Gas Prices Rise to $7 at California Stations

Yes, and there was a glut of petroleum on the market, with profits much lower to the petroleum industry. The petroleum industry rectified that in 2020 while trump was in office by killing production and not returning to full production, thereby making a shortage and a much more profitable industry environment, with lower production cost and higher profit at the sale point. That industry has no intention of production outstripping demand again. Sounds like petroleum industry execs went to business school, even if you didn't.

again with your DEM-CHINA Fauci Flu stories. What a disgusting SAP you are.

again with your DEM-CHINA Fauci Flu stories. What a disgusting SAP you are.
Did somebody besides you mention China, Covid or Flu? What kind of SAP are you?:auiqs.jpg:

It must be terribly expensive and suck to live in California. According to Gas Buddy today gas prices in Tennessee were mostly from $2.89 to $3.39. It was $3.39 at Kroger, Saturday when I filled up, but got a 60 cent discount making my fill up cost $2.79/Gal. Of course, California has about the highest gas tax in the country, so I guess that is how they like it, in that $7.00/Gal range.
The gas tax was for roads and bridges to be maintained. Once everyone decided to go Hybrid or EV, now Californication wants to tax milage instead of gas. Do what the left tells you to do, by going green, they still fuck you royally.

Did somebody besides you mention China, Covid or Flu? What kind of SAP are you?:auiqs.jpg:

Spinning dufus posted: The petroleum industry rectified that in 2020 while trump was in office by killing production. You have been told before that COVID BS DEM-CHINA economy killing shutdowns do not count.

The gas tax was for roads and bridges to be maintained. Once everyone decided to go Hybrid or EV, now Californication wants to tax milage instead of gas. Do what the left tells you to do, by going green, they still fuck you royally.

Texas was the first to talk about some kind of road tax for electric vehicles. I don't know if you guys got it done or not, but I agree with it, as roads must be maintained, and who better to pay for it than people who own and operate cars and trucks, gas, diesel, electric or whatever? I pay gas taxes in TN for the same purpose. It is much better than my cigarettes taxed here for children's healthcare for low income, along with advertising to get me to quit smoking. I and my private health insurance policies paid for the healthcare of my kids before they got out of college.
On the gas tax thing, we are at 27.48 cents/gal. You guys are only at 35.23 cents/gal, though you even toll people to death down there, California is at 77.97 cents. Californians are just fkd on gas tax and fuel prices. Somehow surprising for the 7th leading petroleum producing state in the country, but of course, it is California, so maybe not surprising.

Spinning dufus posted: The petroleum industry rectified that in 2020 while trump was in office by killing production. You have been told before that COVID BS DEM-CHINA economy killing shutdowns do not count.
I did not bring up Covid or China. Here is a good question. When 80% plus was back to work in the summer of 2020, a month or two after his shutdown, why didn't the petroleum industry come back at any time before or through the 2020 election?

Are you saying it was because of Covid, even though the vast majority of states that produce any oil at all were back to work before the election. If so, you are full of crap. The industry simply took advantage of the situation earlier in the year to adjust their level of production downward, decreasing supplies and raising profits on product at even lower costs to their bottom line. This isn't politics, or germs, or parties or presidents. It is and was Business 101.

Wow!
Interesting and timely, as just a couple days ago I had the misfortune in having to drive through a stretch of a California highway. I noticed that Diesel was going for more than $6.50 a gallon.

You can see by the chart in that link that global oil production has not returned to its pre-pandemic level.

Countries which depend on oil for a significant part of their economy (like Russia, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela) are keeping production low and prices high. Deliberately.

Meanwhile, the US is producing a record amount of oil.

See for yourself: U.S. Field Production of Crude Oil (Thousand Barrels per Day)

You can see by the chart in that link that global oil production has not returned to its pre-pandemic level.

Countries which depend on oil for a significant part of their economy (like Russia, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela) are keeping production low and prices high. Deliberately.

Why is it that if the US is producing record amounts of oil, did Joe the traitor Bidumb send millions of barrels of the Strategic Oil Reserve to China......Is he a stooge for the yellow bastards?

MSN
America’s emergency oil stockpile has plunged to 40-year lows. The shrinking Strategic Petroleum Reserve is limiting Washington’s ability to shield consumers from the fallout of Saudi Arabia’s aggressive supply cuts, according to Goldman Sachs.

“At this point, US energy policy has fewer bullets left. It has less levers left in its policy toolkit,” Daan Struyven, head of oil research at Goldman Sachs, told CNN in a phone interview.
Maybe if you stopped doing drugs you could remember what your traitorous side has done to the US and why the shit is the way it is...

Yes, and there was a glut of petroleum on the market, with profits much lower to the petroleum industry. The petroleum industry rectified that in 2020 while trump was in office by killing production and not returning to full production, thereby making a shortage and a much more profitable industry environment, with lower production cost and higher profit at the sale point. That industry has no intention of production outstripping demand again. Sounds like petroleum industry execs went to business school, even if you didn't.

Prices began ticking up the minute Joe Biden took office. When you send out the message, that you're going to kill an industry (as Biden and Democrats did) it should be of no surprise that that industry would immediately work towards maximizing their profits.

/---/ Not all oil that is drilled can be used to make gasoline.
There are six types of crude oil: light/sweet, light/sour, medium/sweet, medium/sour, heavy/sweet, and heavy/sour.
Light crude oil
is liquid petroleum that has a low density and flows freely at room temperature.[1] It has a low viscosity, low specific gravity and high API gravity due to the presence of a high proportion of light hydrocarbon fractions.[2] It generally has a low wax content. Light crude oil receives a higher price than heavy crude oil on commodity markets because it produces a higher percentage of gasoline and diesel fuel when converted into products by an oil refinery.
Most of the oil produced in the U.S. fields in Texas, Oklahoma, and elsewhere is light and sweet, compared to what comes from the Middle East and Russia. The problem is that for many years, imported oil met most of the U.S.’s energy needs, so a large percentage of the refining capacity here is geared towards dealing with oil that is heavier and less sweet than the kind produced here. - WIKIPEDIA

Democrats WANT higher gas prices to fight global warming.

If a democrat tells you they want lower gas prices, that pos is lying to your face.

Prices began ticking up the minute Joe Biden took office. When you send out the message, that you're going to kill an industry (as Biden and Democrats did) it should be of no surprise that that industry would immediately work towards maximizing their profits.
You believed that? You got any idea how much money you are talking about? Forget it! Basically you are looking at an oil embargo. They could have gone back to production under trump, well in advance of the election, but they had cover with the pandemic, and did not. This time, it is not Saudi or Opec and not politics, but business 101. The profits in the industry are through the roof. Don't even think big oil wants to see the market and production of 2019 again, not with it being more expensive to push to make that level, but with profits way lower. It is a basic fundamental truth of business production, that there is better money in selling less for more, than there is in selling more for less, as higher production has much higher costs and a glut on the market empowers buyers, not sellers, forcing them to sell cheap to keep sales and cashflow, while straining logistics. You look at it politically/emotionally, but business is not about emotion. It is about a business plan operated to efficiency for return on investment.
By the way, are you aware the only months that production was higher than the average of the last couple of year including present production level was August 2019 through March 2020 when they shut it down for the pandemic and got the glut out of the system, worldwide. Other than that, it was nowhere near today's production. You are aware, we are the world's leading producer, right? Oil, our biggest export on the balance of trade worldwide, right? The numbers from the industry are out there. I like the YCharts and it isn't hard to read or understand. Here is a snapshot showing we were at 385.31 Million Barrels a day.
1695862417829.png

But the real deal is going to the site and dragging across showing the number for any month in the graph period. Here is the link US Crude Oil Production

You believed that? You got any idea how much money you are talking about? Forget it! Basically you are looking at an oil embargo. They could have gone back to production under trump, well in advance of the election, but they had cover with the pandemic, and did not. This time, it is not Saudi or Opec and not politics, but business 101. The profits in the industry are through the roof. Don't even think big oil wants to see the market and production of 2019 again, not with it being more expensive to push to make that level, but with profits way lower. It is a basic fundamental truth of business production, that there is better money in selling less for more, than there is in selling more for less, as higher production has much higher costs and a glut on the market empowers buyers, not sellers, forcing them to sell cheap to keep sales and cashflow, while straining logistics. You look at it politically/emotionally, but business is not about emotion. It is about a business plan operated to efficiency for return on investment.
By the way, are you aware the only months that production was higher than the average of the last couple of year including present production level was August 2019 through March 2020 when they shut it down for the pandemic and got the glut out of the system, worldwide. Other than that, it was nowhere near today's production. You are aware, we are the world's leading producer, right? Oil, our biggest export on the balance of trade worldwide, right? The numbers from the industry are out there. I like the YCharts and it isn't hard to read or understand. Here is a snapshot showing we were at 385.31 Million Barrels a day.
View attachment 835094
But the real deal is going to the site and dragging across showing the number for any month in the graph period. Here is the link US Crude Oil Production
Do you know why there are big profits from big oil? So they could take those profits and use them to find new areas to drill. Oh yeah, that is what profits usually do, but when you have an hostile government who has intentions of shutting you down, you no longer use those profits to research areas, but at the end of the year, give them up to the shareholders.

Do you know why there are big profits from big oil? So they could take those profits and use them to find new areas to drill. Oh yeah, that is what profits usually do, but when you have an hostile government who has intentions of shutting you down, you no longer use those profits to research areas, but at the end of the year, give them up to the shareholders.

Whatever makes you think they haven't and don't?
Hostile government? BS. That is an emotional response, not a business response. If government is not locking you out of your present place of business but the city council was talking bad about you, would you quit doing business, just to shut them up? Not if you have shareholders you wouldn't. The oil companies are not shutting down, just metering their production efforts, operating at lower costs, while producing record profits to the bottom line. I don't particularly like it either, but National Honors Graduate Business Major, I understand it, perfectly.

Whatever makes you think they haven't and don't?
Hostile government? BS. That is an emotional response, not a business response. If government is not locking you out of your present place of business but the city council was talking bad about you, would you quit doing business, just to shut them up? Not if you have shareholders you wouldn't. The oil companies are not shutting down, just metering their production efforts, operating at lower costs, while producing record profits to the bottom line. I don't particularly like it either, but National Honors Graduate Business Major, I understand it, perfectly.

Forum List

Back