I went to Israel last year

a loss for words

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2017
upper left corner of the republic
I was there for 11 days. I was in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem, and Haifa.

I had a visit to the Golan Heights.

Everyone was very nice. Except the border guard. She was nasty. :drills:

Gas is mucho expensive. $6.50 a gallon, I think.

Bus services were terrific. A ticket was $1.45, and the bus drivers gave change! All stops had a shelter, and ever shelter had a reader board giving bus # and when it is due, in Hebrew, Arabic and English.

Every where you go there is security. Most security was pretty casual in attitude, but gimlet eyed as well.

Ask me anything!

With only 14 posts under your belt, why don't you SOCK it to us?

post count doesn't trump knowledge (well, ignorance slightly smaller than average) on the ground.

Jerusalem is a tel. The city has been built on top of the ruins of previous cities. The Cardo has been excavated, and it is 15' below the current level of the street. I have seen the street cleared off of my prejudices.

post count doesn't trump knowledge (well, ignorance slightly smaller than average) on the ground.

Jerusalem is a tel. The city has been built on top of the ruins of previous cities. The Cardo has been excavated, and it is 15' below the current level of the street. I have seen the street cleared off of my prejudices.

I can see where this is headed.

where? I had a trip. It was fun. I intend to bore you with it if you will let me.

Please bore us. Why did you go to Israel?
I decided to go in May to go the first week of November because I was a "never Trumper." Israel was always on my bucket list. I have been to Stalingrad, Moscow, London and Edinburgh. It was time

It was glorious, no discussion of either of them.
Having been once, I need to go again because my bucket list expanded.

Some of my attitudes hardened. My feeling that Israel should hold onto the Golan got more intense seeing the place. Interesting note was our tour guide thought Israel should give it back, and advanced a good argument for doing so.

Some of my views softened. Seeing actual palestinians rather than just mental characters helped.

where? I had a trip. It was fun. I intend to bore you with it if you will let me.

Please bore us. Why did you go to Israel?
I decided to go in May to go the first week of November because I was a "never Trumper." Israel was always on my bucket list. I have been to Stalingrad, Moscow, London and Edinburgh. It was time

It was glorious, no discussion of either of them.
Having been once, I need to go again because my bucket list expanded.

Some of my attitudes hardened. My feeling that Israel should hold onto the Golan got more intense seeing the place. Interesting note was our tour guide thought Israel should give it back, and advanced a good argument for doing so.

Some of my views softened. Seeing actual palestinians rather than just mental characters helped.
Palestinians is spelt with a Capital "P".........So you actually SAW a Palestinian,and they weren't a green eyed monster the Jews/Zionists led you to believe....of course they were not.

Palestinians is spelt with a Capital "P".........So you actually SAW a Palestinian,and they weren't a green eyed monster the Jews/Zionists led you to believe....of course they were not.
Well, there were some disagreeable things they did. The T shirts they sold in the old city were horrible, but the Israelis laughed them off. I saw a couple soldiers joking with a vendor and trying to negotiate prices with him on one that appalled me. The vendor obviously sold them to tourists and jerks, and the Israelis thought they were funny in a Mel Brooks definition of funny.

One thing..... why do they call it the wailing wall? Most of the folks I saw were joyus. The Kotel plaza was a place of happiness rather than any kind of sadness.

حائط المبكى - Wall if tears

comes from the Islamic tradition, referring to Jews who used to come and pray there.
Jews call it the Western Wall.

I am one of those who doubt the wall had any association with the temple. The temple is far off to the right. This area was part of the tenth legions camp. Just sharing my ignorance here

According to all 3 traditionsת both 1st and 2nd temples stood on Mount Moriah.
3500 years of continuous Jewish presence in the land is quiet enough to keep track of such things.

Bt Moriah is over in the city of David, has ample springs, as according to the bible. Xth legion camp has no water source. It has to get it piped in

Are You suggesting Jews somehow lost track of the location of their most sacred place?

Anyway, I was wondering...
was the Moses graffiti from some street in Florentine TA?

Forum List

Back