Ideas to solve unemployment

Loosesynapses demures like a true addict.

He uses the Technocrap Internets and a computer, but doesn't need them.

I call shenanigans. If he doesn't need them, then he should abandon them altogether.

you are so cute when you get all infantile!

While you are always a hypocrite as long as you are using the Technocrap Internets and a computer.

There you go. Without change there can be no improvement.

Change is not always improvement.

That is true. Not all change is improvement, but all improvement is change.

This is why there are people who are pioneers in a "first to market" sense and those who will stick with the proven.

The pioneers have the greatest potential for big changes in either direction in their bank accounts.

more or less. What % of our productivity is assigned toward the replication of techno crap and machines we do not need?

The irony of the above moron making this post on the Techno Crap Internets on a Machine (he may or may not NEED) is quite telling.

I bet he owns a cell phone as well. And a TV. And a microwave...

How do any of these life essentials connect to the term "techno crap"? Maybe at their inception, but now these things are as essential to our life style and pace as the electric mix master was to our parents.

I don't even know if we own a mix master. I did like licking the beaters around holiday time.

Say's law is an abstract. And I wasn't attributing conspiracy to it.

i'm not sure what you mean by abstract, but the proposal that specific demand (that is for a given product) is a product of existence or awareness of that product is one way of looking at say's for the purposes of our discussion. noting that marketing and advertising promote that awareness on the behalf of businesses which create that existence of a product, that supply is one thing. claiming that this is some new, gubmint-endorsed, massive consumer-control paradigm does smack of conspiracy speak.

im particularly referring to the quote of midcan's but you've gone down that path adding flourishes to common-sense facts of economics.

Marketing is an industry that manufactures demand.

ab·stract (b-strkt, bstrkt)
adj.
1. Considered apart from concrete existence: an abstract concept.
2. Not applied or practical; theoretical. See Synonyms at theoretical.
3. Difficult to understand; abstruse: abstract philosophical problems.
4. Thought of or stated without reference to a specific instance: abstract words like truth and justice.
5. Impersonal, as in attitude or views.
6. Having an intellectual and affective artistic content that depends solely on intrinsic form rather than on narrative content or pictorial representation: abstract painting and sculpture.

Logic and math are abstracts, so are man made "laws", esp when they exist purely in a hypothetical realm.

things are at once in focus when supporting a claim like marketing manufacturing demand and abstract when appreciating that demand is only specific with a product to guage it against. i cant argue anything in your dimension. it is so much different than where i'm at.

i'm not sure what you mean by abstract, but the proposal that specific demand (that is for a given product) is a product of existence or awareness of that product is one way of looking at say's for the purposes of our discussion. noting that marketing and advertising promote that awareness on the behalf of businesses which create that existence of a product, that supply is one thing. claiming that this is some new, gubmint-endorsed, massive consumer-control paradigm does smack of conspiracy speak.

im particularly referring to the quote of midcan's but you've gone down that path adding flourishes to common-sense facts of economics.

Marketing is an industry that manufactures demand.

ab·stract (b-strkt, bstrkt)
adj.
1. Considered apart from concrete existence: an abstract concept.
2. Not applied or practical; theoretical. See Synonyms at theoretical.
3. Difficult to understand; abstruse: abstract philosophical problems.
4. Thought of or stated without reference to a specific instance: abstract words like truth and justice.
5. Impersonal, as in attitude or views.
6. Having an intellectual and affective artistic content that depends solely on intrinsic form rather than on narrative content or pictorial representation: abstract painting and sculpture.

Logic and math are abstracts, so are man made "laws", esp when they exist purely in a hypothetical realm.

things are at once in focus when supporting a claim like marketing manufacturing demand and abstract when appreciating that demand is only specific with a product to guage it against. i cant argue anything in your dimension. it is so much different than where i'm at.

OK, but merely discussing "demand" as an abstract is itself an abstraction.

It's like discussing liberalism vs conservatism, fully aware that both are abstract delineations.

Demand is the will and ability to transact. Hypothetical demand is something else entirely.

its neither here nor there, i guess. demand is an abstract in the way you put it. it is a force in an economy like gravity and electromagnatism in nature i suppose. we can appreciate its strength through price where supply is stable. in this way your marketing mfrs demand is testable, failing if at all semantically.

that said, do you think that demand should be manufactured for american-made goods? i am not disagreeable with that position, but i put forward that marketing is not the strongest force affecting the flow of purchasing power. i reiterrate that price probably dominates this matter in the same way which it has since the dawn of commerce.

granted this truism, wouldn't more direct support for american businesses be more sensible? more direct support for american labor than some campaign for american-made goods?

support for American businesses would be good, in fact that is usually how governments build economies.

But if I had only one stone I want to kill more than one bird with it. I want to balance the trade deficit. I believe that mercantilism is a real factor in all nation state economies.

I also want to avoid feeding my adversaries. Only one nation gets to be the sole superpower. And that's the source of our great wealth.

Besides witnessing the currency war I don't know if it is possible to subsidize business here enough to offset the gravity of the yuan/dollar peg.

Forum List

Back