I went to Israel last year

They were kept from Jerusalem from the time of the Bar Kochba revolt till the time of Constantine, about 200 years. The temple was demolished so completely that there was no record of it when the romans got done with it. The city was rebuilt on a different plan.

The City of David was rediscovered only recently. It was outside the city for 2000 years.

(that said, this is just trolling for its own sake)

They were kept from Jerusalem from the time of the Bar Kochba revolt till the time of Constantine, about 200 years. The temple was demolished so completely that there was no record of it when the romans got done with it. The city was rebuilt on a different plan.

The City of David was rediscovered only recently. It was outside the city for 2000 years.

"Record of it" is in the huge volumes of Jewish works written in the land,.
200 years of foreigners banning Jews from their capital Jerusalem, did not manage to erase the identity and knowledge. When all other nations and faiths have been pointing at the same spot as well -. one needs to be a real troll to claim it could be lost.

Is there a chance You came to visit Israel with a UNESCO delegation?

200 years of foreigners banning Jews from their capital Jerusalem, did not manage to erase the identity and knowledge. When all other nations and faiths have been pointing at the same spot as well -. one needs to be a real troll to claim it could be lost.

heaven forbid. There is enough in the old city and the City of David to make UNESCO a laughing stock.

Over by the Hurvah beit Knesset there is an underground (about 30'?) archeological site from 2nd temple period. It is a ritzy (for its day) house.

On the other side of the Hurva beit Knesset there is another archeological site, the Cardo. It is 15' under street level.

Jews were here for sure for a long long long time.

I just have a hard time believing that Herod built a grand temple and a small fort. Herod, for personal security if nothing else, would build a huge fort and a small temple

where? I had a trip. It was fun. I intend to bore you with it if you will let me.

Please bore us. Why did you go to Israel?
I decided to go in May to go the first week of November because I was a "never Trumper." Israel was always on my bucket list. I have been to Stalingrad, Moscow, London and Edinburgh. It was time

It was glorious, no discussion of either of them.
Having been once, I need to go again because my bucket list expanded.

Some of my attitudes hardened. My feeling that Israel should hold onto the Golan got more intense seeing the place. Interesting note was our tour guide thought Israel should give it back, and advanced a good argument for doing so.

Some of my views softened. Seeing actual palestinians rather than just mental characters helped.
Palestinians is spelt with a Capital "P".........So you actually SAW a Palestinian,and they weren't a green eyed monster the Jews/Zionists led you to believe....of course they were not.
Arabs can't prounounce the European letter P. That's how fake your Palestine is. In fact Palestine is a European label.

The Hurva Beit Knesset is interesting too. It was a Beit Knesset from Ottoman times. It got destroyed twice during Ottoman times (hence the name, it means destroyed) and dynamited by the Jordanians in 1949. It got rebuilt recently. It is very pretty.

No one banned you guys, you preferred to live elsewhere.

where? I had a trip. It was fun. I intend to bore you with it if you will let me.

I decided to go in May to go the first week of November because I was a "never Trumper." Israel was always on my bucket list. I have been to Stalingrad, Moscow, London and Edinburgh. It was time

Some of my attitudes hardened. My feeling that Israel should hold onto the Golan got more intense seeing the place. Interesting note was our tour guide thought Israel should give it back, and advanced a good argument for doing so.

Some of my views softened. Seeing actual palestinians rather than just mental characters helped.
Palestinians is spelt with a Capital "P".........So you actually SAW a Palestinian,and they weren't a green eyed monster the Jews/Zionists led you to believe....of course they were not.
Arabs can't prounounce the European letter P. That's how fake your Palestine is. In fact Palestine is a European label.

Rome named it, that is how old it is.

No one banned you guys, you preferred to live elsewhere.

Who were the Roman emperors that banned Jews from Jerusalem?
Who were the Arab caliphs that did the same?

As for the first question, Vespasian temporarily banned Jews from the city, Hadrian made a longer more intense ban. Vespasian enslaved a large portion of the jews and scattered them everywhere. The held onto their religion despite it all.

I was not aware the caliphs ever did that. The caliphs gave the jews a semi privileged status because of their brains in most of my reading

Shit Rouds you of all people have become an Authority of all things Palestine/s.....Tell me when this Miracle occurred,by the way Palestinians pronounce the letter "P" fine....What I have found horrible to hear is the Glutteral sound of Jews in Israel speaking English...and you will note that most of their spokepersons are usually British or America born Jews,for obvious reasons,which I personally don't need a Miracle to understand...and thanks for reminding me of that Rouds

As for the first question, Vespasian temporarily banned Jews from the city, Hadrian made a longer more intense ban. Vespasian enslaved a large portion of the jews and scattered them everywhere. The held onto their religion despite it all.

I was not aware the caliphs ever did that. The caliphs gave the jews a semi privileged status because of their brains in most of my reading
Loss,you are right, Welcome to the Threads here in downtown Soddom and Gommorra

Shit Rouds you of all people have become an Authority of all things Palestine/s.....Tell me when this Miracle occurred,by the way Palestinians pronounce the letter "P" fine....What I have found horrible to hear is the Glutteral sound of Jews in Israel speaking English...and you will note that most of their spokepersons are usually British or America born Jews,for obvious reasons,which I personally don't need a Miracle to understand...and thanks for reminding me of that Rouds
The Palestinians pronounce Palestine just fine with a P, in English or in Hebrew.

Now, find the P consonant in Arabic.

The Palestinians pronounce Palestine just fine with a P, in English or in Hebrew.

Now, find the P consonant in Arabic.
That is not what Rouds said,go to Hawaii and educate your mind

The Jewish quarter of Jerusalem is almost totally post 1967 construction. After 1949 the jews were kicked out in little than they could carry, the buildings were dynamited and the place was a municipal tip. After 1967 the Israelis spent a lot of time cleaning out, archeological digs, and finally reconstruction.

The kotel was a narrow alleyway prior to 1948. After 1969, it became a wide plaza. It is a clean well organized part of town. It is the nicest part of the old city by far.

from 1949 to 1967 the only gates to the city were Judas's gave, lion's gate, dung gate & Zion gate. The green line closed off Damascus, New, Jaffa gates.

I was there for 11 days. I was in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, and Haifa.

I had a visit to the Golan Heights.

Everyone was very nice. Except the border guard. She was nasty. :drills:

Gas is mucho expensive. $6.50 a gallon, I think.

Bus services were terrific. A ticket was $1.45, and the bus drivers gave change! All stops had a shelter, and ever shelter had a reader board giving bus # and when it is due, in Hebrew, Arabic and English.

Every where you go there is security. Most security was pretty casual in attitude, but gimlet eyed as well.

Ask me anything!
I visited back in 1991 just after the first Gulf War.

Definitely on my top 10 list of places to visit.

The others are Athens, Rome, Cairo, London, Paris, D.C., Key West, Cozumel, Cabo.

Oh Blease, Belestinains are bery beastful beoble!

Loss,you are right, Welcome to the Threads here in downtown Soddom and Gommorra

Your kind of towns eh?

Forum List

Back