I will bribe you so hard

Trump Warns That Companies Shipping Jobs Overseas Will Be Slapped With Enormous Bribes
By Andy Borowitz, The New Yorker

03 December 16

ec
The article below is satire. Andy Borowitz is an American comedian and New York Times-bestselling author who satirizes the news for his column, "The Borowitz Report."
ec

ec
resident-elect Donald J. Trump drew a line in the sand on Friday as he warned that U.S. companies planning to ship jobs overseas will be slapped with enormous bribes.

“If you think you’re going to get away with sending jobs out of the U.S., think again,” Trump said. “You are about to be bribed, big league.”

He raised the cautionary example of Carrier Corporation, which this week decided to keep a few hundred jobs in the U.S. in exchange for a seven-million-dollar government incentive. “I warned those boys at Carrier: we can do this the easy way, or the hard way, where you get seven million dollars,” he said. “They backed down so fast—it was terrific.”

The President-elect said that the Carrier story should strike fear into the hearts of all American businesses that might be contemplating shipping jobs overseas. “Do you really want to wind up like Carrier, with seven million dollars in your pockets?” he asked. “I don’t think so.”

In a parting shot, Trump warned companies that he was prepared to back up his tough rhetoric with even tougher action. “I will bribe you so hard, your grandchildren will get paid,” he threatened.
Whole lot of truth here....The loud mouthed dump has a bad arm from patting himself on the back
The message you are sending to all those Democrats who voted for Trump, turning blue states red and making him the president-elect, is that they made the right choice. Even before taking office, Trump is out there doing whatever he has to do to save American jobs, while Democrats continue to snicker at the concerns of these workers.

Which candidates do you think these voters will vote for in the midterm elections: those who support Trump's efforts to save American jobs and bring back some of the jobs that left, or those who, like Obama, will continue to chuckle at efforts to put Americans back to work?

More language twisting liberals believing that striking a deal is a bribe.
Call it what you like, it is still going to be a failure. Those jobs are not here to stay. Trump promised penalties for moving jobs out of the country but the republicans would die before a bill like that lands on his desk. That leaves them with tax incentives that simply cannot equal what they save using third world labor.

You far left drones said that about the Trump campaign.

So since you say it will be a failure that means in reality it will be a success..

Why to wish failure for America.
Your track record stinks ,,Why should it improve now?? You gave the world GWB recession and war What's next ?? CANCER??

Trump Warns That Companies Shipping Jobs Overseas Will Be Slapped With Enormous Bribes

03 December 16

ec
The article below is satire. Andy Borowitz is an American comedian and New York Times-bestselling author who satirizes the news for his column, "The Borowitz Report."
ec

ec
resident-elect Donald J. Trump drew a line in the sand on Friday as he warned that U.S. companies planning to ship jobs overseas will be slapped with enormous bribes.

“If you think you’re going to get away with sending jobs out of the U.S., think again,” Trump said. “You are about to be bribed, big league.”

He raised the cautionary example of Carrier Corporation, which this week decided to keep a few hundred jobs in the U.S. in exchange for a seven-million-dollar government incentive. “I warned those boys at Carrier: we can do this the easy way, or the hard way, where you get seven million dollars,” he said. “They backed down so fast—it was terrific.”

The President-elect said that the Carrier story should strike fear into the hearts of all American businesses that might be contemplating shipping jobs overseas. “Do you really want to wind up like Carrier, with seven million dollars in your pockets?” he asked. “I don’t think so.”

In a parting shot, Trump warned companies that he was prepared to back up his tough rhetoric with even tougher action. “I will bribe you so hard, your grandchildren will get paid,” he threatened.
Whole lot of truth here....The loud mouthed dump has a bad arm from patting himself on the back
The message you are sending to all those Democrats who voted for Trump, turning blue states red and making him the president-elect, is that they made the right choice. Even before taking office, Trump is out there doing whatever he has to do to save American jobs, while Democrats continue to snicker at the concerns of these workers.

Which candidates do you think these voters will vote for in the midterm elections: those who support Trump's efforts to save American jobs and bring back some of the jobs that left, or those who, like Obama, will continue to chuckle at efforts to put Americans back to work?
Too much You'll be lucky if Dump is still president in 4 years

03 December 16

ec
ec

ec

We will all be lucky and the luckiest of all will be the Democrats who voted for him because he has addressed their concerns about losing jobs to low wage countries. You'' also be lucky although it's not clear you will realize it.

I'm working on my liberal lexicon. This will help translate libspeak into English:

bribe = tax relief
greed = success
hate = disagreement

You should have a lot more than that!
I do.

open minded = agrees with me
racist = doesn't agree with me
homophobe = really doesn't agree with me
rich = Republican
redneck = somebody that lives between California and New York
equality = gender neutral
man = person that thinks they are a man
woman = person that thinks they are a woman
disenfranchised = everybody not a white male regardless of self identity

Call it what you like, it is still going to be a failure. Those jobs are not here to stay. Trump promised penalties for moving jobs out of the country but the republicans would die before a bill like that lands on his desk. That leaves them with tax incentives that simply cannot equal what they save using third world labor.

What I find disturbing is that those here on the Left seem content to allow jobs of the workers, whose taxes pay for their beloved entitlement programs, go off shore.

Looks kind of oxymoronic to me.

03 December 16

ec
ec

ec

We will all be lucky and the luckiest of all will be the Democrats who voted for him because he has addressed their concerns about losing jobs to low wage countries. You'' also be lucky although it's not clear you will realize it.
He's in violation of the constitution as soon as he takes the oath

What I find disturbing is that those here on the Left seem content to allow jobs of the workers, whose taxes pay for their beloved entitlement programs, go off shore.

Maybe not the real left. It's just the faux left that supported Clinton. Sanders pretty much agreed with Trump on saving American jobs from going to low wage countries.

03 December 16

ec
ec

ec

He's in violation of the constitution as soon as he takes the oath
lol There you go again, giving voters even more reasons to vote for Trump and those congressional candidates who support his efforts to make America great again.

The trouble many are having is that republicans have never lifted a finger to stop the job loss. Many republicans, in fact, facilitated the outsourcing phenomena. Now thirty plus years after it started some republicans suddenly care, hijacking the left's economic justice agenda they fought for so long. Excuse me if this sudden 180 turn seems terribly disingenuous. Closing the barn door decades after the horses got out is simply not going to work at this late date. We now need policies that promote innovation and protect those jobs. Unfortunately our greatest current innovations are in alternatives to fossil energy and the republicans are about to do everything they can to kill it.

The trouble many are having is that republicans have never lifted a finger to stop the job loss. Many republicans, in fact, facilitated the outsourcing phenomena. Now thirty plus years after it started some republicans suddenly care, hijacking the left's economic justice agenda they fought for so long. Excuse me if this sudden 180 turn seems terribly disingenuous. Closing the barn door decades after the horses got out is simply not going to work at this late date. We now need policies that promote innovation and protect those jobs. Unfortunately our greatest current innovations are in alternatives to fossil energy and the republicans are about to do everything they can to kill it.

Nice story... but reality it doesn't make.

Can you believe a magazine called the New Yorker is unaware that the democrat controlled New York State has been for a couple of years and still is offering businesses and corporations massive tax breaks for relocating to the Empire State? Obama could have done it but he never gave a shit about the middle class.

Nice story... but reality it doesn't make.
Another republican who cannot remember ever treating the Friedman doctrine as gospel handed down from God.

Forum List

Back