I thought gubmint coming between you and your Doctor was a bad thing

mmmjvpssm

Jun 9, 2011
New law in Florida passed by a Republican legislature and signed by a Republican Governor prohibits Doctors from asking their patients if they have guns

Some other Republican state, I forget which one, has a script about abortion that the law dictates Doctors read to their patients

What in the hell is it a doctor's business whether or not a patient owns a gun?

Good move Florida.

Good move Florida.

That doesn't matter

It would matter if the question was should doctors ask about guns, but that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the state coming between the doctor and the patient

Good move Florida.

That doesn't matter

It would matter if the question was should doctors ask about guns, but that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about the state coming between the doctor and the patient

I'm not sure what it is you're talking about. My point is what business is it of my doctor's if I own a gun or not? If this question was being asked in Fla., and an elected office put a stop to it - good on Fla./that elected official.

New law in Florida passed by a Republican legislature and signed by a Republican Governor prohibits Doctors from asking their patients if they have guns

Some other Republican state, I forget which one, has a script about abortion that the law dictates Doctors read to their patients

What the hell is your point?

Didn't we already have a thread that was pages and pages long and covered every conceivable argument there was?

fwiw, FL is right as doctors have no special training in firearms.

Good move Florida.

That doesn't matter

I'm not sure what it is you're talking about. My point is what business is it of my doctor's if I own a gun or not? If this question was being asked in Fla., and an elected office put a stop to it - good on Fla./that elected official.

In other words it's the governments job to decide what questions your doctor can ask

That doesn't matter

In other words it's the governments job to decide what questions your doctor can ask

How in the hell did you draw that conclusion? It's the governments job to be lawmakers. Seems like they did the right thing in rescinding this idiotic law.

Didn't we already have a thread that was pages and pages long and covered every conceivable argument there was?

There's lots of things doctors have no special training in. Are we going to pass laws about them too?

How in the hell did you draw that conclusion? It's the governments job to be lawmakers. Seems like they did the right thing in rescinding this idiotic law.

Nice try but they didn't rescind any law.

Should doctors ask their patients about guns? I don't know
Should there be a law against them asking? No, there shouldn't

Good move Florida.

That doesn't matter

How is preventing an irrelevant question, which really shouldnt be legislated on, come between the dr and patient?

Good move Florida.

That doesn't matter

How is preventing an irrelevant question, which really shouldnt be legislated on, come between the dr and patient?

You answered your own question

"shouldn't be legislated on"

That doesn't matter

Stop being a cement-head. Do a little research on the idea of "Informed Consent".

Knowing the consequences, both real and possible of a medical procedure is a far cry from a doctor inquiring as to whether a patient is a gun owner.

Good move Florida.

That doesn't matter

because it sets a legal precedent that the government can restrict the conversation a doctor has with his patient. it should not matter the topic, it should not be regulated.

That doesn't matter

No. I didn't answer my own question. How does preventing this question from being asked inhibit the Doctor Patient relationship?

Good move Florida.

That doesn't matter

Requiring a doctor to ask a patient about gun ownership comes inbetween the doctor patient relationship even further, because the patient is not there to validate gun ownership. Good move Florida.

All it was was a progressive policy to locate firearm owners in a fairly conservative state. Nothing less.
They are going to find out who owns guns and who dont very soon if they keep doing what they are doing.

That doesn't matter

Welcome to Obamacare.

Good move Florida.

That doesn't matter

Requiring a doctor to ask a patient about gun ownership comes inbetween the doctor patient relationship even further, because the patient is not there to validate gun ownership. Good move Florida.

so in essence you are advocating for government control over doctor patient conversations?

Forum List

Back