Zone1 I understand why non-Catholics dislike Catholicism of any variety

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022
I went to this purportedly Catholic site and got into a discussion with some of the "Catholics" there. OMG!

It was unbelievable. They insulted me at every turn and acted like only they knew anything about... just whatever topic. They disagreed with stuff that they would then turn around and put in different words and act like they were correct and I am just an idiot.

So this is obviously very un-Christian behavior. There were a few posters there who were polite and acted like a true Christian so I don't want to act like everyone there is evil LOL

But yeh... sadly, I can now fully understand (partially understood already) why non-Catholics get a feeling of actual evil in dealing with "Catholics" so called.

I got to talking with this Mexican woman in a grocery store some years ago and she said (it was like fingernails on a chalk board back then) that she "used to be Catholic, but now I'm a Christian"

OMG!

Catholics (the sincere ones) ARE definitely Christian. As stated before, the Catholic Church is the Church Christ founded. But ahhhhhhhhhhh

It is full of demons IMO

And not just the NO sect (Vatican et al) either...

Yes, I know, I should focus on the posters who were sincere... I do tend to see the glass half empty. :(

But you know... What I've said here needed to be said..

I think that the Leftist Pope that gives sermons on the evils of building walls and climate change are the biggest draws while ignoring the abortion issue and pedo scandals within the church.

I went to this purportedly Catholic site and got into a discussion with some of the "Catholics" there. OMG!

It was unbelievable. They insulted me at every turn and acted like only they knew anything about... just whatever topic. They disagreed with stuff that they would then turn around and put in different words and act like they were correct and I am just an idiot.

So this is obviously very un-Christian behavior. There were a few posters there who were polite and acted like a true Christian so I don't want to act like everyone there is evil LOL

But yeh... sadly, I can now fully understand (partially understood already) why non-Catholics get a feeling of actual evil in dealing with "Catholics" so called.

I got to talking with this Mexican woman in a grocery store some years ago and she said (it was like fingernails on a chalk board back then) that she "used to be Catholic, but now I'm a Christian"

OMG!

Catholics (the sincere ones) ARE definitely Christian. As stated before, the Catholic Church is the Church Christ founded. But ahhhhhhhhhhh

It is full of demons IMO

And not just the NO sect (Vatican et al) either...

Yes, I know, I should focus on the posters who were sincere... I do tend to see the glass half empty. :(

But you know... What I've said here needed to be said..

Asshole! And you are right now. I am a Catholic. Ever heard "As it calls into the forest so it roars back!"?

I think that the Leftist Pope that gives sermons on the evils of building walls and climate change are the biggest draws while ignoring the abortion issue and pedo scandals within the church.
this is one big reason I'm a Sedevacantist. Logic is another, albeit related reason.

The thing that I cannot figure out is this:

The Catholic Church always taught (which means it still teaches [The Vatican is not Catholic]) that should a pope fall into heresy, he is no longer pope. But a lot of Catholics persist in saying that Francis is our pope, like it or not. They say they don't have to obey if he asks Catholics to do something evil, and yet, if he is the righful pope, we have no choice but to obey. So if Francis said today that all Catholics have to, say, seek out a LGBT person and shake that person's hand and invite them to Mass (OMG) these Catholics would have to do that!!

So saying that Francis is not a pope is far from radical.

That said, there are some confusing thoughts and ideas on this whole topic of a heretical pope. But I am sifting through the information and getting it, slowly but surely.

What went wrong with your brain transplantation?

Many who call themselves "catholic" have no clue about our religion.

From noah to the mark of the beast to the Holy Eucharist...they know nothing & call themselves catholic.

It's been many years since I went to church because the churches are full of these people!

Many who call themselves "catholic" have no clue about our religion.

From noah to the mark of the beast to the Holy Eucharist...they know nothing & call themselves catholic.

It's been many years since I went to church because the churches are full of these people!
I'm a former non-Catholic that converted to Catholicism. I am happy with my decision.

this is one big reason I'm a Sedevacantist. Logic is another, albeit related reason.

The thing that I cannot figure out is this:

The Catholic Church always taught (which means it still teaches [The Vatican is not Catholic]) that should a pope fall into heresy, he is no longer pope. But a lot of Catholics persist in saying that Francis is our pope, like it or not. They say they don't have to obey if he asks Catholics to do something evil, and yet, if he is the righful pope, we have no choice but to obey. So if Francis said today that all Catholics have to, say, seek out a LGBT person and shake that person's hand and invite them to Mass (OMG) these Catholics would have to do that!!

So saying that Francis is not a pope is far from radical.

Sure, extremist.

That said, there are some confusing thoughts and ideas on this whole topic of a heretical pope. But I am sifting through the information and getting it, slowly but surely.

Whats is your religion and/or confession?

I'm a former non-Catholic that converted to Catholicism. I am happy with my decision.

I was born and raised catholic and I still am. But it seems to me the church and the people are redefining Catholicism into something I don't recognize.

I'll stick with the bible and interpret it for myself.

By the way: Francis is a wonderful man. But he is only pope. So don't worry Francesco: "In the end everything will be good and as long as it is not good it is not the end."

The Catholic Church, and Catholics implicitly, have historically made the claim that they are the "one true Church of Jesus Christ." This is irritating to other Christians, just as any other claim of authenticity is to those who feel differently. To wit, "It stopped being 'baseball' when they went to the Designated Hitter." More recently, the Church has declared that it is possible for anyone to "go to heaven" if they believe in God, believe in an afterlife, and believe that a virtuous life will be rewarded in the afterlife and an evil life will be punished (or extinguished).

There is no excuse for being abusive to those who disagree, even when communicating anonymously on line. Not only is it pointless, it is counterproductive.

Nevertheless, there is a large community of "Christians," atheists, and former "Catholics" who take inordinate pleasure in badmouthing the institution of the Church, to an extent that it goes beyond rational commentary. These are the people who bring up the pedo scandal in any mention of the Church, along with other common criticisms.

The bottom line, as the saying goes, is that the Roman Catholic Church has the advantage of being more-or-less uniform in its teachings, not altering them to fit contemporary feelings or to react to irrational criticisms. Indeed, institutions like the Episcopal Church in America have virtually walked away from the Bible, publicly, overtly, and to hell with anyone who disagrees - this is why that denomination is circling the drain, so to speak. The very existence of a Protestant community of "Christian" churches with beliefs that are "all over the lot," is a self-indictment, when one considers that Christ promised that the Holy Spirit would guide the Church over time. The Holy Spirit doesn't send out mixed or conflicting messages.

At the advanced age of 73, I only think that the world would be a better place if everyone ACTED AS THOUGH they believed the basic points in my first paragraph above. Believe it or not - I don't care - but act as though you believe that this life is not the totality of our existence and we will ultimately all get our just desserts.

I was born and raised catholic and I still am. But it seems to me the church and the people are redefining Catholicism into something I don't recognize.

So reject two thousand years of tradition, analysis, and commentary by people much smarter than we are, and interpret the Bible for ourselves. Doesn't seem rational to me.

But when it comes to needing an exorcist...everybody calls on the catholics to save their sorry ass :D

Exorcist3.jpg

Egocentrism is not Catholic. We are 1-1.5 billion people. And god loves every single one of them more than anything else in this universe. Also you - but perhaps not your bible, where is only written what you think what you understand. A bible is not god. Speak with others if you like to be sure with your interpretations.

So reject two thousand years of tradition, analysis, and commentary by people much smarter than we are, and interpret the Bible for ourselves. Doesn't seem rational to me.

When the "church" tells me I need to suck a faggots ass hole...I leave the church...because it's no longer a church!

Rational enough for ya?

Oh look, a Catholic reaching out for a convert

Yea, no thanks.

I remember a time when only the Catholic church opposed abortions. She always did do so and never stopped to do so. But many people still do not understand that the killing of human beings is not able to be a human right. So they make abortions - also Catholics. Sure this is hard - but did anyone ever say we live in heaven here on Earth? If you have a good idea in this context then tell it to us. But don't say a frustrated stupid nonsense on whatever weird political reasons. It exist by the way also abortions which are necessary - what is also often a psychological catastrophe for the hopeful parents. The whole theme is anything else than only placative and easy. But to kill human beings on not any real serios reason to have to do so is a terrible thing - specially because it had happened in millions of cases. You are right: We need a better future. But frustration will help nothing.

Last edited:
Oh look, a Catholic reaching out for a convert

Yea, no thanks.

I defend everyone - not only Christians - because for me everyone is a child of god. Some know this now and some are still on the way to make this experience - perhaps also sometimes over a much bigger time and distance than is the own life.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back