I like NASA

rtwngAvngr said:
Oh. and Green Eggs and Ham is perhaps one of the most famous children's books in america. That's how I knew you were from elsewhere. You english is great. Being bilingual is amazing to us dumb americans!

Thanks! And that is a blessing of being born in small fly-dot country. In school you are required to learn two other languages. English is mandatory, and I went for german. (Already knew basic german from patrol-series books:
"Aaaahhhrg Got im himmel! Der Engländer! Achtung Spitfäuer!")

Also I found the book using google! It was a kids book, right?

Just a guy said:
Thanks! And that is a blessing of being born in small fly-dot country. In school you are required to learn two other languages. English is mandatory, and I went for german. (Already knew basic german from patrol-series books:
"Aaaahhhrg Got im himmel! Der Engländer! Achtung Spitfäuer!")

Also I found the book using google! It was a kids book, right?

Yeah. it's a kids book. I'm not sure what lesson is supposed to be learned besides tenacious salesmanship of miscolored food.

Just a guy said:
They are behind alot of everyday stuff we use, like teflon and microwave ovens. And watertight zippers and thermoxenoswitches. (Couldn't resist)

Umm.. actually, DuPont is the maker of Teflon...

I sure hope you don't cook on that crap......

Abbey Normal said:
For a moment, I thought you were quoting from the great movie, Being There. :D

Man. I almost did. I figured it was too obscure! You rock!

Abbey Normal said:
For a moment, I thought you were quoting from the great movie, Being There. :D

11109-large.jpg

Just a guy said:
Woke up this morning and felt somewhat angry. All the stuff around me. Smart things invented to make life better. Then I went to work, people coughing on the subway, eating medicine and thus giving the germs the knowledge how to completely wipe out humans from the scene in a thousand years. Germs are smart, they are patient. All germs are equally smart. The smartest humans did what?

Invent nuclear weapons? Medicine that will cure us now and leave us defenceless later? Food that will kill us? Cure for deceases that will make them inherited flaws whitin our genes? Some other very smart person invented mustard gas, or made a brilliant effort in storing deadly viruses.

If we are going to invent stuff like this, we must broaden our minds a bit. The earth is not the best place to test stuff like this out. Here is the part where NASA comes in to play, - get us out there! A science that have come up with things like nuclear bombs can only be forgivven if it provides us with the technology to prosper beyond the negative effects it has brought. Otherwise the germs will win.

[Just read what i wrote again :smoke: ]
Damn I'm good! :clap:

The smartest humans did what?

please live one day with nothing a human invented.

manu1959 said:
The smartest humans did what?

please live one day with nothing a human invented.

First of all that isn't as hard as you might think. But I don't think progression is wrong. Acctually I think it is urgent to keep or increase the pace of science. Hopefully in a more responsible way, though.

Mr.Conley said:
I have no idea whats going on here.
It's from the movie "Being There."

Side question: Abbey, the Grammarian, do movie titles go in quotes or italics?

Forum List

Back