I propose the death penalty for all drug dealers

Our rehabs here are over priced and do absolutely nothing, I know people whose parents have spent tens of thousands of dollars to send them to these pricey expensive rehabs and nothing was accomplished. I am leaning towards the Chinese way of handling this.

Well you'll have to fight bianco-ilk to have your wishes implemented.
We ain't having this tripe in the Christian West without a war [legal one of course].

Fu Lixin, emotionally exhausted from caring for her sick mother, needed a little pick-me-up. A friend offered her a “special cigarette” — one laced with methamphetamine — and Ms. Fu happily inhaled.

Although she said it was her first time smoking meth, Ms. Fu, 41, was promptly sent to one of China’s compulsory drug rehabilitation centers. The minimum stay is two years, and life is an unremitting gantlet of physical abuse and forced labor without any drug treatment, according to former inmates and substance abuse professionals.

“It was a hell I’m still trying to recover from,” she said.

According to the United Nations, as many as a half million Chinese citizens are held at these centers at any given time. Detentions are meted out by the police without trials, judges or appeals.
Created in 2008 as part of a reform effort to grapple with the country’s growing narcotics problem, the centers, lawyers and drug experts say, have become de facto penal colonies where inmates are sent to factories and farms, fed substandard food and denied basic medical care.

That's the best way to treat addicts. After all, the choice is completely theirs.

Drug rehab/bootcamp...and what's going on in China ...are two completely different things.

Detentions are meted out by the police without trials, judges or appeals.
Fed substandard food and denied basic medical care.
Unremitting gantlet of physical abuse and forced labor without any drug treatment

Here's an idea...what about, instead of abusing or execution-homiciding drug addicts, we help them?

Youth Off The Streets - Youth Off The Streets

Welcome to Youth Off The Streets

Youth Off The Streets is a non-denominational community organisation working for young people aged 12-21 who are facing challenges of homelessness, drug and alcohol dependency, exclusion from school, neglect and abuse. We support these young people as they work to turn their lives around and overcome immense personal traumas such as neglect and physical, psychological and emotional abuse.

Since opening in 1991, Youth Off The Streets has grown from a single food van delivering meals to young homeless people on the streets of Kings Cross to a major youth specific agency offering a full continuum of care through delivery of a wide range of services.

Our 25 services include crisis accommodation, alcohol and other drug services, counselling, accredited high schools, outreach, residential programs and a mentoring program. Volunteers support us every step of the way.

Last edited:
[MENTION=40845]Jeremiah[/MENTION]

Before you dismiss out of hand everything China does, you really should go there in a clinical capacity and see how they do it. I went in my profession as a nurse and I was VERY impressed with many things they do, particularly their rehabilitation of heroin addicts. Their ethical values are geared more toward preserving their society and culture and less toward individual rights like ours. No doubt about that. Therefore, a heroin addict must complete his rehab program and if he decides to check out the nurse is also a police officer and can arrest him. They do everything they can to rehabilitate the heroin addict. But if that task is found to be impossible, then they provide the addict with clean needles to protect the rest of the population from blood borne pathogens. I was there when they had SARS. I stayed in touch with my Chinese guide for a long time after the trip. What I learned caused me to stand in awe of their utilitarian way of doing things. If this country had as many infected individuals as China did half our population would have been dead before anyone decided to get a handle on it.

I have to say that I was also impressed with the dedication of the Chinese nurses. And their research presentations in the conference were second to none.

Remember that many civilizations have fallen from within. The US will be no different. We have already started the descent.

You understand that you saw only what the Chinese wanted you to see.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/08/world/asia/08china.html?_r=0

Nevertheless, the Chinese policies of dealing with drug addicts are much better than ours.

Our rehabs here are over priced and do absolutely nothing, I know people whose parents have spent tens of thousands of dollars to send them to these pricey expensive rehabs and nothing was accomplished. I am leaning towards the Chinese way of handling this.

The only rehabs I've ever seen work were 28 day inpatient followed by 90 meetings in 90 days. In the Nashville area when I was there, the only effective program was the free Salvation Army inpatient program. It was second to none. But in 72 hours when the patient starts craving and wants to walk away, here in the US in most states we have to let him/her. Some states can commit the addict for up to 6 months, but if the person actually has a job by the time he gets out he has lost it and everything else.

I hosted some nurses from Japan back in the mid 90s and did a presentation for them about problems in American health care. They asked for help in the area of substance abuse because of their poor outcomes. I could only tell them that we don't get good outcomes either. It is clear that China is not 100% successful, but at least she is proactive in protecting the rest of the population from blood borne pathogens. Because we will not deal with that problem everyone who has to have a blood transfusion, platelets, gamma globulin, factor VIII, etc. is at risk.

Show me a post where that wannabe fudge packer is nice to someone. :popcorn:

why?....are you going to apologize to the guy?.....or ban yourself ...again?.....whats in it for me?....

You won't look like an ass who can't back up his statements.

here you go dipshit......

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/339230-politicalchic-6.html#post8593065

kinda makes you look like the ass....maybe they will find out you are a poster who was banned and is now back under another name and ban your ass again....

I propose the death penalty for all drug dealers, regardless of type or quantity of drug.

Because drug dealers cause so much harm to people and society, I believe they should face a firing squad.

Schwarzenegger: Send prisoners to Mexico - latimes.com

I vote for deportation, similar to Schwarzenegger's proposal to build prisons in Mexico ^

Exchange their citizenship for immigrants on the waiting list who WANT to work an honest living as a law abiding American.

And fill up sweatshop factories with prison laborers working for their restitution, so women and chlidren can go to school instead of being trafficked along the border.

Earned Amnesty

Actually, some drugs are illegal, and it is a judicial issue in those cases.

And drugs do cause considerable problems including premature death. Often you open the newspaper, and another famous person or even a first-time user has died due to a drug-related cause. Not too long ago, a small child died from eating a marijuana-laced brownie.

Telling children to leave the cookies or brownies alone is a lost cause. If the product is laced with "healing" marijuana, the parent will be "healed" of child support. Reckless homicide from a vehicle is not limited to alcoholics.
Why do I have to pay for someone who made poor life choices?

I'm not for doing anything the way the communists in China do it. These are the same people who plow right over their own citizens and crush them to death. No ideas from China - thanks... Rehab will work if the program is done correctly, Gravity. I've seen programs that have a good success rate - there is one in Chicago I heard about that is having tremendous success. People need to do their research, do an intervention and help their family members / friends.

I cannot see executing people for selling pot or buying pot. The idea horrifies me. We'd be putting kids on death row. Unthinkable that someone would consider this a solution to solving the drug problems of America. My goodness!

Before you dismiss out of hand everything China does, you really should go there in a clinical capacity and see how they do it. I went in my profession as a nurse and I was VERY impressed with many things they do, particularly their rehabilitation of heroin addicts. Their ethical values are geared more toward preserving their society and culture and less toward individual rights like ours. No doubt about that. Therefore, a heroin addict must complete his rehab program and if he decides to check out the nurse is also a police officer and can arrest him. They do everything they can to rehabilitate the heroin addict. But if that task is found to be impossible, then they provide the addict with clean needles to protect the rest of the population from blood borne pathogens. I was there when they had SARS. I stayed in touch with my Chinese guide for a long time after the trip. What I learned caused me to stand in awe of their utilitarian way of doing things. If this country had as many infected individuals as China did half our population would have been dead before anyone decided to get a handle on it.

I have to say that I was also impressed with the dedication of the Chinese nurses. And their research presentations in the conference were second to none.

Remember that many civilizations have fallen from within. The US will be no different. We have already started the descent.

Nevertheless, the Chinese policies of dealing with drug addicts are much better than ours.

If we had visiting nurses from another country, which we frequently do, do you really think we are going to show them anything but the best. We simply aren't and the presentation I gave was in response the request of the Chinese nurses. It was likely the only honest presentation they go the entire time they were here.

I can honestly say that the trash at the Traditional Medicine Hospital is the best smelling trash I've ever seen. Wonderful herb smells. We left out the back door to go to a restaurant, so we passed right by their dumpsters.

Now, I'm going to neg you for the insult to my intelligence in that post. Assuming you still have rep open. If you don't you can just take this as a neg.

Last edited:

Good comments [MENTION=26153]High_Gravity[/MENTION]. The government's first responsibility is to protect us. Substance abuse in this country is a dire and costly problem which endangers every citizen. And yet our government does nothing but dispense a few dollars for a 3 day stay in rehab. Just long enough for the craving to be at its height.

Actually, some drugs are illegal, and it is a judicial issue in those cases.

And drugs do cause considerable problems including premature death. Often you open the newspaper, and another famous person or even a first-time user has died due to a drug-related cause. Not too long ago, a small child died from eating a marijuana-laced brownie.

Telling children to leave the cookies or brownies alone is a lost cause. If the product is laced with "healing" marijuana, the parent will be "healed" of child support. Reckless homicide from a vehicle is not limited to alcoholics.
Why do I have to pay for someone who made poor life choices?

Because those choices affect you and yours.

I propose the death penalty for all drug dealers, regardless of type or quantity of drug.

Because drug dealers cause so much harm to people and society, I believe they should face a firing squad.

[MENTION=38033]Indofred[/MENTION]

That's the idea behind the war on drugs.

Which has been a failure.

May I suggest a different approach based on what studies have found works to decrease drug deaths, drug usage, drug addiction and the tax money being spent on drug enforcement as well as the cost of housing drug offenders?

I won't post the answer until I hear from you that you are open to considering it.

It isn't used in most countries.
I firmly believe, if you execute anyone dealing, even in the smallest quantities, others will think twice before trying to make money from death and misery.

Try going to countries where they are harsh with dealers - you don't even hear of the drug problem because they don't have one.

May I suggest a different approach based on what studies have found works to decrease drug deaths, drug usage, drug addiction and the tax money being spent on drug enforcement as well as the cost of housing drug offenders?

I won't post the answer until I hear from you that you are open to considering it.

I firmly believe, if you execute anyone dealing, even in the smallest quantities, others will think twice before trying to make money from death and misery.

Try going to countries where they are harsh with dealers - you don't even hear of the drug problem because they don't have one.

Never will I ever be setting foot in Indonesia, including Bali.
Indonesia execution-shreds drug dealers/smugglers.
They shot dead a Pakistani drug smuggler recently.
Human rights wasteland.

They're thumping their chests and shouting "defiance" [as Singapore did] as they tell Australia to "Butt out on death penalty".
Got two Aussie boys on death row at the moment...Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran.

Indonesia has a major drug problem;

Drug Addiction - Indonesia - Worldpress.org

Indonesia is plagued by an epidemic of drug abuse. The media is full of terrifying accounts of destruction and violence, young lives cut short, the breakdown of traditional values, children robbing parents, and 11-year-olds lured into addiction and prostitution. “A single use can result in addiction,” “Women prostitute themselves to support their habits,” and “25 percent of drug users will die” are some of the scare tactics seen in the media and on street banners.
Indonesia needs to take a more rational look at history, culture, and the failure of current policies to formulate an approach based on knowledge—not hysteria.

Last edited:

They also don’t have freedom of speech, religion, the right to assemble or to petition the government for a redress of grievances; they have no due process, no right to individual liberty, and no rule of law.

One of the enduring endeavors of the human species has been the quest to alter consciousness or in the vernacular to get high.

It's ridiculous to think the arbitrary banning of some drugs and legalization of others is going to stop it.

We should accept drug use as part of the human condition and stop wasting billions on a war on drugs that has not reduced drug use.

Muslims execute women for getting raped, has it stopped muslim men from raping? No.
Muslims chop people's hands off for stealing, has it stopped theft? No.
Countries like China that execute drug dealers haven't stopped drug dealing either.

Never will I ever be setting foot in Indonesia, including Bali.

Excellent news - We don't want fucking idiots like you here.

Indonesia execution-shreds drug dealers/smugglers.
They shot dead a Pakistani drug smuggler recently.
Human rights wasteland.

Indonesia only kills people who intend to kill others for money.
Perhaps you can explain how the bastard drug dealers, who don't give a shit about their customers except for the cash, are observing human rights.

They're thumping their chests and shouting "defiance" [as Singapore did] as they tell Australia to "Butt out on death penalty".
Got two Aussie boys on death row at the moment...Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran.

Chan and Sukumaran., clearly good Australian names.
Tell me, do you support immigration into Australia and families of those immigrants having the right to stay in Australia?

Indonesia has a major drug problem;

Not really. I see very little here compared with the UK, America or Australia.
Dealers are treated very badly, just as the scum deserve and population, in general, are very anti drug use.
Of course, there are addicts but they're mostly the turds that hang around with Australians. :D

Soap Actor Roger Danuarta Arrested for Heroin, Marijuana Possession - The Jakarta Globe

There is a problem amongst an idiot minority in Indonesia but they are few and far between.
Most of the importers are foreigners, just like the soon to be dead Australian murderers you mentioned earlier.

Muslims execute women for getting raped, has it stopped muslim men from raping? No.
Muslims chop people's hands off for stealing, has it stopped theft? No.
Countries like China that execute drug dealers haven't stopped drug dealing either.

You will never stop drug dealing, like you will never stop murder or robbery or rape. However, we haven't legalized murder, robbery or rape. Not yet anyway. We don't have violent crime at the levels we have drug crime because violent crime is dealt with harshly. Sure countries like China has drug dealing. They just don't have as much of it as we do.

Forum List

Back