MONEY!

Dow Jones went from around 6000 to around 13,000 under Obama. And unemployment went from 7.8 % to 9.1 % but under Bush it went from 4.2% to 7.8 %. No one who is honest could blame this economy on Obama. On a side note under Reagan unemployment was 11%.

You do realize Congress controls spending and the economy started to tank several months after the Democrats took control of Congress in 2007? Granted, the President can take a little credit or blame for the economy, but Congress controls the purse strings.

YOU do realize that the budget and spending several months after Nancy Pelosi became speaker was the budget passed by the Republcan Congress and signed by President Bush. At least I hope you simply lied, anything else suggests your ignorance of our system of government is absolute.

Non sequitur. My post was simply to point out that Congress controls the purse strings. (Just a little friendly advice: when you don't know what the hell you're talking about, it's best just to keep your mouth shut.)

You do realize Congress controls spending and the economy started to tank several months after the Democrats took control of Congress in 2007? Granted, the President can take a little credit or blame for the economy, but Congress controls the purse strings.

YOU do realize that the budget and spending several months after Nancy Pelosi became speaker was the budget passed by the Republcan Congress and signed by President Bush. At least I hope you simply lied, anything else suggests your ignorance of our system of government is absolute.

Non sequitur. My post was simply to point out that Congress controls the purse strings. (Just a little friendly advice: when you don't know what the hell you're talking about, it's best just to keep your mouth shut.)

Maybe you should take your own advice. The President submits the budget..then congress works on it..

If they pass it..the President can still veto it.

Subprime mortgages came from private lending institutions. I am talking about governments role in the housing bubble. Yes, 75% of the problem came from Subprime mortgages, but 2lbs of shit in a bag can be enough to tip a scale.

CRA was government's major role in all of this and that is what I am talking about. Governments roll.

Why are you defending CRA? Your just like Barney Frank

Last edited by a moderator:
Subprime mortgages came from private lending institutions. I am talking about governments role in the housing bubble. Yes, 75% of the problem came from Subprime mortgages, but 2lbs of shit in a bag can tip a scale.

CRA was government's major role in all of this and that is what I am talking about.

75%? Try like 99.9% of it.

The CRA was instrumental in the renaissance of blighted neighborhoods all over the country.

The "Good Old Days" were back in the '90s when employers would kiss your ass just to keep you happy and coming to work for them.

Maybe you should take your own advice. The President submits the budget..then congress works on it..

So are you saying Bush was a bad President? Say it ain't so! :lol:

bush-obama-morphing.jpg

The subprime sales pitch sometimes was fueled with faxes and emails from lenders to brokers touting easier qualification for borrowers and attractive payouts for mortgage brokers who brought in business. One of the biggest weapons: a compensation structure that rewarded brokers for persuading borrowers to take a loan with an interest rate higher than the borrower might have qualified for.

The reason so many sub primes were written was people were making money off them

I would add that today those people who made the money, agents, brokers and bankers are now buying homes for cash at prices 20, 30, 40 percent less than the property sold for or was refinanced at in 2006 and 2007. Shutting out first time homebuyers and families who now wait many weeks or months simply to have a loan funded.

Shutting out conventional buyers is changing the face of entire neighborhoods. As homes area foreclosed the very wealthy buy property on the county courthouse steps (literally) for dimes on the dollar and write a check on the spot.

Watch these 'auctions' sometime, the agents doing the bidding don't even pretend to out each other. It's a conspiracy among them to keep prices low and screw the holder of the note, generally a pension fund or some other investment which bought a bundle of shit from one of the banks Bush bailed out.

The entire system is corrupt; a system which is the archetype for all markets when left free and unregulated.

bush-obama-morphing.jpg

Okay..you probably voted for Bush twice.

You voted for Obama?:lol:

Subprime mortgages came from private lending institutions. I am talking about governments role in the housing bubble. Yes, 75% of the problem came from Subprime mortgages, but 2lbs of shit in a bag can tip a scale.

CRA was government's major role in all of this and that is what I am talking about.

75%? Try like 99.9% of it.

The CRA was instrumental in the renaissance of blighted neighborhoods all over the country.

LMAO Your an idiot! What a bunch of BS

CRA is a proven failure 9 out of 10 are in, are predicted to be in or have been foreclosed on. Great program genius!!

bush-obama-morphing.jpg

I've always voted 3rd Party when it comes to Presidential elections. I got tired a long time ago voting for the lesser of two evils and decided to vote for people who are qualified to do the job. That said, I can't blame people voting for Bush in 2000 because Clinton was such a crook and Obama in 2008 because of the Bush failures. But anyone who voted for Bush twice or will vote for Obama in 2012 is just a special kind of stupid.

bush-obama-morphing.jpg

["YOU do realize that the budget and spending several months after Nancy Pelosi became speaker was the budget passed by the Republcan Congress and signed by President Bush. At least I hope you simply lied, anything else suggests your ignorance of our system of government is absolute." is not a non sequitur, as you have accused.]

"non sequitur"? Bulllshit. You're point was simply to blame the Democrats yet you are too ignorant to realize the crisis was not precipitated by anything the Democratic Congress had done, it was based on what the Republican Congress did and didn't do and signed off by President Bush. And, the buck stopped at the White House. Bush singed whatever the Congress put on his desk.

It's really not hard to admit when you fuck up, man up and be honest once in a while.

Last edited:
Subprime mortgages came from private lending institutions. I am talking about governments role in the housing bubble. Yes, 75% of the problem came from Subprime mortgages, but 2lbs of shit in a bag can be enough to tip a scale.

CRA was government's major role in all of this and that is what I am talking about. Governments roll.

Why are you defending CRA? Your just like Barney Frank

YouTube - ‪Bill O'Reilly Angry At Barney Frank (10-2-08)‬‏

The CRA sub primes would NEVER have been enough to make thois problem.

It was the Banks who were allowed to play facst and lose with the truth because of Gramm Leach Bliely was passed and then the Bush SEC help up the part of the bill that dealt with the broker rules.

They SEC which had its people appointed by Bush directly kept the part of the bill that was written to protect the people from the banks doing JUST WHAT THEY DID.

Now when will you stop repeting that failed meme that the CRA caused this and its all barney franks fault when anyone who knows the facts realises how DEAD WRONG that line of partisan dribble is?

It only flies with poeople who dont know the facts.

Please for the sake of the country lets talk the truths about the mess or we can never solves it.

bush-obama-morphing.jpg

"non sequitur"? Bulllshit. You're point was simply to blame the Democrats yet you are too ignorant to realize the crisis was not precipitated by anything the Democratic Congress had done, it was based on what the Republican Congress did and didn't do and signed off by President Bush. And, the buck stopped at the White House. Bush singed whatever the Congress put on his desk.

It's really not hard to admit when you fuck up, man up and be honest once in a while.

:lol: You're a mind reader, too, eh? :lol:

You're just bigoted against anyone who disagrees with you. I'm glad I don't live in your fantasy world.

bush-obama-morphing.jpg

I've always voted 3rd Party when it comes to Presidential elections. I got tired a long time ago voting for the lesser of two evils and decided to vote for people who are qualified to do the job. That said, I can't blame people voting for Bush in 2000 because Clinton was such a crook and Obama in 2008 because of the Bush failures. But anyone who voted for Bush twice or will vote for Obama in 2012 is just a special kind of stupid.

Okay..I respect the fact you voted third party...but calling other people "stupid" is a different story.

But at least your not a hypocrite in this regard.

Brokers caused this problem because thehy were in a postition to make more money by writing bad loans than good ones.

The resason the scum did it was the Broker laws were never put in place until right before Bush left office.

The banks could hire whomever they wanted and make them a broker.

You have ignored the warnings just like your buddy Barney Frank. I am sure you were one of those defending CRA as Bush warned against it. You may have even got your house through the program. But to deny that it played a major role in the housing bubble is the real partisan crap.

I have a golf tourney to go to.

I have no agenda here, but I guess you have to do the old Ronald Reagan question here, "are you better off then you were four years ago?"

It hasn't been four years since Bush left us with a wrecked economy but yes.
I would like to know how Under Obama this nation is much better off than when it was under Bush?

-We are now in 4 wars (2 undeclared and of them "secret")
-We have lost millions of jobs
-The dollar is so weak credit agencies and foreign nations are dumping it
-Many creditors are wary of us defaulting on our out of control spending
-Government Spending has increased 400% or more
-It will take almost 30 years to get back to the employment numbers we had in 2007.
-The middle east is in chaos
-Gas prices have been really trying to break the 4 dollar barrier and rise even higher while domestic oil production shrinks

Yeah... what's to like about W's reign of terror as compared to Bracket's reign of glory?

Forum List

Back