I. S. Military Force

I don't mean to sound mean, but have you even thought about what you are suggesting? Where would the military people stay? How many for each school? What branch would they come from? How long would the tour of duty be for a school? Would there be special screenings required like there are for independent and recruiting duty?

Saying to just stick some military in a school to protect it is kinda unworkable.
It would be like going out on guard Duty

Do you realize how few military personnel actually stand "guard duty"?
Only in AIT do you do a lot.

Only the Army has AIT. :D
That was me army ranger

So, tell me! How many picnic baskets did Yogi steal on your watch? Oh, wait! Wrong type of Ranger!

U.S. Military Power | 2017 Index of U.S. Military Strength

We have a great military force but yet we have no one to protect our schools why not use that military force to protect our school

:hellno:

They have already done enough towards federalizing the public school system with common core and the curriculum.
No troops on school grounds as an armed deterrent ... Wrong message to the kids and the community.

We have a great military force but yet we have no one to protect our schools why not use that military force to protect our school

They have already done enough towards federalizing the public school system with common core and the curriculum.
No troops on school grounds as an armed deterrent ... Wrong message to the kids and the community.

What about veterans in plain clothes as suggested earlier

If someone is properly trained ... It doesn't make a difference whether or not they are a veteran.
Veterans have training and skills ... That doesn't mean they are great with 5th graders.

We have those already! They are called "teachers". I am one of them!

You need to catch up!

Common Core went away a couple of years ago.

But will they give you a gun?

You need to catch up!

It was a bad plan anyway

The NEA did a study and found that 72% of the teachers they surveyed did not want to have firearms in their classroom.

When you look at that ... Most people fail to see that 1 in every 4 teachers surveyed did want to have firearms in their classrooms.
If you have a hall with 8 teachers ... That's two firearms on that hallway ... And no need for non-essential personnel.

The bottom line is getting rid of guns is not the fix. You silly Dems

That's funny! They didn't ask me or anyone I know.

One firearm is all it takes!

A hall with 8 teachers? Funny! Really funny! The school where I teach now has a minimum of about 10-12 teachers per hall and 7 hallways total, sometimes with more than one teacher per classroom.

Guess what nit-wit ... Each school is different.
I used an easy number to make an easy point ... But if you need to wander around in forest looking for trees ... Knock yourself out ... :thup:

You need to catch up!

Maybe where you are ... But not here ... I know as a fact they are still using it ... I even know which one they are using ... :thup:
Bridges

You failed to read what I said in relation to Common Core. The feds don't give a shit what you use!

BTW, Bridges is a curriculum, not standards. That's an apples and watermelons comparison.

That's funny! They didn't ask me or anyone I know.

One firearm is all it takes!

A hall with 8 teachers? Funny! Really funny! The school where I teach now has a minimum of about 10-12 teachers per hall and 7 hallways total, sometimes with more than one teacher per classroom.

Guess what nit-wit ... Each school is different.
I used an easy number to make an easy point ... But if you need to wander around in forest looking for trees ... Knock yourself out ... :thup:

I misread your post and deleted that comment. My apologies!

You failed to read what I said in relation to Common Core. The feds don't give a shit what you use!

BTW, Bridges is a curriculum, not standards. That's an apples and watermelons comparison.

Bridges calls it common core standards (although they call it state standards on the page)

There are choices ... Some are better than others.
And Bridges isn't produced in this state ... So it is on the national level.

Common Core was devised as a means to federalize curriculum ... And some places are still using the same policies and practices.

Bridges calls it common core standards (although they call it state standards on the page)

There are choices ... Some are better than others.
And Bridges isn't produced in this state ... So it is on the national level.

Common Core was devised as a means to federalize curriculum ... And some places are still using the same policies and practices.

That is their choice, which was my point originally. Common Core went bye-bye!

Forum List

Back