I think Rove might be in trouble.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bock2911, Jul 23, 2005.

1. bock2911

bock2911 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, it sounds like the grand jury might be looking into Rove for perjury and obstrusction of Justice. If that is true, Rove and Libby's time on the hill might be short.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1534684,00.html

2. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Notice where you got the story from. The only ones still pushing this story in the media are those who WISH it were true. Rove didnt commit any crime and therefore nothing will be done to him. But i suspect the NYT and Guardian will still have front page stories of ROve lieing from now until 2008 with a lower header of Abu Gharib.

3. bock2911

bock2911 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, it sounds to me, and what I have read at various other sources also, that Rove commited perjury, which last time I checked, was a crime... mmmm.... interesting.

4. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626

oj simpson commited perjury and he is free......mr clinton committed perjury and he is free.....hillary clinto committed perjury and she is free

5. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    There are a few simple reasons why this is going to play out in a way that is not going to make either side of the political spectrum happy...

1. It was common knowledge by those who worked in the right circles in the beltway that Valerie Plame was a CIA Agent who, IN THE PAST, had done undercover work. This information became common knowledge when it was discussed publically in 1994, I believe, during the Clinton years.

2. All of the comments from Rove that have emerged so far have been suitably explainable as a member of the Bush Administration explaining why they were unconcerned with Wilson's report. As of yet he has not said anything that looks like a deliberate attempt to take revenge on Wilson by outing his no-longer-covert wife. Bottom line with this one: According to the law as it exists now, Plame could not be "outed" because she already way "out."

3. Wilson has been caught in several fibs of his own, making it hard to claim victim status.

Heres how I see it playing out. Rove will be found guilty of absolutely nothing. Bush will not fire him. The left will bring him up everytime they want to discuss the "corrupt" Bush Administration. The right will continue to harp on the fact that he was not charged with anything and the left's refusual to accept that. The left will not be happy because they feel a guilty man was unpunished...the right will not be happy because the main stream media will not make nearly as big a deal out of Rove being innocent as they did of him possibly being guilty.

6. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    A but what you read and what is TRUE sometimes conflict. Rove did not commit perjury. Otherwise he would not be in the administration right now. Unlike liberals, Conservatives are held to higher standards by themselves and by their enemies. Rove would not be in the white house if he committed perjury.

7. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356

Thats no argument to make. Just because they got away with it doesnt mean Rove should. Rove didnt committ perjury though. So there is no comparison.

8. Max Power

Max Power Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.usmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23459

Not true. According to that memo, her status as an agent was classified with an 'S' for secret.

9. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
  10. Max Power

Max Power Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe it's really a number 5 and everyone's a little illiterate.