I really love my country....but I also acknowledge facts...

We did, did we?

Can you explain how this worked, Gnat?

(This should be RICH!)

Not really my job to educate right wingers.....only to "encourage" them to read some history from the perspective of those we royally screwed because of "manifest destiny."

Right wingers do read and know their history. That's why we know we paid Mexico 15 million for the land.
It's you who is a left winger who has not read some history, that thinks we stole California.
we did California was paid as ransom it wasn't the flowers and bunny rabbits you are trying to make it .
that's the right's biggest problem with history...

Hell, as far as I am concerned, give California BACK to the Mexicans. No skin off my teeth. Isn't it about 80% Mexican anyway? Good Bye and Good riddance.
37.6%......and if Montana disappeared i dont think anyone would notice....just sayin........

Jingoistic? Perhaps you should learn the definition of a word before you use it in an accusing manner.

Actually "jingo" is right on target......Boasting of excessive patriotism and favors aggressiveness foreign involvement.....Heck, its like a gypsy just read your palm, isn't it?

I don't favor aggressive foreign involvement so the description is inaccurate. I do admit to being unabashedly patriotic. There is no country that is as great as ours.

When a thread starts out, I really love my country but.....they really don't love their country

Well, let's say you were reprimanding your kid...Doesn't mean hat you don't love him/her....and doesn't mean that your kid is "perfect."

But, forgive me...maybe right wingers' kids are perfect.

My country isn't my kid. That's a silly comparison.
hardly! sometimes like yourself or your kid the country needs some correction and guidance.
revering course to an imaginary better time is without fail stupid.

Is English that difficult for you?
oh no! not the false you have spelling and grammar problems ploy.
you could just not answer, if you have nothing to say as that response proves.

Jingoistic? Perhaps you should learn the definition of a word before you use it in an accusing manner.

Actually "jingo" is right on target......Boasting of excessive patriotism and favors aggressiveness foreign involvement.....Heck, its like a gypsy just read your palm, isn't it?

I don't favor aggressive foreign involvement so the description is inaccurate. I do admit to being unabashedly patriotic. There is no country that is as great as ours.
rationalizing...the favorite fallback position of the right.

When a thread starts out, I really love my country but.....they really don't love their country

Well, let's say you were reprimanding your kid...Doesn't mean hat you don't love him/her....and doesn't mean that your kid is "perfect."

hardly! sometimes like yourself or your kid the country needs some correction and guidance.

Hard to respond to a comment when it makes no fucking sense!

Really?
You like us being a debtor nation?
You like our children having children?
You like that our Public Education is very low on the list of the rest of the World?
You like our lack of moral standards and loss of self control?
You like our Government telling us what we can and can't do?
You like the rampant corruption in our Government?
You like that almost half of the nation is on food stamps?
Is this really what you want our country to be?

You must live in a really, REALLY bad neighborhood...

I live in a great neighborhood.
You live in denial. The Staticists don't lie.

18 Trillion in Debt

ttp://Kids Having Kids
Each year, about 1 million teenagers in the United States—approximately 10 percent of all 15- to 19-year-old women—become pregnant. Of these pregnancies only 13 percent are intended. The U.S. teen pregnancy rate is more than twice as high as that in any other advanced country and almost 10 times as high as the rate in Japan or the Netherlands. About a third of these teens abort their pregnancies, 14 percent miscarry, and 52 percent (or more than half a million teens) bear children, 72 percent of them out of wedlock. Of the half a million teens who give birth each year, roughly three-quarters are giving birth for the first time. Over 175,000 of these new mothers are age 17 or younger.

World education rankings which country does best at reading maths and science News The Guardian
We are 14th when we should be number one or in the top three.

And this is just three of the ones I listed.

no you did not thus proving my point..
my statement makes absolute sense.
your approval or understanding OF it is not necessary.

your approval or understanding OF
Really?
You like that our Public Education is very low on the list of the rest of the World?

18 Trillion in Debt

Each year, about 1 million teenagers in the United States—approximately 10 percent of all 15- to 19-year-old women—become pregnant. Of these pregnancies only 13 percent are intended. The U.S. teen pregnancy rate is more than twice as high as that in any other advanced country and almost 10 times as high as the rate in Japan or the Netherlands. About a third of these teens abort their pregnancies, 14 percent miscarry, and 52 percent (or more than half a million teens) bear children, 72 percent of them out of wedlock. Of the half a million teens who give birth each year, roughly three-quarters are giving birth for the first time. Over 175,000 of these new mothers are age 17 or younger.

World education rankings which country does best at reading maths and science News The Guardian

hate to burst your bubble but stats lie all the time .......

I'm never not sober...what your excuse.

ee0397ef684641d0c7ec1757e4bc7cab.jpg

Yeah, you look sober..

your approval or understanding OF
Really?

18 Trillion in Debt

hate to burst your bubble but stats lie all the time .......

Like I said, you are in denial.
Polls can be but not stats.

It didn't used to be, but once Barack Obama was put in charge, it went to shit fast....

Amazing isn't it.....we had such a GREAT country.....and in just 6 years you judge it to be in the toilet.....and all because a Muslim, Kenyan, Communist, half white guy stepped into the oval office.....

I certainly empathize and sympathize with your plight...Why oh why couldn't we just have a nation of old white people thumping Bibles.....

your approval or understanding OF it is not necessary.

Your concession is duly noted.

18 Trillion in Debt

Well, you're right about that debt......Its a real bitch when you go to TWO wars and initiate Medicare dis-Advantage Part D on a credit card.....

But I don't blame you for being upset and blaming it all on Obama.....who'd want that "kind" in the oval office anyway, right?.

18 Trillion in Debt

Well, you're right about that debt......Its a real bitch when you go to TWO wars and initiate Medicare dis-Advantage Part D on a credit card.....

But I don't blame you for being upset and blaming it all on Obama.....who'd want that "kind" in the oval office anyway, right?.

Where did I ever say Obama?
The things I am talking about has been happing and accumulating since the 1960's.

Forum List

Back