i love that alec baldwin as Trump on snl...

I guess in order for someone to play Trump properly they need an inner asshole to reach to for inspiration. Baldwin is doing an excellent job.
did obama's erection come up last night ? i heard they were told to stay away from it.

Why are you so obsessed with the president's penis?
seriously, you don't think it's news in an election year, it's the snake on the plane. aren't you curious about who was on the phone ? what happened to all the other pictures you hear being taken.

oh yeah and why was he waving it around like that. this is political theater at it's best to have actual video of the president being pervy. :) i gotta hear from the women on the plane. we will soon, snopes is on it.

Yes, right wing hysteria over such an obviously fake video is political theater. Poorly done political theater.

The ends of the spectrum are not the same. Show me where the far left is running the Clinton campaign? What is the far left? ALF? PETA? What? Hell, even Black Lives Matter lives outside of the Clinton campaign. And in case you haven't noticed from those emails, she is not owned by the far left.

Donald Trump is running through a greatest hits of far right wing conspiracies. He was the leader of the fucking birther movement for crying out loud. His campaign CEO (why CEO?) was the president for the gateway site to the alt-right movement. Trump is a big fan of Alex Jones and white supremacists in this country, on this board openly support Trump.

Both ends of the spectrum share many behaviors? No, one of them is being mainstreamed by a major political party and one of them is not.
Again, and I thought I was clear, the ends of the spectrum are not "the same".

However, they share many behaviors, particularly in political rhetoric and debate, such as:
  1. Denial
  2. Deflection
  3. Distortion
  4. Hyperbole
  5. Straw Man Arguments
  6. Personal Insults
  7. Name-Calling
  8. Obtuseness
  9. Outright Lies
These behaviors -- seemingly deployed as naturally as breathing for them -- make it essentially impossible to have extended honest conversations with them.

If you're really going to deny that, that would fit very nicely into #1.

So both sides show human traits and that means they are the same in every way? One thing I can't stand is the false equivilecies argument used this year.

Donald Trump says grab em by the Pussy = Clinton has said bad things too!

Trump skips out on taxes = uhh so does Soros!

Trump can't find the line between mean and funny at a Dinner and gets booed = Clinton had mean jokes too!

And don't forget the left is just like the right. No differences and if there are differences...they both don't REALLY care about those because they are all terrible.

Some of you guys need a pick me up, some happy pills or at least some glass half full lenses.
Yet another example of the type of dishonest straw man argument to which I referred earlier, and the reason it's so difficult to communicate with hardcore partisan ideologues.

I twice specifically said that both sides are not "the same", merely that they share many behaviors.

And then you say "So both sides show human traits and that means they are the same in every way?"

I've reached the conclusion that both the perceptions and thought processes of hardcore partisan ideologues are distorted. You literally can't help yourselves.

Everyone on earth displays those human behaviors. Expecting humans to not display those behaviors when they become politicians is an impossible bar to clear and leaves room for constant disappointment because you're expecting humans to not be human.

And cut the partisan ideologue bs. I laid out specific examples of false equivilecies. You in turn dismiss those specific examples to talk about ideologues. Nice pivot tho
Just pointing out your characteristic dishonesty again tho

When did you do that? I said you are creating false equivilecies and your response was to talk about partisans? Why ignore false equivilecies when that's the point I've made 3 times so far?

Baldwin could probably play Hillary more convincingly if he put his mind to it. Just imaging Baldwin in a pants suit. The resemblance would be uncanny.

I guess in order for someone to play Trump properly they need an inner asshole to reach to for inspiration. Baldwin is doing an excellent job.
did obama's erection come up last night ? i heard they were told to stay away from it.

Why are you so obsessed with the president's penis?
seriously, you don't think it's news in an election year, it's the snake on the plane. aren't you curious about who was on the phone ? what happened to all the other pictures you hear being taken.

oh yeah and why was he waving it around like that. this is political theater at it's best to have actual video of the president being pervy. :) i gotta hear from the women on the plane. we will soon, snopes is on it.

Yes, right wing hysteria over such an obviously fake video is political theater. Poorly done political theater.
if you say so...

So, now what you are saying (and I'm not going back to look at the posts) is that it's OK if you do those things on your list but if a liberal (or conservative I presume) then it's a sign of hyper partisanship or whatever. Seems to be an unfair standard.
And no, I'm not saying that.

Another straw man.

If I exhibit those behaviors, then I am guilty of exhibiting those behaviors. I go out of my way to avoid them because I want to be honest, and because I don't have an ideological flank I feel some need to protect. Hardcore partisan ideologues use those tactics regularly, constantly.

I don't need your agreement.

Why are you changing the subject? What groups do you think belong to the far right and what groups do you think belong to the far left? That's where this started and you keep deflecting and deflecting and accusing me of creating strawmen or whatever. Just name them already, Jesus Christ.
I provided a list, per your request, in Post 96 -- and you still haven't told me why you wanted/needed to change the subject to groups.

You are the one who deflected the conversation to groups. I'm talking about individual hardcore partisan ideologues on both ends.

Not groups.

Make a point about groups if that's where you want to go. You brought them up, not me, and I'm not interested in the topic. I was very specific with my point.

Last edited:
So, now what you are saying (and I'm not going back to look at the posts) is that it's OK if you do those things on your list but if a liberal (or conservative I presume) then it's a sign of hyper partisanship or whatever. Seems to be an unfair standard.

Another straw man.

If I exhibit those behaviors, then I am guilty of exhibiting those behaviors. I go out of my way to avoid them because I want to be honest, and because I don't have an ideological flank I feel some need to protect. Hardcore partisan ideologues use those tactics regularly, constantly.

Why are you changing the subject? What groups do you think belong to the far right and what groups do you think belong to the far left? That's where this started and you keep deflecting and deflecting and accusing me of creating strawmen or whatever. Just name them already, Jesus Christ.
I provided a list, per your request, in Post 96 -- and you still haven't told me why you wanted/needed to change the subject to groups.

You are the one who deflected the conversation to groups. I'm talking about individual hardcore partisan ideologues on both ends.

Not groups.

Make a point about groups if that's where you want to go. You brought them up, not me, and I'm not interested in the topic. I was very specific with my point.

Yeah, so according to you any group that supports left or right of center ideas is the far left or far right. Must be awesome to walk the thin line of common sense.

Last edited:

Another straw man.

Not groups.

Those are mostly just right or left of center. Not the far right or left.
Okay, you're the judge.

:rolleyes-41:

Another straw man.

Not groups.

Okay, you're the judge.

The groups you names are not on the ends of the spectrum. What do you consider the far left and right? I would assume as a moderate you look at both mainstream left and right positions, but those aren't the groups we are talking about.

Another straw man.

Not groups.

Okay, you're the judge.

The groups you names are not on the ends of the spectrum. What do you consider the far left and right? I would assume as a moderate you look at both mainstream left and right positions, but those aren't the groups we are talking about.
I don't know. I don't care. You are fixated on "groups", and I have made it abundantly clear that I am not.

Start a thread on "groups" and run with it. I won't participate because, again, I don't care.

My point was, and is, the similarities in behaviors of individuals on both ends of the political spectrum.

Last edited:

Not groups.

Okay, you're the judge.

I don't know. I don't care. You are fixated on "groups", and I have made it abundantly clear that I am not.

Start a thread on "groups" and run with it. I won't participate because, again, I don't care.

My point was and is the similarities in behaviors of individuals on both ends of the political spectrum.

Yep, in other words anyone who doesn't agree with you as a whole is suspect and demonstrates the same traits. But, no, not you, you're pure. You act as partisan to your own beliefs as much as anyone else.

Not groups.

Okay, you're the judge.

My point was and is the similarities in behaviors of individuals on both ends of the political spectrum.

Yep, in other words anyone who doesn't agree with you as a whole is suspect and demonstrates the same traits. But, no, not you, you're pure. You act as partisan to your own beliefs as much as anyone else.
There are plenty of people who choose to think for themselves. In fact, I believe I represent the majority.

Nothing special about me.

Laid out clearly in my sig.

Okay, you're the judge.

There are plenty of people who choose to think for themselves. In fact, I believe I represent the majority.

Nothing special about me.

Laid out clearly in my sig.

Once again, you'r sig references 'hardcore' partisans, what is that? Are you saying that those on the right whose primary tenants is small government and uses that philosophy as a basis for their political views is simply just a hardcore partisan? It's called consistency.

I agree with your sig, most people are not hardcore partisans. That would include most liberals and conservatives as well. Most people voting for Trump are not the far right, the far left wants nothing to do with Clinton. Yet, all these non-hardcore partisans are still yelling at each other over the dinner table about politics.

And here you are, pointing fingers at everyone else.

Forum List

Back