I Hate Eating Out

I don't eat out as often because of the higher prices. I usually prepare my own meals.

I'm gonna say: just do every server and line cook and restaurant manager a giant favor and DO NOT eat out. At all. Ever. You're the kind of customer who should not do so--the kind who wants everything exactly, precisely as THEY want it.

That's not what restaurants are for. That's what home meals are for. You seem to prefer that, so....do that.

PSA: our local restaurants are banning more and more folks for being persnickity rather than comping meal after meal. I'm glad to see this and think it's overdue, tbh.
You are a real ton of fun, aren’t you?

I agree with her.

You’re then hypochondriac, pain-in-the-ass customer who thinks being a “paying customer” entitles you to be nit picky and rude

Our daughter was a hostess years ago at a very popular local restaurant. When old men would get either way too flirty or way too rude with her--both entirely too common--the managers would say, "get out and don't come back. You're on the 'no serve' list. If you come back, we will call the police."

People cannot believe this. "It's a public place! I have a right to be here!"

No sir, you absolutely DO NOT. Banned. Some people deserve this frankly. The entitlement of the American public is off the charts.

Every time you eat out you are exposing yourself to God knows how many germs. The absolute worst place to eat out is from a salad bar, with every disgusting person breezing, sneezing, and coughing their gross germs, viruses, and who knows what else on food you may eat and ingest.

I look at eating out as more of an intimate thing you do out of affection for someone you love. For example, there is an authentic Italian family-owned restaurant, called “Napolis”, that I frequent (a couple times each month). They know me and treat me very well. I trust them. If they ever fuck something up they will make it right AND comp the meal. They are totally awesome and the food is amazing. I certainly do not mind eating out there.

However, if it is something new, and I have not already hit it a couple times, I am very leery about eating out. Back in the day I would eat out all the time. But times are such today hat it is way too dangerous to be doing this. Plus, I am older now. I only rarely eat out any more. I don’t have to, so I don’t.

Another horrid issue related to eating out is where you eat out at a sub-standard venue. See, every eat-out joint has a dumpster around back. Every eat-out joint worth it’s salt as such will clean out their dumpster well before someone arrives to eat out there. I have gone to eat out at times I am getting ready to dine only to be met with a horrible, nauseating smell from the can out back. These are low-end eat out spots that should be avoided.

There’s an awful lot going on when you eat out. There are juices flowing and fragrances wafting about, and you may not have any idea whatsoever about the health rating. Maybe the cook has Covid and just doesn’t give a fuck? Maybe he has an itchy dick and didn’t was his hands before making your order. This is why I don’t like to eat out anymore unless I have a firm understanding of all the sauces and other stuff going into their dishes before I dine, and only if I am assured that they keep cans clean.
WYEHO though?

Homemade is ALWAYS better in every way.
In general, the food you fix at home, excluding processed food is going to be healthier, cheaper and with a bit of effort better tasting than what you buy in restaurants. Most restaurants have learned the secret of preparing food that customers like, lots of fat, lots sugar, and lots of salt, none of which are healthy. Unfortunately, meals prepared at home tend to be time consuming both in preparation and grocery shopping.

In general, the food you fix at home, excluding processed food is going to be healthier, cheaper and with a bit of effort better tasting than what you buy in restaurants. Most restaurants have learned the secret of preparing food that customers like, lots of fat, lots sugar, and lots of salt, none of which are healthy. Unfortunately, meals prepared at home tend to be time consuming both in preparation and grocery shopping.
FAT TASTES GOOD.

Every time you eat out you are exposing yourself to God knows how many germs. The absolute worst place to eat out is from a salad bar, with every disgusting person breezing, sneezing, and coughing their gross germs, viruses, and who knows what else on food you may eat and ingest.

I look at eating out as more of an intimate thing you do out of affection for someone you love. For example, there is an authentic Italian family-owned restaurant, called “Napolis”, that I frequent (a couple times each month). They know me and treat me very well. I trust them. If they ever fuck something up they will make it right AND comp the meal. They are totally awesome and the food is amazing. I certainly do not mind eating out there.

However, if it is something new, and I have not already hit it a couple times, I am very leery about eating out. Back in the day I would eat out all the time. But times are such today hat it is way too dangerous to be doing this. Plus, I am older now. I only rarely eat out any more. I don’t have to, so I don’t.

Another horrid issue related to eating out is where you eat out at a sub-standard venue. See, every eat-out joint has a dumpster around back. Every eat-out joint worth it’s salt as such will clean out their dumpster well before someone arrives to eat out there. I have gone to eat out at times I am getting ready to dine only to be met with a horrible, nauseating smell from the can out back. These are low-end eat out spots that should be avoided.

There’s an awful lot going on when you eat out. There are juices flowing and fragrances wafting about, and you may not have any idea whatsoever about the health rating. Maybe the cook has Covid and just doesn’t give a fuck? Maybe he has an itchy dick and didn’t was his hands before making your order. This is why I don’t like to eat out anymore unless I have a firm understanding of all the sauces and other stuff going into their dishes before I dine, and only if I am assured that they keep cans clean.
Have it your way and stay home. I never missed you at any of the restaurants I ate at.

Forum List

Back