I, the USMB Nostradamus predicts....

Rep. Tom Cole cites Iraq war in GOP’s struggles
Lawmaker speaks out against unprovoked aggression

BY CHRIS CASTEEL
Published: July 19, 2009

WASHINGTON — Rep. Tom Cole, in a candid new assessment of the state of the Republican Party, says the GOP lost its majorities in the House and Senate because of the Iraq war and calls for the party to abandon former President George W. Bush’s doctrine of unprovoked aggression.

Cole, R-Moore, who has spent much of his career working to get Republicans elected to office, says the party can make a comeback, both through capitalizing on Democratic missteps and redefining its identify, including on social issues.

Cole makes his arguments in a forthcoming opinion piece in a magazine published by Grinnell College, where Cole got his undergraduate degree.

In the piece, he says "it is clear that the decision of the Bush administration to go to war in Iraq cost Republicans their majority in Congress” after the 2006 elections. "Experience suggests that the Bush doctrine of ‘pre-emptive’ war is ill-suited to America’s values, traditions and democratic institutions. It ought to be discarded.”

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/83888-hope-and-change-for-the-republican-party.html

Last edited:
Rep. Tom Cole cites Iraq war in GOP’s struggles
Lawmaker speaks out against unprovoked aggression

BY CHRIS CASTEEL
Published: July 19, 2009

WASHINGTON — Rep. Tom Cole, in a candid new assessment of the state of the Republican Party, says the GOP lost its majorities in the House and Senate because of the Iraq war and calls for the party to abandon former President George W. Bush’s doctrine of unprovoked aggression.

Cole, R-Moore, who has spent much of his career working to get Republicans elected to office, says the party can make a comeback, both through capitalizing on Democratic missteps and redefining its identify, including on social issues.

Cole makes his arguments in a forthcoming opinion piece in a magazine published by Grinnell College, where Cole got his undergraduate degree.

In the piece, he says "it is clear that the decision of the Bush administration to go to war in Iraq cost Republicans their majority in Congress” after the 2006 elections. "Experience suggests that the Bush doctrine of ‘pre-emptive’ war is ill-suited to America’s values, traditions and democratic institutions. It ought to be discarded.”

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/83888-hope-and-change-for-the-republican-party.html

what you people want to happen in this country is the MINORITY opinion.

your the minoirity of your own minority party.

Democracy was NOT set up in this country by our founders for the minority of the minority to rule the day.

Why do you people HATE Democracy?

Because Democracy is a shitty way to run a country.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time but this nation needs to be run by rule of law not rule of man. The problem with a democracy is that if suddenly every single non-black person decided that they wanted blacks to be slaves again, they could have a vote and when the majority wins slavery is re-instituted. A Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

Democracy is fun. After all it's democracy that keeps middle eastern women in the burqua. Democracy kept blacks in slave chains. It all depends on whether you are in the majority or the minority.

dear fucking idiot,

your faction is the minority.

YOu dont get to force your wishes on te majority.

Its what the founders planned in the constuitution.

do you hate the constitution also?

the right wing IDIOTS have been taught to hate the word democracy.

yet they cant erase all the dictionaries and encyclopedias.

the right wing IDIOTS have been taught to hate the word democracy.

yet they cant erase all the dictionaries and encyclopedias.

When you broad brush the entire other side as idiots in a mean and crappy way.......

Maybe because you're jaded and have been through too many battles......

But when you do it? It's wrong.

And you should read your posts like the one quoted above, and realize that some of them talking that way towards people is why you started hating them in the first place.

Now you do it.

Now it's full circle.

If you hold the tax cuts for the middle class hostage you will pay the price. Boehner and the grumpy old boys know this. Its only a matter of time.

Ill remember to bump this later when you are back

TM you truly cannot be this stupid. Everyone knows and agrees that we have a type of Democracy, You even said it yourself and i quoted you. What everyone is trying to make you understand is that we do not have a straight majority democracy, But a Republic which gives the minority some protection from the majority.

Why is that so difficult to understand? Why do you insist on being stupid?

Because Democracy is a shitty way to run a country.

I don't know why I'm wasting my time but this nation needs to be run by rule of law not rule of man. The problem with a democracy is that if suddenly every single non-black person decided that they wanted blacks to be slaves again, they could have a vote and when the majority wins slavery is re-instituted. A Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.

Democracy is fun. After all it's democracy that keeps middle eastern women in the burqua. Democracy kept blacks in slave chains. It all depends on whether you are in the majority or the minority.

dear fucking idiot,

your faction is the minority.

YOu dont get to force your wishes on te majority.

Its what the founders planned in the constuitution.

do you hate the constitution also?

See? The fright train barrels along ignoring all logic and reason, she even argues with herself.

Ill remember to bump this later when you are back

TM you truly cannot be this stupid. Everyone knows and agrees that we have a type of Democracy, You even said it yourself and i quoted you. What everyone is trying to make you understand is that we do not have a straight majority democracy, But a Republic which gives the minority some protection from the majority.

Why is that so difficult to understand? Why do you insist on being stupid?

She works hard at being stupid, every day 24/7/365. I actually admire her work ethic.

Truth is that the Constitution (article IV section 4) promises that each state shall have a Republican form of government.....

"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened), against domestic Violence."

I don't see the word democracy in there....

If you hold the tax cuts for the middle class hostage you will pay the price. Boehner and the grumpy old boys know this. Its only a matter of time.

If Obama and Reid hold the tax cuts for ALL Americans hostage, they will pay the price. Its only a matter of time.

We still go over the fiscal cliff even if the tax revenue part of the equation is "fixed". Without spending cuts that happen in the very near future, our bond rating should rightfully drop and the economic slowdown will just continue. The lie to America continues.

Protecting those at the very top income level should NOT be a reason for holding up a deal. You arent going to find many middle class people out there too worried about a millionaire paying in some more.

Forum List

Back