Ideas to solve unemployment

i think the financial sector is having problems, but even that is not terminal illness. we're experiencing the drag of a recession/depression in hugely leveraged and influential portion of the economy, but that has nothing to do with the fact that people like new shit that might not be crucial to everyday survival.

i'll concede that because you maintain a consistent dire pessimism about the economy, consumers, consumption, and the products involved, i cant argue that granted your perspective, the world and the economy are shit. we probably just see the things and people around us differently.

the economy is a mess as far as the eye can see Antagon. Consumerism, monetarism and mangled keynesism have been proven flawed. The entire developed world's economy is in the crapper.

Buying things you don't need with money you don't have only goes so far.

the economy is a mess as far as the eye can see Antagon. Consumerism, monetarism and mangled keynesism have been proven flawed. The entire developed world's economy is in the crapper.

Buying things you don't need with money you don't have only goes so far.

Truth! On personal, govenment and corporate levels.

Debts MUST be repaid.

chalk it up to my persistent optimism. i'm here in one of the hardest hit economies in the country and operating a business in one of the hardest hit sectors. notwithstanding that, i dont see where there's fundamental flaws in hardly anything outside of the idea that futures legitimately mitigate risk. this is a financial sector issue. as a result, and the wider economy has been forced to be more disciplined or emulate discipline in their consumer choices... but that's typical of every recession i've ever witnessed.

so are the prophets of armageddon.

chalk it up to my persistent optimism. i'm here in one of the hardest hit economies in the country and operating a business in one of the hardest hit sectors. notwithstanding that, i dont see where there's fundamental flaws in hardly anything outside of the idea that futures legitimately mitigate risk. this is a financial sector issue. as a result, and the wider economy has been forced to be more disciplined or emulate discipline in their consumer choices... but that's typical of every recession i've ever witnessed.

so are the prophets of armageddon.

"The United States is no longer a free-enterprise society, Galbraith argues, but a structured state controlled by the largest companies. Advertising is the means by which these companies manage demand and create consumer "need" where none previously existed. Multinational corporations are the continuation of this power system on an international level. The goal of these companies is not the betterment of society, but immortality through an uninterrupted stream of earnings." Amazon.com: The New Industrial State (The James Madison Library in American Politics) (9780691131412): John Kenneth Galbraith, Sean Wilentz, James K. Galbraith: Books

indeed.

exactly. i dont buy that sort of bullshit. it is the same world as there has always been, except when people are looking to understand what a recession is, folks with time and clever words work on this villain-based armageddon shit and make a good living. an uninterrupted stream of their own.

read midcan's quote and tell me if that's not villain-spin on say's law.

Say's law was an abstraction. I have little use for abstract economics but am instead far more concerned about real world special circumstances that continually trump abstract constants.

What is most important in economics is the myriad ways in which the real world economy defies the abstracts.
The myriad ways in which the markets are not free, and are not capitalistic. That's where all the juice is.

i think say's is pretty concrete. attributing conspiracy to the facts it lays out is abstract. i've lost track of why we're talking about this. maybe just for the sake of it.

more or less. What % of our productivity is assigned toward the replication of techno crap and machines we do not need?

The irony of the above moron making this post on the Techno Crap Internets on a Machine (he may or may not NEED) is quite telling.

I bet he owns a cell phone as well. And a TV. And a microwave...

more or less. What % of our productivity is assigned toward the replication of techno crap and machines we do not need?

The irony of the above moron making this post on the Techno Crap Internets on a Machine (he may or may not NEED) is quite telling.

You owe me whatever you bet. In your case I'll take that in cash. I don't watch TV, haven't for a decade and I don't own a cell phone, threw it away in 98.

You must feel like a moron.

i think say's is pretty concrete. attributing conspiracy to the facts it lays out is abstract. i've lost track of why we're talking about this. maybe just for the sake of it.

Say's law is an abstract. And I wasn't attributing conspiracy to it.

You owe me whatever you bet. In your case I'll take that in cash. I don't watch TV, haven't for a decade and I don't own a cell phone, threw it away in 98.

:shock: i have 3 cell phones. who's madder among us?

whatever the answer to that, the root of our disagreement has been discovered.

i'm not sure what you mean by abstract, but the proposal that specific demand (that is for a given product) is a product of existence or awareness of that product is one way of looking at say's for the purposes of our discussion. noting that marketing and advertising promote that awareness on the behalf of businesses which create that existence of a product, that supply is one thing. claiming that this is some new, gubmint-endorsed, massive consumer-control paradigm does smack of conspiracy speak.

im particularly referring to the quote of midcan's but you've gone down that path adding flourishes to common-sense facts of economics.

Hardly. You are still using the Techno Crap Internets and a computer, you sorry little excuse for a human being.

Hardly. You are still using the Techno Crap Internets and a computer, you sorry little excuse for a human being.

But unlike you I don't need them, consume them gratuitously or idolize the culture that peddles them like drugs.

And your childish need for attention is a LAFFRIOT! You sorry little excuse for a hive insect!:razz::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Loosesynapses demures like a true addict.

He uses the Technocrap Internets and a computer, but doesn't need them.

I call shenanigans. If he doesn't need them, then he should abandon them altogether.

i'm not sure what you mean by abstract, but the proposal that specific demand (that is for a given product) is a product of existence or awareness of that product is one way of looking at say's for the purposes of our discussion. noting that marketing and advertising promote that awareness on the behalf of businesses which create that existence of a product, that supply is one thing. claiming that this is some new, gubmint-endorsed, massive consumer-control paradigm does smack of conspiracy speak.

im particularly referring to the quote of midcan's but you've gone down that path adding flourishes to common-sense facts of economics.

Marketing is an industry that manufactures demand.

ab·stract (b-strkt, bstrkt)
adj.
1. Considered apart from concrete existence: an abstract concept.
2. Not applied or practical; theoretical. See Synonyms at theoretical.
3. Difficult to understand; abstruse: abstract philosophical problems.
4. Thought of or stated without reference to a specific instance: abstract words like truth and justice.
5. Impersonal, as in attitude or views.
6. Having an intellectual and affective artistic content that depends solely on intrinsic form rather than on narrative content or pictorial representation: abstract painting and sculpture.

Logic and math are abstracts, so are man made "laws", esp when they exist purely in a hypothetical realm.

Forum List

Back