I think Obama is going to win the 2012 Election

If you had read the article, you would have gleaned that this is what OBAMA put out in December 2011 as HIS CAMPAIGNS paths to victory

I went back and re-read it. Thanks. I'm not sure why THEY are channeling 2004.

No problem.

They see the writing on the wall.

Of the states that Obama picked up in 2008, he is only leading Romney in one...Nevada.

Romney is leading Obama in Indiana, and Virginia.

The rest are statistical ties...and Romney isn't even the nominee yet !

Plus, Romney is leading in New Hampshire and is tied in Pennsylvania...both states that Kerry won in 2004.

Obama doesn't have very many successes to point to...his signature legislation is toxic, he squandered a super majority, and his plan is to admit he was unable to lead the nation because the Republicans controlled the lower house of Congress.

No economic plan...no budget... no change they were duped into voting for...no hope...just more blame..."It's not my fault...it's Bush's fault...it's congresses fault...it's the Republicans fault...the buck stops everywhere but here."

Will you be shocked when he (Obama) wins?

Candycorn

So now you're saying he's as high as 47-45% and he hasn't started campaigning yet. I won't say "in the bag" but I think his chances are better than what you're indicating.

The loss of support has been quite consistent. If the World bank is correct and 2012 will be severely recessionary, then Obama's neglect of the economy post 2008 will be impossible for him to reconcile with voters. Obama has been in "Campaign" mode since 2010....something which is obvious to me. Mitt is arguing with a half dozen others and getting well tempered for the real game.

I do NOT say Obama can't win; I say it is unlikely. He needs a game changer....Mitt being gay would help. But I don't think it's gonna happen. I think it far more likely that the press will turn on him; they love the smell of failed Presidents early in the morning.

Greg

I just can't see Mitt appealing to the electorate. He's going to have to start moving to the middle like next week. I don't think he has it in him.

This may be an ad you'll see in the fall:

The Living Room Candidate - Commercials - 2004 - Windsurfing

I can see Mitt windsurfing too...

dumbass1.jpg

I just can't see Mitt appealing to the electorate. He's going to have to start moving to the middle like next week. I don't think he has it in him.

You speak as if Mitt is the Nominee or something, the primaries are not over yet, although I know just how badly you guys would like to have Mitt as the Nominee, it's not in the bag yet. Why don't we hold off on dumbass threads like this until a nominee is selected eh?

You speak as if Mitt is the Nominee or something, the primaries are not over yet, although I know just how badly you guys would like to have Mitt as the Nominee, it's not in the bag yet. Why don't we hold off on dumbass threads like this until a nominee is selected eh?

It's over. In more ways than one.

I think our 5lb. Yorke is going to shit 24K gold turds any day now...

I'll bet ya the gold turds have a better chance...

I think he probably knows how to wind surf.

Candycorn

So now you're saying he's as high as 47-45% and he hasn't started campaigning yet. I won't say "in the bag" but I think his chances are better than what you're indicating.

The loss of support has been quite consistent. If the World bank is correct and 2012 will be severely recessionary, then Obama's neglect of the economy post 2008 will be impossible for him to reconcile with voters. Obama has been in "Campaign" mode since 2010....something which is obvious to me. Mitt is arguing with a half dozen others and getting well tempered for the real game.

I do NOT say Obama can't win; I say it is unlikely. He needs a game changer....Mitt being gay would help. But I don't think it's gonna happen. I think it far more likely that the press will turn on him; they love the smell of failed Presidents early in the morning.

Greg

If you think what Mr. Obama has done is campaigning...you ain't seen nothing yet.

Will you be shocked when Obama wins?

No problem.

Of the states that Obama picked up in 2008, he is only leading Romney in one...Nevada.

Plus, Romney is leading in New Hampshire and is tied in Pennsylvania...both states that Kerry won in 2004.

Obama doesn't have very many successes to point to...his signature legislation is toxic, he squandered a super majority, and his plan is to admit he was unable to lead the nation because the Republicans controlled the lower house of Congress.

No economic plan...no budget... no change they were duped into voting for...no hope...just more blame..."It's not my fault...it's Bush's fault...it's congresses fault...it's the Republicans fault...the buck stops everywhere but here."

The Righties do seem to be pretty sure of themselves EVEN THOUGH their current crop of candidates are sub-optimal at best ;) :eusa_whistle:

obama_laughing.jpg

Last edited:
No problem.

The Righties do seem to be pretty sure of themselves EVEN THOUGH their current crop of candidates are sub-optimal at best ;) :eusa_whistle:

obama_laughing.jpg

Its a toss up 10 months out. However, I think he's done enough good things to earn a second term. The GOP appointing a 1%er in this climate is pretty bizarre on their part.

Mitt Romney is already far closer to where the majority of the electorate is than Barack Obama is. He's the moderate candidate that HAS worked across party lines to get things done in a heavily liberal State. All Obama has shown us in three years is that he's incapable of working with the other side.

Ask yourself one simple question...

Do I want four more years of partisan gridlock...or do I want someone with a track record for fixing things and working well with others? Once you couch it in terms like that...it's not a hard decision.

I believe the plurality of voters will blame the GOP for the gridlock. Especially since Mitch McConnell is on record as saying their #1 priority was to make Obama a 1 term President, the GOP has sided with big business over and over in public, the pledge that the GOP candidates took not to accept a 10-1 ratio to fix the budget deficit....it goes on and on.

Truth is that Harry Reid is as large an obstructionist that you'll ever see. The politics are that the GOP gets the blame.

Thats the way it is.

You don't think voters will see through that???

Greg

obama_laughing.jpg

Its a toss up 10 months out. However, I think he's done enough good things to earn a second term. The GOP appointing a 1%er in this climate is pretty bizarre on their part.

I guess we'll know in about eleven months. This is a very interesting phase right now. Getting stuck into Newt may well backfire on the left as Romney looks like "I done nuffink". If it gets about character matters Romney is squeaky clean while Obama has a dirt file that hasn't even been touched yet. Ask the Clintons.

Greg

Frankly, if newt gets through this ex-wife thingy then he may emerge stronger . No-one like sh1t spreaders, and Newt is copping plenty. If he handles the pressure well and as he seems to be then he may well get the nod. He is by far the best performer of the Pubs so far.

Greg

Mitt Romney is already far closer to where the majority of the electorate is than Barack Obama is. He's the moderate candidate that HAS worked across party lines to get things done in a heavily liberal State. All Obama has shown us in three years is that he's incapable of working with the other side.

Ask yourself one simple question...

Do I want four more years of partisan gridlock...or do I want someone with a track record for fixing things and working well with others? Once you couch it in terms like that...it's not a hard decision.

I believe the plurality of voters will blame the GOP for the gridlock. Especially since Mitch McConnell is on record as saying their #1 priority was to make Obama a 1 term President, the GOP has sided with big business over and over in public, the pledge that the GOP candidates took not to accept a 10-1 ratio to fix the budget deficit....it goes on and on.

Truth is that Harry Reid is as large an obstructionist that you'll ever see. The politics are that the GOP gets the blame.

Thats the way it is.

You don't think voters will see through that???

Greg

On the Senatorial level yes. I expect the GOP to retake the Senate.

As for the President, no. The optics of the GOP are almost as consistently poor as one can hope for as an opponent.

No problem.

Obama doesn't have very many successes to point to...his signature legislation is toxic, he squandered a super majority, and his plan is too admit he was unable to lead the nation because the Republicans controlled the lower house of Congress.

Obama can't run on his record. It will be blame, minimization, Denial, Obfuscation...Class Warfare.

It's ALL he has.
That's too bad, but with all the false racism charges, the left's negativism may not stop.

Forum List

Back