i love that alec baldwin as Trump on snl...

Was there something in my post with which you disagree?.
Not so much disagree, just an opinion. "both sides are the same", they aren't.
Correct, they are not "the same".

But the ends of the spectrum do share many behaviors, as loathe as they are to admit it.

The ends of the spectrum are not the same. Show me where the far left is running the Clinton campaign? What is the far left? ALF? PETA? What? Hell, even Black Lives Matter lives outside of the Clinton campaign. And in case you haven't noticed from those emails, she is not owned by the far left.

Donald Trump is running through a greatest hits of far right wing conspiracies. He was the leader of the fucking birther movement for crying out loud. His campaign CEO (why CEO?) was the president for the gateway site to the alt-right movement. Trump is a big fan of Alex Jones and white supremacists in this country, on this board openly support Trump.

Both ends of the spectrum share many behaviors? No, one of them is being mainstreamed by a major political party and one of them is not.
Again, and I thought I was clear, the ends of the spectrum are not "the same".

However, they share many behaviors, particularly in political rhetoric and debate, such as:
  1. Denial
  2. Deflection
  3. Distortion
  4. Hyperbole
  5. Straw Man Arguments
  6. Personal Insults
  7. Name-Calling
  8. Obtuseness
  9. Outright Lies
These behaviors -- seemingly deployed as naturally as breathing for them -- make it essentially impossible to have extended honest conversations with them.

If you're really going to deny that, that would fit very nicely into #1.

Far left, right or center could employ anyone of those.

Point being, there is no far left in this country that has any real power. The only reason the far left is brought up is to excuse the actions of the far right, hell given the GOP candidate even the moderate right.
It makes me laugh when they blame bleeding heart liberals who want illegals to stay and not the companies who illegally hire them.

And the opposite is true for the Left. Partisans on both ends are hypocrites. .
And then you have those who are really into false equivalencies and strive to find symmetry to prove their own political bias.
Was there something in my post with which you disagree?

No they are not the same. That's just what Republicans tell frustrated voters because they don't want them to vote. When they can't convince them to vote GOP convince them there's no difference.

It's also what morons tell themselves when they can't be held to having an opinion.
Poor people are so stupid. They say the poorer you are the more likely you are to not vote. No wonder the Democrats only pay them half a mind and the GOP no mind.

But the ends of the spectrum do share many behaviors, as loathe as they are to admit it.

The ends of the spectrum are not the same. Show me where the far left is running the Clinton campaign? What is the far left? ALF? PETA? What? Hell, even Black Lives Matter lives outside of the Clinton campaign. And in case you haven't noticed from those emails, she is not owned by the far left.

Donald Trump is running through a greatest hits of far right wing conspiracies. He was the leader of the fucking birther movement for crying out loud. His campaign CEO (why CEO?) was the president for the gateway site to the alt-right movement. Trump is a big fan of Alex Jones and white supremacists in this country, on this board openly support Trump.

Both ends of the spectrum share many behaviors? No, one of them is being mainstreamed by a major political party and one of them is not.

However, they share many behaviors, particularly in political rhetoric and debate, such as:
  1. Denial
  2. Deflection
  3. Distortion
  4. Hyperbole
  5. Straw Man Arguments
  6. Personal Insults
  7. Name-Calling
  8. Obtuseness
  9. Outright Lies
These behaviors -- seemingly deployed as naturally as breathing for them -- make it essentially impossible to have extended honest conversations with them.

Point being, there is no far left in this country that has any real power. The only reason the far left is brought up is to excuse the actions of the far right, hell given the GOP candidate even the moderate right.
It makes me laugh when they blame bleeding heart liberals who want illegals to stay and not the companies who illegally hire them.

Those companies (and individuals) being Republicans.

And then you have those who are really into false equivalencies and strive to find symmetry to prove their own political bias.
Was there something in my post with which you disagree?

No they are not the same. That's just what Republicans tell frustrated voters because they don't want them to vote. When they can't convince them to vote GOP convince them there's no difference.

It's also what morons tell themselves when they can't be held to having an opinion.
Poor people are so stupid. They say the poorer you are the more likely you are to not vote. No wonder the Democrats only pay them half a mind and the GOP no mind.

I don't think wealth has much to do with it and I actually believe Democrats do quite a bit of courting to those who have been economically disenfranchised. Without them then Obama would never be elected.

1. Denial
  2. Deflection
  3. Distortion
  4. Hyperbole
  5. Straw Man Arguments
  6. Personal Insults
  7. Name-Calling
  8. Obtuseness
  9. Outright Lies

So both sides show human traits and that means they are the same in every way? One thing I can't stand is the false equivilecies argument used this year.

Donald Trump says grab em by the Pussy = Clinton has said bad things too!

Trump skips out on taxes = uhh so does Soros!

Trump can't find the line between mean and funny at a Dinner and gets booed = Clinton had mean jokes too!

And don't forget the left is just like the right. No differences and if there are differences...they both don't REALLY care about those because they are all terrible.

Some of you guys need a pick me up, some happy pills or at least some glass half full lenses.

1. Denial
  2. Deflection
  3. Distortion
  4. Hyperbole
  5. Straw Man Arguments
  6. Personal Insults
  7. Name-Calling
  8. Obtuseness
  9. Outright Lies

So both sides show human traits and that means they are the same in every way? One thing I can't stand is the false equivilecies argument used this year.

Trump can't find the line between mean and funny at a Dinner and gets booed = Clinton had mean jokes too!

And don't forget the left is just like the right. No differences and if there are differences...they both don't REALLY care about those because they are all terrible.

Some of you guys need a pick me up, some happy pills or at least some glass half full lenses.

Hillary attacking victims of her sexual predator husband was way worse

1. Denial
  2. Deflection
  3. Distortion
  4. Hyperbole
  5. Straw Man Arguments
  6. Personal Insults
  7. Name-Calling
  8. Obtuseness
  9. Outright Lies

How so? Document it.

1. Denial
  2. Deflection
  3. Distortion
  4. Hyperbole
  5. Straw Man Arguments
  6. Personal Insults
  7. Name-Calling
  8. Obtuseness
  9. Outright Lies

How so? Document it.

Obviously you already know, you're just playing the "no it isn't" game

1. Denial
  2. Deflection
  3. Distortion
  4. Hyperbole
  5. Straw Man Arguments
  6. Personal Insults
  7. Name-Calling
  8. Obtuseness
  9. Outright Lies

How so? Document it.

I'm giving you an opportunity that you don't appear to want to take. Says bunches.

1. Denial
  2. Deflection
  3. Distortion
  4. Hyperbole
  5. Straw Man Arguments
  6. Personal Insults
  7. Name-Calling
  8. Obtuseness
  9. Outright Lies

How so? Document it.

I'm giving you an opportunity that you don't appear to want to take. Says bunches.

The opportunity for you to keep saying no it isn't? Thanks for that, quite an offer

1. Denial
  2. Deflection
  3. Distortion
  4. Hyperbole
  5. Straw Man Arguments
  6. Personal Insults
  7. Name-Calling
  8. Obtuseness
  9. Outright Lies

Correct.

In fact, what was once considered ‘the left’ a generation ago today represents the mainstream:

The privacy rights of women reaffirmed.

Equal protection rights for gay Americans affirmed.

And a majority of Americans support comprehensive immigration reform and the decriminalization of marijuana.

In response the fearful, reactionary right has fought against this positive, beneficial change with hate, demagoguery, and bigotry – culminating in the candidacy of the likes of Trump.

How so? Document it.

The opportunity for you to keep saying no it isn't? Thanks for that, quite an offer

I didn't say 'no it isn't', you did. If you can't back up your own point that's fine, live with it. But don't blame me for your shortcomings.

1. Denial
  2. Deflection
  3. Distortion
  4. Hyperbole
  5. Straw Man Arguments
  6. Personal Insults
  7. Name-Calling
  8. Obtuseness
  9. Outright Lies

How so? Document it.

And that's why when they just say Hillary said worse they get mad when you don't just believe them. They won't show it to you and instead get mad that you had the nerve to ask what Kaz I'd talking about.

1. Denial
  2. Deflection
  3. Distortion
  4. Hyperbole
  5. Straw Man Arguments
  6. Personal Insults
  7. Name-Calling
  8. Obtuseness
  9. Outright Lies

Correct.

In fact, what was once considered ‘the left’ a generation ago today represents the mainstream:

The privacy rights of women reaffirmed.

Equal protection rights for gay Americans affirmed.

And a majority of Americans support comprehensive immigration reform and the decriminalization of marijuana.

In response the fearful, reactionary right has fought against this positive, beneficial change with hate, demagoguery, and bigotry – culminating in the candidacy of the likes of Trump.

Yes, on issue after issue it's the left of center/liberal view that is most often supported by Americans at large. Not everything, but most.

How so? Document it.

I didn't say 'no it isn't', you did. If you can't back up your own point that's fine, live with it. But don't blame me for your shortcomings.

I blame you for not being intellectually honest

How so? Document it.

And that's why when they just say Hillary said worse they get mad when you don't just believe them. They won't show it to you and instead get mad that you had the nerve to ask what Kaz I'd talking about.

You think I expected either of you nitwits to believe me?

:lmao:

OMG, every time I think you people can't get any more stupid. That's classic

reality tv too. we'll cut right to the chase on this one....

Who would hire this Jackass after the things he's said and done? Oh yeah, the left. The same left that then holds Trump accountable.

Well done, Gramps – you’ll always be the ignorant partisan nitwit.

This fails as a false comparison fallacy: Baldwin isn’t running for president, Trump is.

Forum List

Back