I, Robot

5stringJeff

Sep 15, 2003
Puyallup, WA
Saw this last night. The basic plot is that Will Smith is a cop in 2035 Chicago who is very distrustful of robots. There are robots everywhere who are bound by the Three Laws, which basically make robots the servants of humankind. The "father" of robotics dies in an apparent suicide, and Will Smith gets to find out why he died, especially so close to the release of the newest model of robots.

Good action, decent plot, but not much in the way of character depth. Will Smiths character, especially, is the stereotypical burnt-out cop. But the girl in the movie who plays the robot psychatrist is totally hot, so that helps.

3 1/2 out of 5 stars.

I don't see the big deal about this movie ! It seems kinda corny and Will Smith is getting on my nerves when I see him on the late night shows ! He seems a little stuck on himself ! Their was a time when I really liked him a lot and as a role model for young people, but lately he has changed ! I don't care for it ! :dunno:

Yeah - this is reason enough to see the movie :)

bmoynahan.jpg

I just got back from seeing it. I liked the part where the roughies were fighting the robots in the streets, that was cool. All in all, I though it was OK. I didnt much care for the scifi aspect.

I saw a preview for I, Robot before Kill Bill Vol. 2, and the first time they showed the robot screaming "I did not kill anyone!" the entire audience burst into laughter. That movie looks pretty crappy in my opinion, but my roommate thinks it looks great.

Of course, he thinks Catwoman looks great, too.

Forum List

Back