I lost two friends because of trying to tell a joke through texting and voicemail

Text in any form...message boards....cell phones...Facebook, Yahoo Messenger, and many others is the most misunderstood for of communications. Can't tell ya how many times that I, or someone I was communicating with misunderstood due to text. Speaking the words give a clue as to how you mean them.
I have had to apologize more than once over text communication gone bad.

The Bold is the important part, in my opinion. If there was a miscommunication, apologize and go on.

I agree. But, I have apologized for miscommunications, and the other party chose ........ though they knew differently (because it was explained to them).....they chose to not go on and or accept any apology.
It is as if they were just looking for a reason....and when that happens, I think ''so be it''.

If they are true friends things will work out.

Not always. Especially if one was just a pretender to begin with. I do not know many people that won't even accept apologies. Especially if it is someone that knows me pretty darn well, and know in reality there were miscommunications.

And the bigger question....why am I compelled to open his threads?
I can't resist them.

You probably would feel the same if I showed you my dick, Couldn't resist touching lol

Wondering why you always feel the need to talk about your private areas. Is it a complex, or just vile, or you think it's cute??

I've come to the conclusion he likes the attention and plays it off as as some game....kinda.
And of course women are more inclined to discuss such matters so it may be a desperate attempt at female contact be it real or digital.

So I learn from my mistakes and effective April of 2016, I will not have a texting conversation ever again. My limit now is send one text a day and send one response a day. If I call someone and the voicemail comes on, don't leave shit just hang up the phone.

All my communication now will be face to face or telephone as i move forward. I must learn from this experience.

Just use voicemail for what it's intended for -- raw one-way information. "Got your package today"... "I'll be there around 3:30" --- not things that require feedback (two-way).

Yanno the Amish don't use telephones for that reason --- it takes away the subtle content of visual face-to-face commuication.

Texting, I have yet to figure out any reason for that to exist at all, other than as an emergency last resort when phone communication is out.
Think harder. You're a member of a message board for fuck's sake.

So I learn from my mistakes and effective April of 2016, I will not have a texting conversation ever again. My limit now is send one text a day and send one response a day. If I call someone and the voicemail comes on, don't leave shit just hang up the phone.

All my communication now will be face to face or telephone as i move forward. I must learn from this experience.
I lost an entire city because I commented on my facebook page.

I didnt have any friends but it went viral. The mob sux *shudder*

In the usual arcane, sideways communications people do, I infer you were distracting drivers that hurt themselves and /or others in an accident. You get no sympathy from me. I never text on a phone, and never answer a phone while driving.

And the bigger question....why am I compelled to open his threads?
I can't resist them.

You probably would feel the same if I showed you my dick, Couldn't resist touching lol

Wondering why you always feel the need to talk about your private areas. Is it a complex, or just vile, or you think it's cute??

I've come to the conclusion he likes the attention and plays it off as as some game....kinda.......

Attention whore - told ya.

Does anyone else feel uncomfortable with fbj using USMB as a life coach?
I mean in an embarrassed for him sort of way.

Life coach? He comes here and throws out the most pitiful nonsense ever, and is routinely, mercilessly ridiculed for it. As he should be. Yes, he gets some advice. But I see no sign he pays attention to it. He is an attention whore. And, I can only speak for myself, but venting on his smarmy ass is almost like entertainment. Until, that is, he slices me to the quick with such brilliant retorts as "Unplug your internet immediately" or "If you saw my dick you'd want to touch it". What an amazing wit.

I text fairly often. Certainly more than I talk on the phone. It has advantages.
1) The other person can respond when they are free. You don't interrupt them.
2) Misunderstanding intent may be a problem, but not information. If I tell you to be at 1402 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, you won't end up on Peachtree Road, or Peachtree Corners.
3) You have documentation of what you said and what was said to you. You can refer back to it weeks later.
4) You can send pics and videos. At my job, using pictures to document things and distributing them to the right people save hours, dollars and miles.
5) Personal text messages all you to carry on a conversation when you have time. Going to be waiting for 5 mins? Catch up. You both are at work? You talk when you can and they talk when they can.

The big things are to never text while driving. Proof before you send. Make sure you are texting the right person. If not, remember #3 above.

Forum List

Back