I won the lottery of life, I am English.

They were selling frozen turkeys in Morrisons supermarket last Friday, the wife picked up a large one. They must be going cheap as it was Ā£18 I remember last year trying to get one, the bleeder cost Ā£24 as we bought it very late for Xmas.

As my wife is a northern bint she is very practical, she buys Ā£6 worth of Xmas stamps from Morrisonā€™s every week, normally she has Ā£250 to feed me the 2 weeks I have off work over the Xmas holidays...booze and food.....I usually put on over half a stone, thatā€™s 7lbs for you colonists. :)

Iā€™ve just sent a Tweet to Jeremy Corbyn. Itā€™s derogatory, so i wont bore you with what I said. :)

I tried sending him a letter.

it came back from Nablus saying "Undeliverable" though.

I am a union member of ā€œUniteā€ if I wanted to I could email him.
That would be nice.

You should mention that I just finished writing my new book. It's a thriller called "The terrorist at #10 Downing"

My publisher is waiting until after the next election to decide to market it as fiction or non-fiction.

I find England very beautiful specially the landscapes in Barnaby i like this serie

inspector-barnaby-mit-fuenf-neuen-folgen-im-zdf.jpg

860859356-cottage-maison-individuelle-angleterre-nuageux.jpg

Draughty and damp. Those 'idyllic' villages, situated down the M40 corridor, must be the most murderous places on earth.

Regarding Midsomer Murders, the French dub things.

There's a new Barnaby now, btw.

Mindful, you are English ? I did not know it, I thought you were American.
I'm not watching the serie since John Nettles left

Did you not pick up on my spelling? :2up:

Yes, no one can replace John Nettles.

But no, I do not pick up ... that's the barrier of languages.
I try not to make too many mistakes, but well and I must also understand the expressions.

How much time have you spent in England?
You seem to have a very good understanding of English and grammar.

I have never been to visit England once before but I think maybe in the near future to go with my family, I am the only one who "speaks" in English, we will leave from Normandy

Draughty and damp. Those 'idyllic' villages, situated down the M40 corridor, must be the most murderous places on earth.

Regarding Midsomer Murders, the French dub things.

There's a new Barnaby now, btw.

Mindful, you are English ? I did not know it, I thought you were American.
I'm not watching the serie since John Nettles left

Did you not pick up on my spelling? :2up:

Yes, no one can replace John Nettles.

But no, I do not pick up ... that's the barrier of languages.
I try not to make too many mistakes, but well and I must also understand the expressions.

How much time have you spent in England?
You seem to have a very good understanding of English and grammar.

I have never been to visit England once before but I think maybe in the near future to go with my family, I am the only one who "speaks" in English, we will leave from Normandy

We may be related, I have French DNA

Iā€™ve just sent a Tweet to Jeremy Corbyn. Itā€™s derogatory, so i wont bore you with what I said. :)

I tried sending him a letter.

it came back from Nablus saying "Undeliverable" though.

I am a union member of ā€œUniteā€ if I wanted to I could email him.
That would be nice.

You should mention that I just finished writing my new book. It's a thriller called "The terrorist at #10 Downing"

My publisher is waiting until after the next election to decide to market it as fiction or non-fiction.

I love writing short stories, Hemingway wrote mostly on things heā€™d seen or was told about, my style is similar. My stories are fictional with the truth embedded within, all of my stories have a theme, but with the added bonus of a sting in the tail.

Roy.

I found it.

Le Helleguy
56310 Quistinic
Brittany
France

View attachment 292203 View attachment 292204

:) Typical Gite in Brittany, it looks fantastic. :113:

All Gites like that have the barbecue 50m away from the main house. Barbecue fires in remote villages are pretty expensive :)

Alas, no more. The owners sold the cottages, and retired to Finistere.

Iā€™ve stayed around the area of Finestere, I bought some ā€œChouchenā€ a local brew there I remember, brewed with honey, a type of mead, quite strong. We stayed near a place called Rosporden.

Roy.

I found it.

Le Helleguy
56310 Quistinic
Brittany
France

All Gites like that have the barbecue 50m away from the main house. Barbecue fires in remote villages are pretty expensive :)

Iā€™ve stayed around the area of Finestere, I bought some ā€œChouchenā€ a local brew there I remember, brewed with honey, a type of mead, quite strong. We stayed near a place called Rosporden.

I like the look of that region. Windswept coastline. Pirates? Half timbered buildings.

Roy.

I found it.

Le Helleguy
56310 Quistinic
Brittany
France

I like the look of that region. Windswept coastline. Pirates? Half timbered buildings.
My new wife wonā€™t let me take her to France for vacations, she was born of older parents, her father was captured by the Germans and spent the whole of the war as a prisoner, he claimed they were marched through France and the French villagers refused to give them water.
No matter what I say or do she wonā€™t budge on it. Her words are ā€œfuck the Frog bastards!ā€
Well thatā€™s it, no more Brittany holidays for me unless she snuffs it first. :(

Roy.

I found it.

Le Helleguy
56310 Quistinic
Brittany
France

My new wife wonā€™t let me take her to France for vacations, she was born of older parents, her father was captured by the Germans and spent the whole of the war as a prisoner, he claimed they were marched through France and the French villagers refused to give them water.
No matter what I say or do she wonā€™t budge on it. Her words are ā€œfuck the Frog bastards!ā€
Well thatā€™s it, no more Brittany holidays for me unless she snuffs it first. :(

I spent an evening with a Frog in a bar earlier this year. At one of our International Meetups. We spent the whole time insulting each other (that French/English rivalry) It was great fun. He had a winning smile, and has relocated to Lille.

Itā€™s Black Friday!! I bought an Arsenal travel mug from eBay, call it a little treat, Iā€™ve been a good boy recently.

You've certainly fallen from grace, descending into the USMB den of iniquity.

In my Anglo Saxon backwater we play rugby, football is rather frowned upon, the only time I watch any are FA cup games on the BBC or watching it on BTsports channels.
Iā€™ve refused to sign up to the SKY package for premier league games preferring to go Down the pub and watching with a real ale or 3.
Arsenal are my team of choice.... Iā€™m sorry Iā€™ll get me coat!

Itā€™s Black Friday!! I bought an Arsenal travel mug from eBay, call it a little treat, Iā€™ve been a good boy recently.

In my Anglo Saxon backwater we play rugby, football is rather frowned upon, the only time I watch any are FA cup games on the BBC or watching it on BTsports channels.
Iā€™ve refused to sign up to the SKY package for premier league games preferring to go Down the pub and watching with a real ale or 3.

The only football (I refuse to call it soccer) that interests me is the World Cup. The last one being at an Irish Pub just outside DC. Substantial presence of Americans who were really into it.

The only football (I refuse to call it soccer) that interests me is the World Cup. The last one being at an Irish Pub just outside DC. Substantial presence of Americans who were really into it.

Invented in..... you guessed it.... England :)

The early history of American football can be traced to early versions of rugby football and association football.Both games have their origin in varieties of football played in Britain in the mid-19th century, in which a football is kicked at a goal or run over a line, which in turn were based on the varieties of English public school football games.

Wiki.

Some have traced it back to Ancient Greece.

Forum List

Back