I need someone to help me with this because I don't understand

There was a woman's right group marching in philadelphia today for equal pay.

Now can someone explain to me how the fuck would a female coworker know what my salary is?

That's why I don't understand the equal pay thing. I have never ever told any woman at my job how much I made

that would be *women's rights*

so discriminating against women is ok and they shouldn't know what you earn, dum dum?

You not answering my question. how the fuck would they know what my salary is if I didn't say anything ?

Your question is absurd.

The law is the law and you need to answer MY question

Why won't anyone answer my fucking question? if I don't reveal my salary to a woman I work with how the hell would she know what I made? ask HR?
Why are trying to make this about you?

Now can someone explain to me how the fuck would a female coworker know what my salary is?

That's why I don't understand the equal pay thing. I have never ever told any woman at my job how much I made

so discriminating against women is ok and they shouldn't know what you earn, dum dum?

You not answering my question. how the fuck would they know what my salary is if I didn't say anything ?

Your question is absurd.

Why won't anyone answer my fucking question? if I don't reveal my salary to a woman I work with how the hell would she know what I made? ask HR?
Why are trying to make this about you?

I think its because I'm a man

Your question is absurd.

Do you think the entire protest is about YOUR pay? Or about average pay across the gender lines?

You not understanding is pretty much your life story, aintit?

Again how would a woman know how much I made ?

You act like you are the only person who knows what you make.

Did you talk about your salary to women at the work place?

No. But do you actually think you are the ONLY person who knows your salary?

I know that, HR knows what I make

You not understanding is pretty much your life story, aintit?

HR knows what you make.
Payroll knows what you make.
Mgmt knows what you make.
The IRS knows what you make.
The state tax people know what you make.
Your bank knows what you make.
Credit Bureaus know pretty much what you make.
Any auditors who come into your office know what you make.

HR knows what you make.

Let me try this one more time while the Liquor stores are still open

if a woman was hired to do a job paying $60,000 and a guy who started a week later to do the same job was making $65,000, how would the woman know her pay is not equal to her male coworker??

HR knows what you make.

if a woman was hired to do a job paying $60,000 and a guy who started a week later to do the same job was making $65,000, how would the woman know her pay is not equal to her male coworker??

Go talk to your HR person and ask them what information is reported to the gov't. They report salaries, years with the company, gender and race ect ect.

No one has to know your specific salary and your name to know that a man makes more than a woman for the same job.

HR knows what you make.

Go talk to your HR person and ask them what information is reported to the gov't. They report salaries, years with the company, gender and race ect ect.

No one has to know your specific salary and your name to know that a man makes more than a woman for the same job.

A man's voice sounds more important than a women when someone has a problem and calls for state childcare so they should make more

A simple search would have been enough.

"The average woman's unadjusted annual salary has been cited as 78% to 82% of that of the average man's. However, after adjusting for choices made by male and female workers in college major, occupation, working hours, and parental leave, multiple studies find that pay rates between males and females varied by 5–6.6% or, females earning 94 cents to every dollar earned by their male counterparts. The remaining 6% of the gap has been speculated to originate from deficiency in salary negotiation skills and gender discrimination."

Gender pay gap in the United States - Wikipedia

Babes marching for equal pay? Barry had eight years to do something about it but obviously wasn't interested in the issue. No wonder women are now turning to president Trump for help.

"The average woman's unadjusted annual salary has been cited as 78% to 82% of that of the average man's. However, after adjusting for choices made by male and female workers in college major, occupation, working hours, and parental leave, multiple studies find that pay rates between males and females varied by 5–6.6% or, females earning 94 cents to every dollar earned by their male counterparts. The remaining 6% of the gap has been speculated to originate from deficiency in salary negotiation skills and gender discrimination."

The best quick explanation for the "earnings" gap I've heard went like this. In 2015 there were roughly 81 mil men working, 71 million women. Average work week men just under 40 hours, women just over 34.

Just for arguments sake round those numbers off and you are essentially comparing the earnings of 7 women working 35 hours a week to 8 men working 40 hours. If every one made $1/hr, 7 women working 35 hrs would make $245. 8 men working 40 would make $320. Divide 245 by 320 and you get .765625, rounded off .77.

How this myth continues to survive is baffling.

The best quick explanation for the "earnings" gap I've heard went like this. In 2015 there were roughly 81 mil men working, 71 million women. Average work week men just under 40 hours, women just over 34.

Just for arguments sake round those numbers off and you are essentially comparing the earnings of 7 women working 35 hours a week to 8 men working 40 hours. If every one made $1/hr, 7 women working 35 hrs would make $245. 8 men working 40 would make $320. Divide 245 by 320 and you get .765625, rounded off .77.

There are a couple of problems with your logic. First of all, the studies I have seen base it on hourly pay rates.
Second of all, the disparity in pay goes across the board. Not just hourly workers, but medical professionals, executives, and more.

There are a couple of problems with your logic. First of all, the studies I have seen base it on hourly pay rates.
Second of all, the disparity in pay goes across the board. Not just hourly workers, but medical professionals, executives, and more.
You may wish to share those studies. The last debate I watched on this subject pitted economists against social studies professors. The economists came armed with BLS numbers and their own meta-analysis where they collected 63 separate studies on the gender gap. In 62 of those studies the largest gap found was under 3%, the 63rd study said 22%. Their review of the 63rd study was that it did not study wages, it studied the aggregate earnings of all men vs all women. Meanwhile the social studies professors came armed with books written by feminists and one economic study, guess which one.

You do realize that paying women less for the same work is illegal. Has been since 1963. If all these women are being paid less why aren't we seeing an avalanche of law suits? Why wouldn't businesses hire only women and cut their payroll costs by 20%?

Another study I've seen bandied about by the left involved lawyers. It was very specific, something like divorce attorneys in Boston. I made that up but it was that specific. Well men came out way ahead 30-35%. Upon a closer look at the numbers it was revealed that the average experience level for the women was 7yrs for men 18yrs. When they encountered a woman with 18yrs experience her pay was in line with the men's average, a man with 7yrs experience was paid in line with the women's average.

I'm not an economist but my older brother is and teaches it at the university level. He's the one that refers to it as the myth that won't die.

Forum List

Back